Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is using BackupPC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is using BackupPC

Hello,

Just wanted to know who is here using BackupPC as their backup tool. Are you using Version 3.3 or Version 4?? (Any bug/issues or improvements with new version?) Any feedback ??

Also any other recommendations for backup tools that come with GUI. (Other than R1soft)

Thanks

Comments

• I am using it for a long time talking about the stable version ,using Ubuntu easy setup. No problems at all, only at the first the client needs some setup like sudo rights etc.

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited December 2014

I'm using it from about a year ago only for backup linux servers , once you setup the sudo rights and limit the cpu load your ok.
    Rarely when you do a recovery it tend to block itself.
    Version 3.3.

• UmairUmair Member
    edited December 2014

I have setup v 3.3 to backup few linux vps. It's working fine for now. (Still need to sort a few configs)

Anyone using Bacula?? How is that compare to BackupPC ?

• Been using it for some time now and been working great, Using v3.3 and working fine.

• Hi all,

Anyone using the BackupPC v4? If yes is it stable and able to be a reliable backup solution for linux servers? Or it's still "very beta" and it's best to go with the v3 version?

The latest version is v4.1.1 released on March 29th, 2017.

• I previously ran BackupPC v3 for several years on about 15-20 VPS and workstations. It was rock-solid for the feature set it provided, and was a lifesaver on multiple occasions. Perl was a bit of a mixed blessing; slow but handy to be able to write some glue scripts. I moved away from BackupPC way before version 4, though. Flakiness on Windows with VSS was the deal-breaker for me. Glad to hear it's still being developed.

Thanked by 1i37