Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoVZ now offer 64MB yearly VPS -- 1.50Euro/year + RYANTRACKER(TradeMark)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoVZ now offer 64MB yearly VPS -- 1.50Euro/year + RYANTRACKER(TradeMark)

edited January 2015 in Offers

I was just looking for another LES style box today and didn't find anyone that stood out. So I slowly headed back over to Ryan and nanovz.com to find new Nano64 plans.

Also check the RyanTracker http://ryandreamsofsheep.com/

1 vCPU Core (Throttled to 50%)

64MB RAM

1GB SSD-Cached HDD

100GB @ 1Gbit

20 NAT IPv4 Ports + 1 SSH Port

/64 IPv6 Subnet

Solusvm

For just 1.50euro per year!!

Was no use to me due to low disk but hopefully this will help someone :)

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• That might be interesting for a TeamSpeak server. I mean for 32 slots the ressources should be enough. 1.50 Euro for that kind of server... just insane

• 64 Mb VPS are a perfect choice for a personal OpenVPN + Squid proxy. The default OS template is Centos, but I like the Debian 7 minimal template more. SSH port 22 is forwarded to a nonstandard port listed on the provisioning email. TUN and PPP needs to be enabled trough the SolusVM control panel. I installed squid and the OpenVPN script I found on the LES support forum, and they run without issues. The bundle package with 5 locations is a even better deal.

Thanked by 2JustJon netomx
  • @pcan said:
    64 Mb VPS are a perfect choice for a personal OpenVPN + Squid proxy. The default OS template is Centos, but I like the Debian 7 minimal template more. SSH port 22 is forwarded to a nonstandard port listed on the provisioning email. TUN and PPP needs to be enabled trough the SolusVM control panel. I installed squid and the OpenVPN script I found on the LES support forum, and they run without issues. The bundle package with 5 locations is a even better deal.

all 5 128mb is 10euro

all 5 64mb is 5 euro!

Good deals

• I was just starting to decrease my collection over the past few months, now I have 5 more VPS's again... Hard to quit this addiction...

• @kendid said:
    I was just starting to decrease my collection over the past few months, now I have 5 more VPS's again... Hard to quit this addiction...

I know the feeling

Thanked by 2kendid nexusrain
  • jemaltzjemaltz Member
    edited January 2015

@pcan said:
    64 Mb VPS are a perfect choice for a personal OpenVPN + Squid proxy.

Out of curiosity, why OpenVPN + Squid instead of, say, OpenVPN + firewall routing rules? That's got to be a lower overhead, I'd imagine.

• I use OpenVPN because it has a good free client software for Android devices. The apk can also be sideloaded on Kindle Fire and other devices with missing Google play store. The server part does use very little VPS resources.

Squid because on a desktop computer is easy to have a single proxy-ed browser windows while the system keeps using the regular Internet connection. I use Firefox or Internet explorer as regular browsers, but I want a Chrome window to access a geolocated content. I make a shortcut to Chrome on the Windows desktop, recall the shortcut properties and add --proxy-server=x.x.x.x:port to the "destination" field. The squid service is light on resource.

I am still searching a Debian script for DNS server + transparent proxy installation. The goal is to simply force this DNS server IP on the PC/console/smartphone LAN TCP/IP parameters, this way some web sites will be automatically redirected trough the proxy. This is common on commercial VPN providers, but I haven't found a open source/free script to automate the VPS setup.

Thanked by 2netomx ehab
  • Forgot to mention the RyanTracker (tm)

http://ryandreamsofsheep.com/

• +1 for openVPN & Squid3 on these, running perfect.

• 2 Continents, 3 Countries, 5 x 64MB VPS for 5 Eur.. solid deal.

• Where's the order link? :P

• @pcan Ah, I thought you were using them in conjunction with one another, hence why I asked.

Regarding the "smart DNS" solution, the primary issue that you'll have is knowing which addresses to proxy. Any list, of course, would likely soon be outdated.

