Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS for TeamSpeak
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS for TeamSpeak

luissousaluissousa Member
edited December 2014 in Requests

Hello,

I have a friend who runs a gaming community.
Their TeamSpeak is currently running on my Online.net's Kidéchire, but they're being DDoSed all the time and Online.net can't stop the attacks. They say they mitigate them, but the Dedicated Server just goes offline when under attack, and it lasts for hours.

Please advise me cheap plans with a decent protection which can hold the TeamSpeak up.
The strongest attack we ever got was of 10Gbps and 3,000,000PPS

If possible, it would be better to be located in Europe with good latency to Portugal

Thank you!

Comments

• My gosh, who have you annoyed to get a 10Gbit/3Mil PPS attack?

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited December 2014

@0xdragon I haven't, but they run a SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) Server and their server is one of the best here in Portugal.. It's a game full of kids who are always DDoSing each others

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Can you provide a list of your required specs please ?

edited December 2014

Sure @davidgestiondbi

512MB RAM

10GB Disk

1 IPv4

2TB

To show you the use of bandwidth, today our server got 150GB of incomming traffic and 6GB of outgoing. In this week, 450GB of incomming traffic and 30GB of outgoing. In this month, 600GB of incomming traffic and 81GB of outgoing.
    So, it's hard to predict how much traffic we're going to use... (due to the attacks)

We may be able to offer you a plan.

CVZ-512

1 CPU Core
    512MB Dedicated RAM
    1GB Burst RAM
    20GB Storage
    Choice of network at checkout
    1 dedicated IPv4
    DDoS protected
    $4.00/month With promo code (LET25OFF) : $3.00/month
    Order link: https://www.clients.deepnetsolutions.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

Hosted on OVH BHS, with permanent mitigation free of charge.

Regards, David.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@luissousa

Some points:

• If it's only for TeamSpeak, 64 MB of RAM are enough.
    • Unmetered is very expensive, looks like you need one or two terabytes only, attack traffic is not counted towards your monthly quota, only clean traffic.
    edited December 2014

@Nyr said:
    luissousa

Some points:

• If it's only for TeamSpeak, 64 MB of RAM are enough.
    • Unmetered is very expensive, looks like you need one or two terabytes only, attack traffic is not counted towards your monthly quota, only clean traffic.

Thank you for your input.
    I've changed the bandwidth requirements to 2TB. The RAM I request is because I may put the SA-MP server there if needed.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    We may be able to offer you a plan.

CVZ-512

1 CPU Core
    512MB Dedicated RAM
    1GB Burst RAM
    20GB Storage
    Choice of network at checkout
    1 dedicated IPv4
    DDoS protected
    $4.00/month With promo code (LET25OFF) : $3.00/month
    Order link: https://www.clients.deepnetsolutions.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

Hosted on OVH BHS, with permanent mitigation free of charge.

Regards, David.

Thank you for your offer,
    Is it possible to have something in Europe? I forgot to say, but I need a good latency to Portugal. I've already edited the original post.

Best Regards

Understood. If you want to host in Europe, you don't have many DDoS protected options while not breaking the bank. Maybe OVH can mitigate the attacks you are getting and it's only 2€/month.

• Buyvm

Thanked by 1Droid

RamNode would be a decent option too and they are in The Netherlands, so nice ping for you. Same for BuyVM, in The Netherlands too.

• @0xdragon said:
    My gosh, who have you annoyed to get a 10Gbit/3Mil PPS attack?

Portugal is not a good place to have game servers. Everyone fighting each other for 2-3 players.. And they don't mind spend money on stressers and things like that.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @Nyr said:
    Understood. If you want to host in Europe, you don't have many DDoS protected options while not breaking the bank. Maybe OVH can mitigate the attacks you are getting and it's only 2€/month.

OVH was my first tought, but I think a Classic VPS doesn't have the same level of DDoS Protection as their dedicated servers, so I thought about buying through another host which hosts there

• @Mun said:
    Buyvm

@Nyr said:
    RamNode would be a decent option too and they are in The Netherlands, so nice ping for you. Same for BuyVM, in The Netherlands too.

I'll check them both, thank you :)

• @Gadelhas said:
    Portugal is not a good place to have game servers. Everyone fighting each other for 2-3 players.. And they don't mind spend money on stressers and things like that.

