Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare Railgun,worth it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare Railgun,worth it?

Hey everybody

Do you have any experience with railgun? Does it make any difference with dynamic websites? I try to keep away from cloudflare regarding many problems in the past.I have a shared hosting account with free railgun,shall I switch website over railgun?

Comments

• In my personal experience, there is no different when I enable/disable this feature.

Maybe others will have different experience though.

• From what I gather about railgun, railgun provides optimisations across one user session to a particular page, and not on the first page visit. That said, only if the user is constantly refreshing a single page with dynamic content would they see byte sized improvements. Railgun would reduce the loading size of my blog by less than 0.4 KB (out of a total size of 272KB).

Railgun sounds great until you realize that CF really dramatized what they are doing. For example, they say they create a persistent TCP connection to the CF servers - they really are using a keepalive HTTP connection over TCP (something that most servers use by default anyway).

IMHO railgun will not improve most websites.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • You can get railgun free if you sign up to be their hosting partner. I have one, If you want to share

• I have Video from last meeting from cloudflare just sound is not great but it explains few things