Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• its jake, from tampa, doing M.s and lives with my pets.

• Hi, Joe from QuadHost here! Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Will get some LET unique offers lined up soon ;)

• Hello,

I hope everyone doing good! We are glad to join this community, with like minded. People who are really believe, they are nerds :) As you know information security is biggest concerns to everyone. So, We are here contribute this community to suggestions on Cpanel Security, Kernel Security, Windows, Application security, and etc. I hope it will be good hanging with LET. I hope i'm posting in correct section.

• @DeanKamitsis said:
    Welcome SecureLayer7 :)

Thank you Sir!

• DeanDean Member
    edited September 2015

Ps you need to check out the rules regarding signatures. @SecureLayer7

Thanked by 1SecureLayer7
  • @DeanKamitsis said:
    Ps you need to check out the rules regarding signatures. SecureLayer7

Okay reading about it.

Thanked by 1Dean
  • Hey,
    My name is Julie, I'm currently in New York and I love coffee and good movies :)
    Nice to meet you all!

• DAC said: Hey, My name is Julie, I'm currently in New York and I love coffee and good movies :) Nice to meet you all!

Hi Julie. Welcome to LET!

• Hi,

We forgot made our introduction but at least we're doing right now, hope stay here and share ideas with the community.

• @host4Run said:
    Hi,

We forgot made our introduction but at least we're doing right now, hope stay here and share ideas with the community.

¡Hola!

Bienvenidos a LET.

• @Traffic said:
    Bienvenidos a LET.

In French: Bienvenue a chez LET. Ici, on à des idiotes si stupides qu'ils ont des cerveaux plus petites que les poissons. C'est pourquoi les poissons sont plus intelligentes. (again, Google Translate won't translate what I said directly back properly, so kudos to Google for that?)

Thanked by 2Traffic singsing
  • doghouch said: In French: Bienvenue a chez LET. Ici, on à des idiotes si stupides qu'ils ont des cerveaux plus petites que les poissons. C'est pourquoi les poissons sont plus intelligentes. (again, Google Translate won't translate what I said directly back properly, so kudos to Google for that?)

Now that's a useful welcome indeed. I'm sure our new French members will appreciate the warning :)

• Hi everyone, I've just realised that I don't think I ever actually did an introduction and so a lot of you don't know me.

I've been on LET since March 2012. I'm a bit of an IT geek (have been all my life), and whilst I don't always post techie stuff, I'm pretty much always sat in front of some electronic device (computer, laptop, tablet, phone, camera etc). Host a few websites for friends and clients, maintain client networks and also their websites.

I'm deaf, I use British Sign Language and I can also talk.
    I'm gay and passionate about equality for all. I will stand up for the rights of anyone. Equal should mean equal. As soon as you want "more than" then you aren't aiming for equality.

And that is me :)

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Hi everybody

we are Aruba spa, Italian cloud and hosting provider, with 20 years experience in the industry and a strong network of data centers in Italy, Czech Republic, France, United Kingdom and Germany. Our interests include vps, vmware, hyper-v, cloud computing, object storage, backup, disaster recovery, dotcloud and much more..

We are very glad to join LET and pleased to contribute the community!

• ArubaCloud said: We are very glad to join LET and pleased to contribute the community!

Hello and welcome to LET! :)

• Hi, I'm max and a big fan of the whole minimum-server idea. After one year I decided to officially register my nickname :D

• Hey guys, After lurking in the LET forums for a little while I've finally made an introduction, I hope to meet some new people in this community and share some ramblings along the way :)

• Hey there, this is Miguel from El Salvador, I like to help people if it is on my possibilities, nice to meet you people!

• I'm Ron.Wang, currently living in CHINA, Hong Kong and Shenzhen :)

I wish you happy every day, because life is short and fragile

If I could live on VPS so I have one hundred home--- lol

• Hi miguel, bienvendos

Hi Ron Wang huānyíng guānglín

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Hello everyone . I am Riyad from Bangladesh. Nice to meet with you all :)

• Hello Everyone i'm Joshua from Medan Indonesia

Glad to be here, and interest with low end products

• Hello everybody! I'm Thomas from Canada.
    It's nice to meet you all!

• host4Runhost4Run Member
    edited October 2015

Bienvenido Miguel.

Welcome to every new member.

• hi all,i'm rongdede,come from china,nice to meet you.i like game ,coffice and tee.hahaha

• Rock'n'Roll~

• Wow what a long thread. I'm sure all this will be lost but whatever, it's a copy-paste from an actual intro thread I made and was admonished for doing so... yeah. Anyway.

Hi everyone, I'm Iskandar but you can call me Izzy 'coz that's easier.

I've been working in the hosting industry for 5+ years now, 2 years with a company called ds.my (that's also their domain name) and it stands for either the parent company Dragon Solutions Sdn Bhd or it's subsidiary which I worked at called Dedicated Server Enteprise (the parent is an LLC and the subsidiary is an enterprise)

Then I started doing web design and after I left I hosted my clients' sites on one VPS after another until I now have a pretty decent client base and a solid VPS.

Now I say I work in the hosting industry because I do host my web design clients' sites on my own KVM VPS and it had been that way since about 8 months after I left. I registered my company Cirrus Byte about 3 weeks after I left, and I started out with a handful of clients on a shared cPanel account. Then I moved from one OpenVZ VPS with a cPanel license to another for a couple of months before deciding on going KVM only for the cPanel server. Around this time a cloud providers popped up and I subscribed to one after considering my options and moved all my infrastructure to one chosen provider. They closed down after a year and I moved to another cloud provider. They too, closed after a year. I'm now on cloud providers that I know won't shut down anytime soon because they're public listed and I don't have all my eggs in one basket anymore.

So yeah I have been working in hosting even though I primarily do web design because I do have clients who do their own thing but subscribe to one of my cPanel or VPS packages. I've had to do a lot of system admin stuff and I learned a lot from it all through the years.

I'm here because I want to share something. It's not something new, in fact it's been done. But I believe I have something extra to add to it that may make it... well I don't want to say revolutionary but I do hope it creates a lot of positive change. Anyway I've said too much about that and according to the rules I'm not supposed to advertise so saying more would almost be like advertising. This is an introduction post and it shall be that.

Hi, my name is Iskandar Reza but you can call me Izzy. I'm the Business Development Manager and Head Project Leader for Cirrus Byte, a company registered under the Registrations of Business Act of Malaysia on January 17th, 2011. I'm 32, married and have a son that is turning two this December. Aside from tinkering with computers, my other passion is growing edible or herbal plants and keeping planted aquariums (I have 5 tanks and 3 jars all planted just in the living room!). I would like to retire on a farm, with good Internet access.

Ok that's all for now. Cheers!

--Izzy

• Welcome, Izzy! Have fun!

• I am Brandon, I am the Owner of HostHoney.com I do not claim to be the top provider as there is no single best provider, but ones that users prefer over others. I Joined Low End Talk to get information, and help others with issues or concerns they may have that I can help with. I am pretty knowledgeable in html, whmcs, and servers. As I always say thre is always room to learn more and you never stop learning.