Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a xen provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a xen provider

drmikedrmike Member
edited October 2011 in General

Greets:

Just to mention that I'm looking for a new Xen provider for sometime in December. Specifics:

• Xen (I detest overselling.)

• At least 256 memory as well as the same in swap

• 2 IPv4 addresses that do not appear on any block list.

• At least 100 gigs at least in month traffic transfer. (don't you dare call it bandwidth)

• At least 10-12 gigs of hard drive space.

• Permission to run a MUD as a service. (Call it an IRC server if you would like to.)

• Permission to run low level torrenting. (For reference, I don't trade current movies or music. Mostly old RPGs and the like.)

• Yearly payment. (This is coming out of the extra work i do during the holiday season.)

I know both the mud and the torrenting may be an issue for some. That's why I wanted to throw this out there.

Thanks,
-drmike

edit: And yes, I've been flipping through the offers.

reedit: Also no ev1/softlayer and no burstnet.

Comments

• NickkNickk Member
    edited October 2011

Disregard.

• Xen only or KVM an option too?

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

burstnet or burstnet d/c ? have xen in burstnet manchester and openvz in SOTA kent if your interested.

• So with 100GB bandwidth?

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

Just a friendly reminder that if you send me a PM, you may want to mention whom you're representing. Sigs don't come though and I have enough to remember than memorizing who's with who. Please remember that I don't read minds. :)

@daimonb No means No. :)

(I don't want to be in any way connected with either of those providers. A couple of folks suggested BurstNet as a provider when I mentioned that I was looking for a rack provider in Europe. Didn't even bother.)

KVM, I haven't used it. I lean towards Xen as that's what I'm used to and I've heard too many stories about overselling on the OpenVN platform. If you feel comfortable with offering KVM knowing how I feel, that's fine.

To the provider who PM'ed me with a "You have to sign up within 24 hours to get this offer" December means December. I won't have any excess money until then. Unless of course you want to comp me for that period of time and I'll just pay for 14 months then. (I'm not really asking for that. I'm paid until Dec. 7th I believe.)

To the other provider who asked, I'm looking at $115 for the offer above which includes the extra IP address. That's my renewal rate.

edit: Oh and thanks :)

• maxexcloomaxexcloo Member
    edited October 2011

KVM is pretty good in regards to overselling (as in, there seems to be very little, especially if it's a server from Tim). It's also fairly similar to Xen HVM so unless you need Xen PV a KVM server will suit you nicely :P
    EDIT: I would recommend Hostigation or BuyVM for a KVM server, GoWEB do EU based Xen PV servers but they don't allow IRC.

• maxexcloo said: EDIT: I would recommend Hostigation or BuyVM for a KVM server, GoWEB do EU based Xen PV servers but they don't allow IRC.

Tim allows it, but you need to ask him first or something like that.

• iKocka said: Tim allows it, but you need to ask him first or something like that.

I've already sent Mike an offer, I know he is not out there raging and attracting attacks

• alexalex Member
    edited October 2011

ask @KuJoe of securedragon.net, I have on of their boxes, the 256/256 Xen PV starts at $6.99, but sometimes you get better offer.
    their boxes are in Jacksonville, FL with GoRack

• @miTgiB

I know he is not out there raging and attracting attacks

It's funny that you should mention that as I was doing some adjustments in iptables and restarted it just to make sure I got things right yesterday. Something like 1500k blocked addresses in there already.

Of course there are those million or so blocks we do at our firewalls on our racks each day.....