Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to protect my content?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to protect my content?

i am facing this problem for a long time . few other sites download content from my site and then host it. i tried watermark but it is of no benefit at all.
i have 1 application[pascal based] which let content download from my site easily.
Anyway to protect my content?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Remove the network cable.
    Only 100% certain solution.

If you still want it to be online you will have to find ways to make it harder like using member only, require logins.
    No direct entries to pages with content. If its downloadable content then go via a download page which only allows something like 5 downloads per day.

• content is pics and they can be easily downloadable . i ignored them and now they are taking everything from my site and put their watermark on it. i did contact them via fb-page and they blocked me. i have disabled right click but that is 1 short move .
    s/w access works in different way. i have hidden then main directory and so s/w went down but a month ago s/w was updated again and now my content is again in the hitlist

• Watermark your pics? Display your content to people with enabled Javascript only? Use Cloudflare?

• said: i have 1 application[pascal based] which let content download from my site easily.

Pascal? As in the programming language?

• behind cloudflare. didn't used watermark earlier but even after using it they still d/l content and post it hence it is not much of benefit. javascript gallery system not works s/w downloads everything and there 2-3 sites who steal content but 1 of them is quite nasty.

• rajin90 said:

content is pics and they can be easily downloadable . i ignored them and now they are taking everything from my site and put their watermark on it. i did contact them via fb-page and they blocked me. i have disabled right click but that is 1 short move . s/w access works in different way. i have hidden then main directory and so s/w went down but a month ago s/w was updated again and now my content is again in the hitlist

You can try a DMCA. If they are hosted in the US sending a DMCA to the abuse address of their host might work:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/838437/#Comment_838437

• Hey mate, PM me some information about the images etc. I've dealt with this sort of thing before and I've conquered them a few different ways you might be interested in.

• LeeLee Veteran

Pascal? As in Borland Pascal? No, surely not :P

•  sam-maximum sam-maximum Member
    edited January 2015

yeah s/w is in pascal @pm made to 0xdragon

• pascal? Really? :D I dont think something like cloudflare can help with it...If someone wants to grab ur content they will do it

• Sorry for being off-topic, but... Pascal! :-) I loved Pascal when I had to learn it in school, back in the late 80ies. Later on, Modula-II became my favorite... Gosh! The good old times!

• LeeLee Veteran

Pascal and Cobol were my starting languages, good memories.

• for a short period of time i was able to keep them at bay but well application(freely available at sourceforge) was later on edited and sites started to steal content again.

• You can go to dmca.com/signup/ and complete the form