Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean NYC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean NYC

Has anyone else been having high ping and packetloss to DigitalOcean NYC3?

For the last week, my ping has been leaping up to 60-100 from Toronto.

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Things seem to be working okay on my droplet currently, if anything I'm seeing a bit lower of a ping result (Normally ~75ms, currently around ~65ms).

• Just tested it. Ping to nyc3 is normal, 0% packet loss.

• Odd, must be my isp

• Yep it's normal from here too

• i saw in the digitalocean control panel in the last week that they're doing something to fix funky connections in their NYC location. dunno if related or if they've fixed it yet

• edited January 2015

All fixed.

Digitalocean support is awesome. Before, the traffic to/from was arriving through Verio/NTT, which was apparently causing some massive issues. They have since adjusted the routing so that traffic going out of the server goes over to Telia, which passes the traffic onto TATA. TATA seems to have better peering with Bell then Verio/NTT, and delivers the data without having high ping.

It appears bell.ca might have made some peering changes about a week or so ago. We've done some minor traffic routing changes and it appears to have helped. Please let us know if your seeing the same results.

• Can't be any worse than Vultr Sydney

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@StartledPhoenix NTT is like $2-3/meg so they are probably winning majorly out of that.

I was impressed when I got DigitalOcean to send some of our traffic over NTT where one of the Telia routes was absolutely horrible (NL -> L.A -> Chicago).