Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - outsourcing, who's actually used this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - outsourcing, who's actually used this?

Wondering what sort of access it provides, etc.

Comments

• Outsourcing provides full server management functions.

• @c1b1 - Is it basically everything I am able to do? Does it allow them to cease the service totally?

• It gives full access including 100 gb free ftp space. If some one interested I still have one Kidechire server for outsource.

• @krs360 said:
    c1b1 - Is it basically everything I am able to do? Does it allow them to cease the service totally?

No, it doesn't. Just allow them to manage the server and related FTP.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Using it, works fine. Also still have two idling servers ready if anyone wants them.

• @rm_ the 1.99 boxes or...?

• I have two outsourced servers in my profile good feature

• Seems to work OK when I have used it before now.

@wych yes only the Nano ones.

• If i go for outsourcing to someone, is it i can cancel back the outsourcing? Or there have a certain period to give them out?

• You can cancel/revoke it whenever. When you outsource, you can't control that box (reload/restart/etc). I've added and removed multiple folks in the same day, no issues.

• will the person I give my server to also receive abuse messages and be able to contact support in case of broken hardware?

• @4n0nx said:
    will the person I give my server to also receive abuse messages and be able to contact support in case of broken hardware?

Yes

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • rm_ said: @wych yes only the Nano ones.

Are these still available?

ElliotJ said: Are these still available?

Yes but just one left for now.