Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weloveservers - any recent feedback?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weloveservers - any recent feedback?

Any recent feedback on Weloveservers?

Saw some nasty feedback during Aug - Oct this year.. I wonder if the situation is same or has improved?

Comments

• It's even worse. I've canceled all servers with them. Support is terrible. Network sometimes just drops. Very slow disk speed. I had servers in Germany, UK and US with them. All the same.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Data loss in October had me move away.

• They suspended me for having 1K pps for 5 minutes on a container with them. I had to move away (perfect timing for that Boltvm deal though :) ).

• They love their servers, not customers.

• @c1bl said:
    They love their servers, not customers.

XD

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Rock solid in the UK. Decent performance (especially for the price) for an entire year, I only left them because I wanted to try a service in real a London DC and couldn't justify keeping both.

• @Nekki said:
    Rock solid in the UK. Decent performance (especially for the price) for an entire year, I only left them because I wanted to try a service in real a London DC and couldn't justify keeping both.

I am in fact considering their UK one only..

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2014

c1bl said: They love their servers, not customers.

:)

• i got refund last year, they (colo) had weird traceroute within the us, not sure how about now

• I have a UK VPS with them and there's absolutely nothing I can complain about. Their US servers seem to get a lot of complaints but foetti's post is the first time I've seen one about the UK.

• NeoGen said: I am in fact considering their UK one only..

For what it's worth, I only had to contact support once and they responded very quickly, but that was November 2013; I've had no reason to contact them since, so if support has really gone to crap I wouldn't have known. The server only had reboots for a couple of important security updates, and network downtime was virtually nil over the year.

• Yes, just want to add to the genrally positive vibe for the UK DC. Got a UK VPS around the time of the bad feedback, but didn't experience any real problems then or now. Very occasional flakiness in the IPV4 network, but short lived and infrequent. VPS itself has been stable, have never had to raise a ticket for it.

Have never had much success with IPV6 at this DC, but not pursued it as it's not essential for me, it's not routing at the moment for instance, but does sometimes.

The package represents very good value for money given the spec, but at the price point isn't going to be bomb proof, and it would be unreasonable to expect it to be.

• sucks

period.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2014

I have a mail server with them in a yearly vps. Average to good behavior mostly, little slow for some weeks in early Fall. Mostly good, so, except last week that I had a 28 hours downtime due to a node's problem, as they told me to the tixket I opened (they didn't give me more infos about the specific problem). The response to the ticket and follow up answers were quite fast, especially if you consider I have a 19$ yearly contract. Having this price in mind, their service is quite good and the owner polite.

• Uptime 1%,data loss 90%.
    Sucks +1

• NeoGenNeoGen Member
    edited December 2014

Thanks everyone.. Any idea if they really really tremendously overload and or oversell?

• I have a 512MB OVZ yearly in Germany with them and I've never had a problem. I renewed back in June for another year and still have had no problems at all.

Thanked by 1weloveservers
  • NeoGen said: Any idea if they really really tremendously overload and or oversell?

Yes, they do!

• As others say, network just randomly drops. But its not just the VM its the whole node.

100% stayaway. You want a cheap VPS go with http://megaz.com

• NeoGen said: Thanks everyone.. Any idea if they really really tremendously overload and or oversell?

I always had access to the ram, always had good throughput in network. The CPU is one of the better one's here.

Here is a ServerBear a week before I left:

UnixBench score: 3003.0
    I/O rate: 113.0 MB/second
    Bandwidth rate: 76.6 MB/second
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/11/09/7bwCpw2EoWrQ62EN

• Silvenga said: I always had access to the ram, always had good throughput in network. The CPU is one of the better one's here.

I'd echo that, I was running a desktop on their 24/7 with quite a few things running simultaneously and never had an issues either with RAM or CPU, and I was able to generate a fair amount of load for 20-30 minutes at a time without issues.

