Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testers needed: Simply Uptime, an uptime monitoring service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Testers needed: Simply Uptime, an uptime monitoring service

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce Simply Uptime, a service to monitor the uptime of your websites, servers or network services.

The feature set of the service is currently very limited, and the design/appearance even more so. You might even find a 404 here and there.

I am looking for a few testers to give it a go, and report back to me on things such as reliability, false positives, etcetera.

Signing up can be done here:
http://dashboard.simplyuptime.com/register
(no product website yet, sorry!)

You will need a beta code to sign up, these are on first-come, first-served basis, one time use codes:

ZU2EVAKU
PHEBR7XE
CUJECRE5
CR6VAMAX
FRE3ASAS
VUCHEB8B
CHUCRUR5
STADUX7T
8AFREPHU
PEHURE5U

(I can't really get newlines between the codes, so I'll just keep it on 1 line)

There currently is a limit of 15 monitors, which can be configured to test each minute. You cannot select what servers are used for checking.

In the future there may be free plans (the commercial aspect must still be worked out), but the beta testers will keep their 15 free monitors either way.

I'm sure I missed a lot of things I should've explained, so feel free to shoot me any questions via PM, email (alexander [at] simplyuptime [dot] com) or by simply posting in this thread.

Comments

• Just signed up will write a quick review in a hour

• Ran some tests and checks.

Really good system.
    Needs a API to beat uptime robot. The second you add a API I will switch from UptimeRobot

• Signed up, used this code: PHEBR7XE

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 01-01-2015 23:16 Canada ONLINE 88ms

01-01-2015 23:15 Eastern Europe ONLINE 1054ms

My server is in France how can you get this ping lol

• First suggestion:
    The box where you can choose the type of monitoring, make HTTP default, I think it's the most common monitoring type.

• That's indeed a pretty interesting latency :) the monitoring servers are using shared resources, thus latency can vary. It's currently just a gimmick, should it show incorrect/spiked values too often, I'll remove it.

As for API, it will definitely be implemented in the future.

All beta codes are currently used! Thanks all.

• If a monitor reports a check as down, will a second monitor check if it really is down? A setting for something like this would be good.

• @tr1cky said:
    First suggestion:
    The box where you can choose the type of monitoring, make HTTP default, I think it's the most common monitoring type.

I would say ping

• tr1cky said: If a monitor reports a check as down, will a second monitor check if it really is down? A setting for something like this would be good.

Unfortunately, this is not a setting you can configure. But the system checks with 2 other locations to test, before a monitor is indicated as offline. These 2 other locations must also be in a different geographical location.

• Whatever happened to this?

• all code has been used :(

• It's still running, and the testers that joined initially still have working accounts, but I decided to keep it as a personal tool instead of a public project.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • all codes used looks like i am too late.

• any more codes ?

• tread necro

• @knopix80 said:
    all code has been used :(

Yes, because this was posted in January.

@masterqqq said:
    all codes used looks like i am too late.

Yes, several months too late.

@Mridul said:
    any more codes ?

Read the OP's last response. No longer a public service.

Thanked by 1Aleksio