Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 1 TB storage service.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 1 TB storage service.

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited December 2014 in Requests

Hi. Interested in something like Dropbox. No VPS or Dedi offers please.

Comments

• Why not Dropbox, what features do you want?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Silvenga said:
    Why not Dropbox, what features do you want?

I fail to understand the pricing of Dropbox.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

Onedrive. If you go for the 1TB you get full office included as well.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

I can do 1TB (RAID 50) multiple node replicated and with snapshots for $25/mth.

• @0xdragon what software?

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited December 2014

You could use mega.co.nz The free account gives 50gb space but really you can upload over your space limit since I already uploaded 700gb on my free account :)

• https://hubic.com/en/offers/ a little OTT, but 10tb for 10 euros a month.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

@NickO said:
    0xdragon what software?

OwnCloud, but I can install other ones if requested.

• Didn't realise this but MediaFire is extremely cheap, just $2.5 /mo for 1TB: https://www.mediafire.com/upgrade/

• I have a 1TB subscription with OneDrive, but I only use it for Office365.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    I fail to understand the pricing of Dropbox.

Dropbox Pro is €9.99/month for 1TB then there is the Dropbox business packages which are charged per user.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Does mediafire renew at 2.50?

• onedrive is unlimited storage on your office365 plans (from as little as $5/month including 50gb exchange account and 10gb sharepoint.

• @seaeagle said:
    onedrive is unlimited storage on your office365 plans (from as little as $5/month including 50gb exchange account and 10gb sharepoint.

What? Where?!

• all plans will get it over the next few months but of you want it now you can sign up here: https://preview.onedrive.com/

• @seaeagle said:
    all plans will get it over the next few months but of you want it now you can sign up here: https://preview.onedrive.com/

I wonder if I could actually trust microsoft to honour an "unlimited" type offer. Google drive does it for like 50USD on their business plan, and I feel like google probably would hold to their word of unlimited, but MS? Not really sure, I may have to try though.

• @Setsura - cos like MS has stiffed you so many times before?
    the vast, vast majority of users will never even get close to 1tb of usage - however even that price is a steal.
    office 365 is the fastest selling microsoft product in history. in another couple of years the vast majority of businesses will be using it...

• @0xdragon said:
    What? Where?!

You can pick up vouchers on ebay or amazon which will be cheaper than subscribing direct. I paid about £52 for a year of the family version (5 accounts). Personal, for one account, is obviously less.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @Setsura said:
    I wonder if I could actually trust microsoft to honour an "unlimited" type offer. Google drive does it for like 50USD on their business plan, and I feel like google probably would hold to their word of unlimited, but MS? Not really sure, I may have to try though.

I work for a school that uses Google Apps and they recently upgraded us to unlimited storage. So not only is every account free, you can store whatever you want on it. Awesome

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Does mediafire renew at 2.50?

Yes. I emailed them before signing up. It's lifetime as long as subscription is active.

• @joereid schools and charities get the same deal from microsoft - totally free office 365.

• Wow Mediafire is cheap.

• how do you use mediafire or dropbox for your backups ?
    they are not allow ftp ..