• They are hit or miss. Your server can run OK for months and then it may be down for days. I have a UK-based server with them (the $19/year one) since late 2013 for extremely low intensity experimentation - basic Debian + NGINX and that's all. I visited the VPS maybe once a month or two, and it was a good experience most of the period, Yesterday I found it to be down. Restart from the control panel did no good. Support was kind of OK - expect a few exchanges until they do what is required - and after a couple of hours it was up and running. Today I found it again to be down. Support has been notified a few hours ago. Still waiting.

I also had a VPS in their Orlando facility earlier this year - terrible experience. After many lengthy down times and a week without any resolution, they moved me to Buffalo. There, it has been again hit or miss. I have had some good weeks, and some days where the VPS was down. The Support ticket exchange was very aggrevating at that time - they didn't fully read your (short) complaint or response and just acted on a random word they picked up from your reported issue.

They are OK if you just need a box to experiment with with no connected users, and if you are willing to ocassionally spend some extented period of time with their support personnel.
    However, if this random (and lengthy) down time happens again, I will certainly not be renewing the contract next year.

• @Silvenga said:

UnixBench score: 3003.0
    I/O rate: 113.0 MB/second
    Bandwidth rate: 76.6 MB/second

Help me decode this in simple English or noob language please?

• @NeoGen said:
    Help me decode this in simple English or noob language please?

Looks good to me.

Thanked by 1NeoGen
  • SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited December 2014

NeoGen said: Help me decode this in simple English or noob language please?

Certainly, the numbers show one of the top CPU power and bandwidth speed scores on LET, not to mention one of the cheapest plans found here as well. The disk can be considered average.

For example, Dr. Server's ByteShake got a UnixBench score of 420.5 in my last test (for $32.40 a year), my VPSDime storage container got a score of 2731.1 (for $84 a year). The score of my WLS container of 3003.0 is really good (for $19 a year).

For bandwidth we can multiply the bandwidth rate (76.6 MB/s) by 8 (bytes to bits) to get 612.8MiB/s. If the port was 1GiB/s shared (1000 MiB/s) we can do a simple ratio to find that I was able to use 61% of the shared port. On a host server of 100's I consider this a really good number.

Although, I urge you to take any statistical analysis with a grain of salt. I personally used WLS (WeLoveServers) for over a year and had no issues for the most part.

• Node92 - UK seems to be down for more than 24 hours... Somebody can confirm, please?

I'm asking because WLS support was unable to give a clear answer:

• They first tell me my VM has been disabled for high CPU usage ("Please optimist the services used on the VPS")
    • I reply that my own monitoring only shows that the node was overloaded but my VM was idling...
    • Now they tell me the node is unstable ("The host node is unstable due to the over CPU usage") and they won't enable my VM.

Doesn't sound very competent or professional :(

• dynweb said: Doesn't sound very competent or professional

Sounds like WeLoveServers...

• always get downtime.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Lols, they merged with TuguHost some time ago. Today i got a Invoice about 6$ per Month for Shared Hosting, i had 3$ per Year for it and it has basically still 2 months to go what a scam.

• After having a few problems with WLS I thought I would do a bit of research into the people behind it. It appears that the company was started in the USA and then sold to a UK buyer but I'm not sure when. First thing I thought I would look up was the company who receives the Paypal payments - World Wide Web Projects. This company is owned by Mr Jason Michael West.

Jason West is also director of a few other companies http://companycheck.co.uk/director/907514986 and I would suggest anyone who is interested do a Google search for Bright Light Media Limited and look at YourOwnStore.co.uk entries that come up.

BRIGHT Light Media also were responsible for YourTravelStore who have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/YourTravelStore-Feedback/217213008408595 . Appears that Bright Light Media Ltd. (YourTravel Store, YourOwnStore, Worldwide Web Projects Ltd) were featured on BBC1 Rip Off Britain Series 6, Episode 14. http://www.scambook.com/company/comments/84018/YourOwnStorecouk-Bright-Light-Media-Ltd also makes interesting reading.

I've seen enough to personally run a mile from this VPS supplier and in my opinion, their previous track records explains why their support is of the standard that it is.

Thanked by 2namhuy Mark_R