Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Cost Fedora VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low Cost Fedora VPS

StudentOf33StudentOf33 Member
edited January 2015 in Requests

Hello, I am looking for a Fedora VPS with the following specifications:

• 1GB of RAM
  • 5TB of Bandwidth
  • 1GBPS Link
  • 200-300GB of HDD
  • Allows private torrent trackers
  • No port restrictions (Want to ensure Plex streams smoothly, and BitTorrent traffic)
  • Located in US (If possible)
  • Budget: $15-25/mo

Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2015

I think most hosts offer Fedora. Ramnode definitely does have Fedora 19 and 20, and their 1GB cached plan would be ideal. Extra 1TB bandwidth available for $4 but not sure if they allow torrents @nick_a I think I remember reading they allow private torrents in US locations

In my experience, if you download torrents occasionally and aren't using tons of bandwidth 24/7 I don't think most hosts will mind, or even notice. But I think you would be best off grabbing a Kimsufi box in Canada, I'm sure they offer Fedora, although only 100mbps.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Does Montreal, Canada works (Ovh have low ping to most USA location)? We may be able to offer you something there at low cost, otherwise we have Jaksonville location too, but a bit more expensive for such storage space.

• Does OVH limit the upload speed on BitTorrent protocol?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@StudentOf33 said:
    Does OVH limit the upload speed on BitTorrent protocol?

Not on their dedicated server. But I don't know on their VPS branch.

• @StudentOf33 we can get you that specification in two US location @22$/Month.

Please open a support ticket with our sales or pm me here in case you are interested.

Regards

• edited January 2015

Vpsdime's storage VPS line, though limited to 50/50 speeds