Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Packet loss
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Packet loss

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Are you guys occuring packet loss in SBG Datacenter? Or its only our servers?

Comments

• I know if somebody who is having large pings to Canada in the Canadian facility (300-400MS for some Canadian users and 500MS and such for America at times) so I'm unsure but there might be an issue with their peering in the Canadian facility. Unsure about SBG but it's possible they are having issues there.

I'd suggest using some traceroute tools online to traceroute from several locations and see exactly on the traceroutes where the packet loss is occuring.

• It sometimes occurs with certain servers, experienced it with a SYS server the other day. Only 1 server was affected.

• Some OVH problems are only posted on the French status page, I don't know why.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

OVH post on twitter that they receive massive DDoS from China since the last 2 days. ~600gb inbound. So maybe this can be part of your problem, since SBG host one of the VAC.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

I have 2 servers from SoYouStart Canada and am not seeing any latency or packet loss.

• Verify that the VAC mode is set to automatic and not the forced mode

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited January 2015

China is mitigated by SBG, and the bulk of the attack is originating from China, so that makes sense.

What @nexmark said

• I have 4 SoYouStart canada servers and i'm seeing some packet loss.

• can't rdp to my runabove windows vps

• @extremez said:
    can't rdp to my runabove windows vps

Maybe something wrong with Security Groups?

• @desperand said:
    Maybe something wrong with Security Groups?

No, I dont change anything. I can access it normally for the past 2 months