Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows? Did you say you want Windows? Yes, we have it too!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows? Did you say you want Windows? Yes, we have it too!

prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
edited July 2012 in Offers

Prometeus.com, since 1997 is focused solely on high-quality, high-reliability web services and professional consulting. Our network and servers are tuned specifically for maximum performance, and our policies ensure that we remain as efficient as possible.

We are located in Milan, Italy and have 5 racks colocated in the largest campus/internet exchange of Italy. We are LIR (RIPE NCC member) and do BGP with our Autonomous System Number (AS34971) and a total bandwidth capacity of 10Gb.

Since the first days we launched the KVM virtualization we received a lot of requests about ready to go Windows VPS, so in the last weeks we worked hard to give our clients tuned, updated and ready to use Windows VPS.

The VPS presented here is not part of our regular Biz offer, but a special for LET users, no code discount is required.

Features
Control Panel: Proxmox
Virtualization: KVM (Optimized install with paravirtualized drivers for disk and network)
Storage type: RAID SAS2 10K
Type: Unmanaged
Provisioning: manual in 24H or less, after the payment is completed

Plan: WIN-LET
CPU: 1 Core
RAM: 512MB
Hard Disk: 16GB
IP addresses: 1 (IPv6 on request)
Dedicated internet bandwidth: 500 GB
Price: €16.80 | $21.00 / every 3 months (quarterly)

The order form will allow you to add more cpu, ram, disk and bandwidth and the server will be custom built to follow your needs. In particular, if you need more disk space is better to order now then later :)

Direct order link

For all other products shop here

A few words about the hardware used for the nodes
Nodes are blades of the new SuperMicro Twin 2027TR-H71RF with two E5-2620 and 64GB of RAM. Storage is powered by a LSI RAID controller SAS2 and 6 x 600GB 10K 6G/s disks.

processor   : 23
vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
cpu family  : 6
model       : 45
model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
stepping    : 7
cpu MHz     : 1999.907
cache size  : 15360 KB
physical id : 1
siblings    : 12
core id     : 5
cpu cores   : 6
apicid      : 43
initial apicid  : 43
fpu     : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp      : yes
flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt aes xsave avx lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips    : 4000.04
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

The only accepted payment method is Paypal. VAT 21% is added if you are an EU citizen/company without a valid VAT ID.

Servers are located in Italy, Milan.

*** Download test can be run with the following urls ***

http://mirrors.prometeus.net/test/test10.bin
http://mirrors.prometeus.net/test/test100.bin
http://iperweb.net/test/test10.bin
http://iperweb.net/test/test100.bin

Test IPv4: 194.14.179.254 or 195.88.4.7
Test IPv6: 2a00:dcc0:eda:89::254:1

This should be all. If you need more info ask, PM, or open a ticket.

Thanks

S.

Comments

• TaylorTaylor Member

No 90 percent off? ):

JK, nice to see that your offering windows.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Another traitor which sold his soul to Bill...
    Joking :P
    I never had a windows VPS :) How do you test these for disk speed ? Any standard LET tool ?
    M

• azizmbazizmb Member

Don't have much use for it yet, but good to see such an awesome provider now offering Windows.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2012

@Maounique I imagine you can run cygwin and dd. No idea if it supports the right options.

Thanked by 2Maounique tux

I understand, but maybe you ppl have something standard ? I checked a bit around, didnt find many windows offers on let/leb.
    M

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I'm thinking about distributing a dd binary (with a nice gui frontend) for windows which when run inside our network will show 7-800MB/s else 30-35MB/s....
    :P

Well, be careful not to tweak it too much, if you put 2x, nobody will believe 1 GB/s
    Put just 1.5 :)
    M

• Umm @prometeus you are officially insane.

@TheHackBox said: Umm @prometeus you are officially insane.

Did you talk with my wiife lately ? :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I was just thinking last night if prometeus will be offering offers for the Olympic season. Congrats for the Windows offers!

@jcaleb said: I was just thinking last night if prometeus will be offering offers for the Olympic season. Congrats for the Windows offers!

Thanks! Indeed it was a marathon :)

• edited July 2012

Hm.. Want to try this, but seems like I can't pay 3 months.
    I mean, I don't have the funds :p

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I mean, I don't have the funds :p

if you really, really, really, need one for your addition, contact me via pm...

Did I say if you really, really, really, need one?

:)

• edited July 2012

Hehe.... (I'm blushing). I can pay for one month, because some of budget for buying vps is already being used for paying another bill :D

• Ok, ordered one. I will give it a try :)

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Ok, ordered one. I will give it a try :)

Thank you :)

• Thank you Sir :)

• edited July 2012

A WOW :O

• Could i use my own Windows license? (WIndows 2008 R2 Standard)

edited August 2012

@DanielM said: Could i use my own Windows license? (WIndows 2008 R2 Standard)

Do you need some specific standard feature? We choose to use the Web edition because it's fit better with the LOW specs. From a licensing point of view the whole nodes are covered by the spla datacenter license so we can use any 2008 license...

• @prometeus said: Do you need some specific standard feature? We choose to use the Web edition because it's fit better with the LOW specs. From a licensing point of view the whole nodes are covered by the spla datacenter license so we can use any 2008 license...

Yeh PPTP/SSTP VPN.

There is a way around it i guess but not too easy :(

@DanielM said: Yeh PPTP/SSTP VPN.

There is a way around it i guess but not too easy :(

I think you can use dsim to escalate version (if you have a volume license), else we take care of it on our side :)

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • Way late on this. But how much RAM does the Web Server 2008 OS use on the VM? I have been told it is around 300MB but not entirely sure....

@shunny said: Way late on this. But how much RAM does the Web Server 2008 OS use on the VM? I have been told it is around 300MB but not entirely sure....

I hope @ErawanArifNugroho can share his experience.... :P

You know 512MB are not so much for windows but but our internal tests showed that the system is usable .

• Since the first time I've tried Windows PS from many Hosts, I only can say :

"Prometeus is always the best. Some host give Windows with 100mbps, but with Prometeus I could reach 300mbps."

With 512mb memory, I can run many program at same time. And some of them would give high load to the cpu. But none of them affecting my vps. And not being suspended, even updating the vps it self :p

Most important of all, no lag! Altought the server located in Italy, and I'm in Indonesia, I always have great access to it.

Thanked by 1prometeus

@ErawanArifNugroho said: With 512mb memory, I can run many program at same time.

Thank you for sharing!

:)

• @prometeus @ErawanArifNugroho thanks for the info! :)