Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many vps create from dedicated server of Kimsufi?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how many vps create from dedicated server of Kimsufi?

mduongmduong Member
edited December 2014 in Help

Hello everyone, I have a question about Dedicated server Kimsufi: how many vps create from dedicated server of Kimsufi with KS-4: Core™ i5-2300 ?
thank.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

About zero, because you can't buy additional IPs on Kimsufi, and even on IPv6, while more than one IP can be used, it's strictly "unofficial".

• mduongmduong Member
    edited December 2014

@rm_ said:
    About zero, because you can't buy additional IPs on Kimsufi, and even on IPv6, while more than one IP can be used, it's strictly "unofficial".

thanks, Do you have where sell dedicated server cheap?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited December 2014

@mduong said:
    thanks, Do you have where sell dedicated server cheap?

Check Wholesale Internet. They'll be right up your street, I am not sure on IP allocation though, I know they default 5 per server.

edit: Not sure if the coupon still works but use halfoff

to get your server (the cheapest one) for $12.50/mo...

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @MSPNick said:
    I know they default 5 per server...

this mean I create 5 vps on this dedicated?

• You shouldn't selling vps if you not even know the basics

• @mduong said:
    this mean I create 5 vps on this dedicated?

You'll need to look at the hardware

• mduongmduong Member
    edited December 2014

@sepei said:
    You shouldn't selling vps if you not even know the basics

I not selling vps. I'm learning about virtualization technology. Do you tutorial this mean?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2014

Kimsufi and NAT or even your home PC would work well, no need to waste IP's.

Thanked by 2ucxo Maounique
  • linuxthefish said: Kimsufi and NAT or even your home PC would work well, no need to waste IP's.

+1.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Kimsufi and NAT or even your home PC would work well, no need to waste IP's.

+2

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2014

linuxthefish said: Kimsufi and NAT or even your home PC would work well, no need to waste IP's.

TheKiller said: +1.

sepei said: +2

Thankie button would work well, no need to waste posts :D

• @rm_ said:
    Thankie button would work well, no need to waste posts :D

+1 :P

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @sepei said:
    You shouldn't selling vps if you not even know the basics

It's always good to encourage people to learn new technologies or old. I say give it a go, what can go wrong? His not wasting "IP'S" of he cant get the technology to do it?

OP: Use OpenVZ as it's easier to understand and use then KVM where you must manually configure the network.

Go here;

http://openvz.org/Quick_installation

You'll pick it up quite easily. but make sure you read what commands you are running.

Merry Christmas by the way OP and others :-)

• @MSPNick said:
    to get your server (the cheapest one) for $12.50/mo...

sadly first month only :( any recurring coupons you know of?

• @Falzo said:

Sorry. That's the only one that I know of.

But it is a good coupon to use to test their network out.

They do take the 2 days they state so be warey that you will not get access until them two days are up.

They also reject a lot of orders too

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I can help you with setting up vps's on your kimsufi dedi....I have already done that on my two i3 dedi's and if you need ip's and a cheap dedicated server give @MarkTurner a pm and I have tagged @MarkTurner in this post so he can respond and get you a server for what you need. as I have the x5150 mark turner was advertising and I love it.
    So either pm me and I will help you out and plus there is an tutorial on here that helped me setup vm's or vps's....here is the link: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21980/a-quick-guide-for-setting-up-windows-on-the-new-kimsufi-range I have setup a couple of vm's or vps's on my two i3 dedi's from kimsufi. so just pm me and I will help you or better just follow the tutorial above and it will help you or if you need extra help besides what the tutorial gives you pm me and I will help you further. and if you want it to be easy just get the x5150 like I got from @MarkTurner and get a /28 subnet so you have 16 usable ip's for vm's or vps's plus you get free virtualizor and blesta billing and interworx so you can use all that to your advantage as if I was going to setup my own vps hosting service I would have already used all of those free software to do it with(as blesta is like whmcs for billing, virtualizor is the panel for you and your clients like solusvm and interworx is free for you to offer to all of your clients and well you too it is like cpanel and easy to manage.) so that is what I would do if I was starting a vps service, I might want to do that soon too as I already got the free software to do it with from @MarkTurner and delimiter.

• @mduong said:
    Hello everyone, I have a question about Dedicated server Kimsufi: how many vps create from dedicated server of Kimsufi with KS-4: Core™ i5-2300 ?
    thank.

Always check the hardware, whether it supports virtualization.

MSPNick said: Check Wholesale Internet. They'll be right up your street, I am not sure on IP allocation though, I know they default 5 per server.

Probably they assign IPs on CIDR notation basis if you need more.