Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• Hi all,

Vance Davies here, Marketing Director for ioFlare. LET is always entertaining and fun to read. great place to find out about the latest hosting news, scams, dramas, and fiascoes as well :D

• RomelRomel Member
    edited October 2013

Greetings everyone and that's my real name... I am from Philippines... Looking forward to learn more and know more great guys in this site...

Web technology is not my genre, but I ran my own websites myself... so here am I, I found LET from Google and found my host here too... Thank you.

• Hi, I'm Claudiu from Bucharest, Romania. I know I forgot to introduce myself sooner, I'm already 2 months old here. Anyway, nice to meet you all.

• @daciaservers is the name somehow related to the car brand (Dacia), or is it a word in Romanian?

• @rds100 said:
    daciaservers is the name somehow related to the car brand (Dacia), or is it a word in Romanian?

Actually, Dacia was a kingdom located on approx. the territory of today Romania. It existed from the 1'st century BC and was later a roman province until the 2'nd century AD. Our national car manufacturer Dacia got it's name from that also, and a lot of people associate the name with the car. But for me it doesn't stand for a car brand, it stands for our history (history of which many of us romanians are quite proud).

Thanked by 1rds100
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

Hi all, I've been here for a few months now but never intruduced myself.
    my name is Nathanael, originally from Panama City, Panama, currently in Miami, FL

• @cubixcloud said:
    Hello! I'm Otis from Oklahoma.

I'm Otis one of the Partners in OCOSA a family owned facilities-based provider in Tulsa, OK. We acquired CubixCloud this past January. I've personally have been in the IT/Telecom industry for over a decade. I'm active on webhostingtalk and other forums when my schedule permits. I'm very active in my local community and I will be posting here under the name cubixcloud.

CubixCloud was founded by Eric Andrews and has been around since 2011. CubixCloud has a history of providing budget OVZ based VPS services, VPS Reseller hosting, Dedicatd Servers, professional support and currently has two locations currently (Tulsa/Chicago).

I am very much active and involved with our customers. I look forward to jumping in on discussions when the opportunity presents itself. We sincerely hope we are well received and welcomed by the LET community. You can visit CubixCloud at http://www.cubixcloud.com.

• I forgot to introduce myself when I joined. PM me for the details of my life and what I had for breakfast :P

Disclaimer: I was dropped on my head as a child so you'll have to excuse my occasional trolling post

• I'm Dan E, manager of a few telecoms DC's owned by one group in the UK, notably hosting some fairly large mobile networks and also a government department, so I'm SC&DV cleared just for that reason, and I answer to the said government department also, as they've set regulations etc...

Anyway I digress.
    I recently joined forces with an Austrian techie who I've known a good few years now, and we launched Dabuu Networks earlier this year, migrating in my personal clients and a few of my associates clients(those who wanted a US DC anyway). We're soon moving into office space in the building of one of the DC's I manage, in addition to co-locating for a UK service location, once I can come to pricing agreements with my boss - as I'm trying to get some space in the cages secured to the same level as the government departments, which is pretty extreme but it's awesome.

Anyway I'll do custom quotes anytime and I'm happy to chat to other providers, consumers and well, everyone! :)

• @DomainBop said:
    I forgot to introduce myself when I joined. PM me for the details of my life and what I had for breakfast :P

Disclaimer: I was dropped on my head as a child so you'll have to excuse my occasional trolling post

To much work to PM, and besides why should you get away with not having to publicly humiliate yourself like we all have? The game is only fun when everyone participates :P

• @iexo, I just saw your offer in wht

Thanked by 1iexo
  • At least it's being seen!
    I don't think it fills the criteria for LET (was deleted), but no worries! :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@iexo said:
    I don't think it fills the criteria for LET (was deleted), but no worries! :)

With atleast 3 rules broken? No wonder. Just a little bit more careful reading... Anyway, welcome :)

• I realize now I've read more carefully, but thank you.

• simplercloudsimplercloud Member
    edited October 2013

Hi - Rebecca. My colleague Indra is going to join too. We came here because we saw some mention of our company here and we wanted to chime in. A bit about us - we built, raised funds for, grew and ran a successful web hosting company for 15 + years in Singapore (& Asia) - I'm not sure if I can mention the name but it starts with W; and we have just started a new one last month because we wanted to provide a different cloud service for the market in Asia, which we see as needing a fresh perspective. We consider ourselves part of the web hosting industry - please connect on Linkedin, etc if want to say hi. This community is interesting - we found a lot of interesting information here :) Any Singaporeans here as well ? :)

• @simplercloud Welcome to the board. :D

• @budi1413 said:
    simplercloud Welcome to the board. :D

thanks!

• Hello, I'm Abe, from Jakarta ... nice to be here and know you guys.

• @simplercloud said:
    Hi - Rebecca. My colleague Indra is going to join too. We came here because we saw some mention of our company here and we wanted to chime in. A bit about us - we built, raised funds for, grew and ran a successful web hosting company for 15 + years in Singapore (& Asia) - I'm not sure if I can mention the name but it starts with W; and we have just started a new one last month because we wanted to provide a different cloud service for the market in Asia, which we see as needing a fresh perspective. We consider ourselves part of the web hosting industry - please connect on Linkedin, etc if want to say hi. This community is interesting - we found a lot of interesting information here :) Any Singaporeans here as well ? :)

I'm not Singaporean, but i live in Singapore :D, looking forward for this.

• @ravenchad said:

ok great - let me know if have any questions

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Hi my name is Sachin and i have got 10 years of working experience. I started working with intuit for quickbooks product as techincal support guy, later moved as lead and then became part of learning and development team for Intuit. After that i moved to health care industry where i was taking care of EDI `s and later got our company product certified for CCHIT and HIPAA guidelines. Currently i am working with a nyc based company who works on sports projects . Running servers has always been my passion and probably 3- 4 years down the line i will start my own data center in India. Still lots and lots to learn and this is just the beginning.

• Greetz from ROC. Real name is Olaus, but that causes too much discussion.

• Hello,

My name is not Jonathan, I'm not anyone's nightmare or dream, I do not work for a big company, I do not like Ketchup and I do not like watching TV.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi, I am Andrej from Rijeka - Croatia, I am running small VPS company

• Hello,
    I'm working at iConvergence and we just launch international offer of our VPS plans.
    Working since 1995 in hosting and built first hosting provider in 1997.

• @daciaservers Reminds me of Spartacus

• CasiusCasius Member
    edited November 2013

Hi, I'm Casius. Recently started a blog hoping to teach beginners more about Linux. It'll be fun -http://casius.pw

• Hello :), i am Cyther i reside in the UK my main interests are to name a few, Philosophy, science, the universe, Gaming, Networking, Creating, Hosting, Walking and the outdoors .

Thanks.

• G'day,
    I'm k0nsl and I live in Scandinavia, spend much of my time in Sweden. I like server administration, webmastering, all things *nix, interesting projects, and modern history. That's the condensed introduction, I suppose.

LET is a really nice community ;)

• hi, i'm looking forward to learn about linux server management