Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good VPS host with DDoS protection for gameservers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good VPS host with DDoS protection for gameservers?

WInterntWInternt Member
edited January 2015 in General

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good VPS with DDoS protection to host a SA:MP game server and a teamspeak3 (Europe).

Any suggestions?

I don't know if RamNode DDoS protection works for SA:MP (SA:MP uses UDP).

Comments

• What's your budget and what spec do you want?

• WInterntWInternt Member
    edited January 2015

Something like this will be enough:

Ram: 1Gb

Disk: 15/20Gb

Max: 10/15€

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited January 2015

I can do -

2 Cores E3-1245v2

1GB RAM

35GB HDD RAID1

1Gbps

DDoS Protection

France

€10

• In what hosting company?

• OVH/SoYouStart

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited January 2015

RamNode should work for gameservers and teamspeak servers that use UDP, Just make sure you choose either Atlanta, New York, and or Netherlands and NOT Seattle As those locations utilize Staminus.

Don't forget the add-on for the DDoS protected IP

You don't want Seattle (CNservers) because "UDP floods will result in all UDP traffic being at least temporarily dropped for the target IP (except for certain DNS traffic)."
    Source: https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=85

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • RamNode if you get attacks <20gbps, zare.co.uk if you get attacks >20gbps.
    OVH isn't the best for ddos protection of gameservers, there are too many false positives.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

You can always host your VPS at a suitable location, wherever you like and use an external protection provider :)

• @SplitIce said:
    You can always host your VPS at a suitable location, wherever you like and use an external protection provider :)

Being a VPS for gameservers as OP requested, this method may lead to avoidable higher ping. Probably better off getting a VPS with DDoS protection in the ideal location as a bundle.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • svansvan Member

www.cloud-express.ro

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited April 2015

We can offer you the following with KVM virtualization:

RAM: 1024MB
    Processor: 1 Core (adjustable), Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz or Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 V2 @ 3.20GHz
    HDD: 25GB SATA, RAID-1; 90-160MB/s IO write speed (adjustable)
    Transfer: 2TB/mo. (adjustable)

Protection: Anti-DDoS Pro by OVH, permanent mitigation of unlimited attack sizes

IPv4: 1
    IPv6: 1
    rDNS through control panel is supported.

Benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/04/23/XkWfUQEl5qiGwgGy

Order: https://verelox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=2
    Price: 4.99 EUR/mo

• WInterntWInternt Member
    edited April 2015

Hi,

@Verelox Thank you for your offer but as you can see this topic is from some months ago (2 january).

About this topic...

After trying several providers, the only one that didn't give me problems was RamNode. I had some problems with their DDoS protection, but compared with other providers I have very little downtime since january. RN support is amazing, thanks to @Nick_A that is always helping when something fails :)

So, if there is someone looking at this topic searching for a good VPS with DDoS protection, I suggest RamNode ;)