Portugal is not the right place indeed.. But hey, they're portuguese people...

Sorry, our France location is full at the moment. FYI, the ping result between Portugal and Canada,

4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3144ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 141.234/141.413/141.725/0.186 ms

• @luissousa said:

We just need to fight them the way we can and get the good players out of it :)

Btw, ping to Portugal from buyvm should work for you very well. (And can you pm me the link of your server? I'm interested in seeing what is it)

@luissousa said:
    OVH was my first tought, but I think a Classic VPS doesn't have the same level of DDoS Protection as their dedicated servers, so I thought about buying through another host which hosts there

Don't take a Classic VPS, you will suffer of abnormal reboot + downtime. The DDoS protection is mostly the same, but there is no quality of service for production. They are intent to be use in dev.

Thanked by 1george

luissousa said: OVH was my first tought, but I think a Classic VPS doesn't have the same level of DDoS Protection as their dedicated servers, so I thought about buying through another host which hosts there

If you talk about permanent mitigation, it can be enabled, although isn't officially supported. I'm not sure if you can add rules and the like, but there isn't much you can do to mitigate dirty attacks on OVH.

I would try OVH since it's very cheap and they do mitigate most common attacks, plus has the best latency for you. If that doesn't work, RamNode and BuyVM could maybe provide custom rules, etc for nasty attacks.

Thanked by 1luissousa

@Nyr you don't have access to the Firewall :(

Thanked by 1luissousa
    edited December 2014

@Gadelhas said:
    Btw, ping to Portugal from buyvm should work for you very well. (And can you pm me the link of your server? I'm interested in seeing what is it)

I will, as soon as everything's back online.. At the moment, no TeamSpeak, no website (which is on DO) and no SA-MP...
    Everything under DDoS

davidgestiondbi said:

Don't take a Classic VPS, you will suffer of abnormal reboot + downtime.

False. I had been using many 2€ containers from them. Reboots happen every few weeks and uptime was 99.95 % +

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @davidgestiondbi said:
    Don't take a Classic VPS, you will suffer of abnormal reboot + downtime. The DDoS protection is mostly the same, but there is no quality of service for production. They are intent to be use in dev.

Maybe that's why they sucked when I had two..
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this matter

davidgestiondbi said: you don't have access to the Firewall :(

Is not like the firewall can prevent any nasty attack anyway. If you need specialized protection, OVH is not an option (but he probably doesn't).

Thanked by 1luissousa
    edited December 2014

I have one question for the hosts:

Does any of you have an API in which we can allow and deny IPs to access the server in the firewall? (I'd like to be able to whitelist and blacklist right before it get's to the server itself)

@Francisco @Nick_A @davidgestiondbi

• http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/39197/nexhost-5-50-1gb-kvm-vps-ddos-protected-dallas-tx-usa-custom-iso-linux-windows

Don't be fooled, OVH cannot mitigate UDP Floods without closing off UDP, checkout our latest offer above, guaranteed to work 100% for your needs

Thanked by 1luissousa

luissousa said:

Does any of you have an API in which we can allow and deny IPs to access the server in the firewall?

None of them do.

nexmark said: Don't be fooled, OVH cannot mitigate UDP Floods without closing off UDP

Stop spreading lies, they can. Your mitigation provider is not better than OVH.

Thanked by 2luissousa Cakey

@Nyr said:
    False. I had been using many 2€ containers from them. Reboots happen every few weeks and uptime was 99.95 % +

Depending on the node you are, you can suffer. I got more than 10 VPS with them on different node, and only 1-2 of them was "reliable" and other was unacceptable for production use. Even on their website, the specify to use them at development platform.

Thanked by 1luissousa
    edited December 2014

@nexmark said:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/39197/nexhost-5-50-1gb-kvm-vps-ddos-protected-dallas-tx-usa-custom-iso-linux-windows

Don't be fooled, OVH cannot mitigate UDP Floods without closing off UDP, checkout our latest offer above, guaranteed to work 100% for your needs

Thank you, I may give you a try

@luissousa said:
    I have one question for the hosts:

Does any of you have an API in which we can allow and deny IPs to access the server in the firewall? (I'd like to be able to whitelist and blacklist right before it get's to the server itself)

BuyVM Nick_A davidgestiondbi

Unfortunately, no we don't.