Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add text to a video as Watermark
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Add text to a video as Watermark

KilwaKilwa Member
edited October 2011 in Help

Hello,

Some people are stealing my videos and uploading them to Youtube and facebook. I encode those videos on my VPS using ffmpeg and it take a lot of time to make them available.

So I want to add a text watermak, how can i do that? I would like to have a watermark at the beginning of the video, for the first 5 secs only "Brought to you by..."

Thanks !

Comments

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited October 2011

I would ask google. However, if the videos are ones you made yourself - I would just add the watermark in the editor. If they are videos from other sites, then why are you watermarking other peoples videos?

• that's an intro, not a watermark.

Thanked by 2Infinity drmike
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

As Xeoncross said, just do it with the video editor. I would use Camtasia Studio or AfterFX although AfterFX is a little overkill to add a simple intro.

• Gary chanted "that's an intro, not a watermark."

...and easily removed. I'd go with the watermark throughout the video in one of the corners or in a low tone over the image.

• Indeed. Easy to do in windows using virtualdub, but doable on the command line using ffmpeg.

• Easy to do in windows using virtualdub, but doable on the command line using ffmpeg.

@Gary Which? Remove the intro or stick in the watermark through out?

• VirtualDub can do the watermark throughout with its built-in "logo" filters. Obviously, the video will be recompressed to add the watermark so make sure you have a good source.

• Hell, any video editor works. Windows Live Movie Maker, iMovie etc. Just gotta tweak the text sizes and duration.

• @ drmike - both :)

• Look at ffmpeg or mencoder options, if I'm not wrong I've used one of these to do it.