Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for France Provider...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for France Provider...

eastoncheastonch Member
edited July 2012 in General

Hey there, I'm currently looking to expand my little cluster of servers I have running, (LEB's) to the EU, I currently have the Italy one from Prometeus but I'm looking for something from OVH, however, I'm looking to pay around ~$1/month for something with around 6GB space, 32MB+ ram and 100-200GB Bandwidth.

Anybody know of a provider that can match this? There's nothing in immediate view on LEB (except http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/minivps-10year-128mb-openvz-vps-in-france-2/ which is OOS)!

Thanks in advance!
Chris.

Comments

• PhilNDPhilND Member

I would suggest you wait a little so the summer hosts have chance to buy their OVH boxes ;)

• @PhilND said: I would suggest you wait a little so the summer hosts have chance to buy their OVH boxes ;)

And then wait for them to suddenly disappear.

• Had the same thing happen with HostBix @HalfeatenPie

• @eastonch said: pay around ~$1/month for something with around 6GB space, 32MB+ ram and 100-200GB Bandwidth.

not gonna happen. Cheapest you will is probably 2€/month.

• Getting the same deal with IPXCore to be fair :'] I'll find that deal somewhere. @gsrdgrdghd

• @eastonch: talk to Prometeus or EDIS.

• Promteus only does Italy right? I have that one :']!

• yomeroyomero Member

The only one that I can remember lasting a lot is minivps.co.uk
    Even I want one :P

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • :P I have a Kimsufi... i just hate it. OVH's little custom Debian kernal is such a pisstake, minstall won't work, and I hate going against my little "SYSTEM" of all my servers.

I was initially using the Kimsufi for a Deluge Torrent client system (simple! add a repo, shout apt-get install deluged deluge deluge-webui -- DONE!)

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited July 2012

oh, please get your self an ice cream instead $1 is too little :)

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member

@Randy For $1 you can only get a low end ice cream :)

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie Amfy
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@eastonch said: i just hate it. OVH's little custom Debian kernal

Why use it? I used their kernel maybe for the first couple of days, then installed my own kernel no problems whatsoever.

• Any guides on that @rm_?

Also, don't bitch. I've picked up multiple "small-ass" servers over the last month or so from providers, and with how cheap OVH are, (the IP's are a little on the expensive side) I would hopefully find some "similar" provider. It's not mission critical.

• bobbybobby Member

Did you check this http://goo.gl/PVFnF ?

• bobbybobby Member
    edited July 2012

Indeed. You will regret not going with EDIS instead of random-OVH-provider. I would get EDIS regardless of their last offer is still valid or not.

• Hmm, I'll look into them :']!

• NevilNevil Member

You are looking for a provider in France.

Well, I know some wont like OVH but try: http://www.thakimhost.com

• I don't mind OVH for the usage it'd be getting. But they're a little out of my expected price range to be honest.