That said, you may want to have a look at:
    http://trick77.com/2014/03/01/tunlr-style-dns-unblocking-pandora-netflix-hulu-et-al/

Thanked by 1pcan
  • Haha sorry everyone for those that wanted to make their VPS Collections Smaller, but i felt that there was more need for Ultra Low Ram VPS Servers, so decided to roll out a 64mb ram option, with lower bandwidth etc for those that wish to use them as Test Containers before getting larger ones, or for small VPN Servers etc.

But just wanted to note on here there will be a migration for LA in the next couple of days to Quadranet's Datacentre. with a port upgrade and raid to match the rest of my Locations.

And i'm always looking for Suggestions to better the service in any way :)

Regards,
    Ryan

ps. Just to add to this RyanTracker i'm usually awake between the hours of 7:30 and 22:00 7 days. but this will hopefully help everyone keep track of what's going on since i live in a very different timezone to everyone else.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    ps. Just to add to this RyanTracker i'm usually awake between the hours of 7:30 and 22:00 7 days. but this will hopefully help everyone keep track of what's going on since i live in a very different timezone to everyone else.

I just have the current AEST time down the bottom of every page of the billing panel ;-)

https://traviro.net/cloud/

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited January 2015

@0xdragon - i would do something like that, but there are a lot of people that just don't read all the information (like everyone that doesn't read "NAT IPv4" and "20 NAT IPv4 Ports" etc, they assume that that means they get 20 Dedicated IPv4's for a whole 3 euro a year.

having a clock on an external source, and just setup an auto reply on whmcs to send people there. hopefully they will understand. as well as if the billing panel goes down for some reason people can still check it to see if im awake enough to realise that it's down

• Nice :-), ended up grabbing one for the hell of it to do some testing,

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    0xdragon - i would do something like that, but there are a lot of people that just don't read all the information (like everyone that doesn't read "NAT IPv4" and "20 NAT IPv4 Ports" etc, they assume that that means they get 20 Dedicated IPv4's for a whole 3 euro a year.

having a clock on an external source, and just setup an auto reply on whmcs to send people there. hopefully they will understand. as well as if the billing panel goes down for some reason people can still check it to see if im awake enough to realise that it's down

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll see if Blesta supports auto replies. I also got my ABN (finally!).

• @0xdragon i dont think blesta does, although when i used it it was v2 still. - Did you get caught by the 28 day waiting period crap. i hated that.. lol register a business name too?

No, Thank you @catalystium :)

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    0xdragon i dont think blesta does, although when i used it it was v2 still. - Did you get caught by the 28 day waiting period crap. i hated that.. lol register a business name too?

No, Thank you catalystium :)

Nope, instant acceptance :)
    I'll register one later today.

But my PayPal account got limited while they check it.. Sigh.

• Damn you. I had to wait 28 days for mine. And paid a nice fee for it since i got my accountant to apply for it on my behalf :p

But yeah registered my first .com.au yesterday :p loves it....

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Damn you. I had to wait 28 days for mine. And paid a nice fee for it since i got my accountant to apply for it on my behalf :p

But yeah registered my first .com.au yesterday :p loves it....

I think if you get someone to do it for you, it's manual acceptance. (Prevent proxy businesses etc.)

But I wish PayPal would tell me before my account got limited for them to check my information..

• amjamj Member

at https://www.evobilling.com/cart.php?gid=8
    next screen of pressing "Order Now" button shows NANO64 - NANO64DE 1.50 EUR Annually

• @amj Yes its a Bundle. you need to fill out the configuration for all 5 Products. so you can set different hostnames and operating systems etc.

Thanked by 1amj
  • amjamj Member

@AutoSnipe thx, I understand it and ordered a bundle.

• Interesting! Let say I want to order a second bundle. Will this new bundle assigned with a different external IP? Anyone experience with this?

• At current only if you have an early DE box. Otherwise on the current capacity of the servers they will have the same external ips.
    As one ip reaches the capacity the next will get assigned and continue creations under the new ip.

Hope this answes your question @fanta

• ah okay, thank you @AutoSnipe.

• Just setup openvpn on them all -- I'm pretty impressed with the speed for the price! Thanks for the post OP!

• @kendid said:
    Just setup openvpn on them all -- I'm pretty impressed with the speed for the price! Thanks for the post OP!

Anything to help LE* :P