Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

confused.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

confused.com

daimonbdaimonb Member
edited October 2011 in General

why is it when i reply to questions on my lowendbox ad it says it is awaiting moderation, others seem to be posting replies ok, am i doing something wrong.

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

:O really? Try clearning cookies and ya cache.

[sarcasm]Should've gone to comparethemeerkat.com instead of confused.com.[/sarcasm]

• lol

@infinity tried buddy this is what i see

4 Comments

Tom:

1x IPv6 + 10x IPv6 = 11 IPv6 :)

October 14, 2011 @ 1:42 pm | Reply

innya:

Must be typo 1x IPV4+ 10x IPv6

October 14, 2011 @ 3:06 pm | Reply

Mr.z:

:) 11IPv6

October 14, 2011 @ 3:32 pm | Reply

Laurence:

Any test IP?

October 14, 2011 @ 4:32 pm | Reply

daimonb:

test ip :217.114.63.16

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

October 14, 2011 @ 4:39 pm | Reply

• If you reply with different name or different email (different from your previous comments) it needs to be accepted by the moderator (LEA). Once the name/email/IP combination is accepted the next comments will not need moderation.

• innyainnya Member
    edited October 2011

i posted for you and it worked. Somebody doesn't like u..... (o_o)

J/k

• @innya thankyou.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

@innya lol can you reply to that last comment on lowendbox for me or if anybody could do it i would be grateful.

" that the node to which the xen plans are on is colocated with quality servers."

• innyainnya Member
    edited October 2011

you owe me big time :)

j/k

• cheers buddy :)

its the dynamic ip on my broadband means i need "moderating" again lmao

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

Checked SpamHaus for your IP? What ISP are you on, don't you dare say TalkTalk xD

• It doesn't use your IP.

I have a dynamic IP that changes about once a day, I've had no issues. So it obviously doesn't do it based on IPs.

It actually does it on your name + email + website combo, so don't change these and your be ok, as Dr Nick Says.

• LEA has stated a couple of times now that he's using Akismet. Matt has gone on record a few times stating that they don't track IP address with Akismet although I would be very surprised if it really doesn't.

On ours we do. Heck, I'll even block for 4 hours if it gets too bad.

• @drmike, what type of blocking algorithm are you basing your spam on? Are you talking about a white/black list or DNSBL? Or are you using a bayesian filter or similar?

• 'x' number of positives during a certain time period. (I know we have spammers here so excuse me for not giving specifics.) We're running a modified Spam Assassin setup on a pair of servers. Handles blog, forum, wiki, user signup and email spam. A script tacked onto SA passes along a XML ping (for lack of a better term) to a port on the routers and the software firewalls make their adjustments.

We have perm blocks of individual address as well as ranges but those are just defined at the routers and they never hit SA.

Clients can of course mark stuff as spam and that gets sent to SA's learning mechanism. SA does it's defined checks:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_0_x.html

I'm sure Akismet works about the same.

We have some white listing of course. The library IP address that I'm on, the 8 class C's that we have, etc. but not much more.

Thanked by 1Xeoncross
  • What @rds100 said was correct. If the comments from the combination of name/email/website were never approved before, it would be in the moderation queue. Nothing to do with Akismet.

• Are you not running that plugin we talked about previously? (Being vague on purpose.)

• @drmike -- no I actually removed it, as I need to manually moderate all new commenters. New trolls usually start with a new email address...

• I am an old troll n_n

• Better than being an old stick in the mud I guess.