Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does Inception take to respond to tickets? Or am I just persona non-grata?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long does Inception take to respond to tickets? Or am I just persona non-grata?

nutjobnutjob Member
edited December 2014 in Providers

I had the misfortune of having one of my Inception VPSes hacked and used for a DOS. Inception suspended my service and I raised a ticket but I've had no response in 24 hours.

Is this just how long they take to respond or have they just deemed me as guilty of DOSing?

I'm wondering because my invoice is due and I'm obviously not going pay it if they won't be resurrecting my server.

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Personally I think a response within 48 hours is decent. 72 hours is getting to the 'meh' point.

• I've been getting 24h or less from other providers, and Inception is well regarded, but maybe I've just been lucky.

• Personally I think a response within 24 hours is necessary. Anything else is just too long in important cases.

• If it's a literal 24 hours from the time you posted here, the implication is that your raised the ticket at about 8pm UK time yesterday; I'm not sure what hours Anthony keeps, but I can imagine he deals with the urgent stuff at the weekends and non-urgent issues will be picked up on Monday.

I don't want to put words in Ant's mouth, but if your VPS got compromised, it's ultimately your fault for not securing it well enough, and that doesn't usually constitute an emergency for your provider, even though it may be one for you. I had a VPS compromised with Prometeus and replies were incredibly infrequent on that subject, compared to a matter of hours previously.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for the slow reply, based on the content of your ticket I assumed it was not at all urgent.

I have replied now, I know it was not you and you obviously just got hacked but you gave the impression it was not in use nor would it be any time soon hence the late reply.

Ant.

• Why do people try to swear the reputation of a good provider with sillyness. Really Anthony's service is top notch in my book been a customer on and off for a yr now. Just maybe a little patience is needed.

• bf1bf1 Member
    edited December 2014

the guy is obviously a "nutjob". seriously inception is one of the best providers here, also the lowendspirit project and that donation thread showed that they are also very ethical and not all about the money.

@aggressivenetworks said:
    Why do people try to swear the reputation of a good provider with sillyness. Really Anthony's service is top notch in my book been a customer on and off for a yr now. Just maybe a little patience is needed.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks