Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whCP using original packages
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

whCP using original packages

Hello,
I'm looking for a webhosting control panel (personal use) which uses the packages originally delivered by the OS (unlike cPanel who uses own packages). I mean the packages you get with "sum install httpd" or "apt-get install apache2".
Is there one out? It should support IPv6.

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my maybe stupid question.

Comments

• Webmin/Virtualmin?

Webmin will install things using apt-get

• Ok, but it doesn't look really nice regarding the design..
    However, would you recommend using original packages or are the other ok too? I'm considering using webuzo.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited December 2014

Not sure whether vestacp or virtualmin..
    Which would you recommend considering security?

• @webcraft said:
    Not sure whether vestacp or virtualmin..
    Which would you recommend considering security?

No idea, but this theme for Webmin is really nice. It should work on Usermin too

http://theme.winfuture.it/

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited December 2014

Ispconfig is using os packages and is some of most secured free panels... Developers take care... and it is German engineering inside...

PS I got another favorite for security centos-webpanel got it all what shared hosting panel need to have to compete with cpanel and have some speed and security ... hope they make an api so billing systems can be used

• Noted, thanks for this! I'm going to use it.

• @coolice said:
    Ispconfig is using os packages and is some of most secured free panels... Developers take care... and it is German engineering inside...

Ohh German engineering insides sounds good. I'm German and gonna use it for some German sides too. Thanks. :)