Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM about to sink to the bottom of the ocean?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM about to sink to the bottom of the ocean?

I've been a BlueVM customer for a while now and up to the mid-November I was quite satisfied. Sure, they're no Prometeus or Linode, but I wasn't paying them to be that either.

Ever since their Switzerland node went down (for reasons still unknown), I've had a bad feeling about them. Initially I got responses to my support ticket, but they stopped well over a week ago. I've been trying to get in touch with Justin for a while now, mainly via Skype (where he remains "Online" as usual) but I'm not getting a response.

Here's a copy of the last two replies I made in my ticket I have with them about my Switzerland node (which I created after a week of downtime):

After doing a search online, I found that the LLC (BlueVM Communications LLC) is "Delinquent": http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityDetail.do?quitButtonDestination=BusinessEntityResults&nameTyp=ENT&entityId2=20121292591&srchTyp=ENTITY&fileId=20121292591&masterFileId=20121292591. While I don't know all the details, something tells me this is not good.

Now, the interesting thing is, somebody is doing something, as the expired SSL certificate got renewed on December 19th.

Does anybody else have the same experience I have? Has somebody else been able to get in touch with them? Does anybody have a working Switzerland node again?

Comments

• My VPS at Zurich is also down since month and they do not reply to ticket properly.

• bf1bf1 Member
    edited December 2014

For Zurich maybe try to get in touch with PrivateLayer which is their provider there but if anyone remembers CHVPS they know how PrivateLayer handles business...

• They're dead.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @bf1 said:
    For Zurich maybe try to get in touch with PrivateLayer which is their provider there but if anyone remembers CHVPS they know how PrivateLayer handles business...

Tried that, but they can't comment on clients due to privacy laws.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited December 2014

And such spells the end.

Also, my VPS in LA is down.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

If they were a total goner why bother renewing SSL?

• @0xdragon said:
    They're dead.

Just going to be dead I think.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
  • @MikHo

Dear god, I had completely forgotten about that video! I recall this being incredibly popular in my early days on the net, my teen years IIRC. What a flashback.

Also, sucks about BlueVM. Seen several posts about people shutting their doors lately, makes me second guess who I'd trust with my data. DO/Linode might be slightly more but also have longevity...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@im_jmz said:
    MikHo

Dear god, I had completely forgotten about that video! I recall this being incredibly popular in my early days on the net, my teen years IIRC. What a flashback.

Listened to a remix yesterday so it was fresh in my mind. :)

• They are long dead to me. They disappointed me several times.

Thanked by 2netomx geekalot
  • They are the second place on my personal SCAM/BS host list (directly after GVH)

• Just out of curiosity, what is true about this:

Zurich, Switzerland
    11/19/2014
    All Zurich nodes are back up except S3-ZU. S3-ZU is waiting on RAM replacement. We have no ETA, due to international shipping.

• My Atlanta VM has a uptime of 1month+

• root@sloth:~# uptime
    07:22:39 up 35 days, 18:55, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.04
    root@sloth:~#

• M66B said: Zurich, Switzerland 11/19/2014 All Zurich nodes are back up except S3-ZU. S3-ZU is waiting on RAM replacement. We have no ETA, due to international shipping.

I'm on S2-ZU and my server is still down.

• I don't even used their services again since several month ago, sure they never reply my ticket. Ahh, they reply my ticket once, beside that, never.

• My ATL VPS with them is still up, but using the outdated openvz kernel.

• I had service with them sometime ago when @Ishaq was working for them, nice chap and always seemed to get things sorted quickly. I did then start getting countless issues with the service which resulted me in me selling my VPS and cancelling sharedhosting.

Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • Interesting fact, they have emptied all stock for all VPS offers except two in the Black Friday offers

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

My VPS (OpenVZ) in Switzerland is up since 14:13 GMT +1. It was down for more than 35 days.

• I vote that they are dead.

• Confirmed. The support is dead. BlueVM is dead soon. Save your data fast.

• I left them this August as I no longer required their $3/quarter 256MB VPS. The same time my friend got their yearly plan VPS $40. And now his 2 or more VPS (IDK) are all down more than a month. Why no one tagged them here?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Chargeback time.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Periodic report month: May

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@krs360 said:
    I had service with them sometime ago when Ishaq was working for them, nice chap and always seemed to get things sorted quickly. I did then start getting countless issues with the service which resulted me in me selling my VPS and cancelling sharedhosting.

True that. He got things done. I've never had anything bad to say about the guys from BlueVM, but the only service I really enjoyed from them was their semi dedicated server for a few months. VPS always showed too many signs of excessive overselling.

Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • My KVM2 @10/yr is still online. Location LA. Just saying...

• I see some nodes are online and some are not, so it's like @mpkossen said BlueVM is sinking, and there are two options it will go under or it will recover, if they renewed their ssl and are trying to bring at least some nodes online it means they want to come back, I was tempted to buy one of those Zurich containers but they were always out of stock, just my luck I guess.