Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OSX SSH account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OSX SSH account

dirkdirk Member
edited July 2012 in General

For a dev project, we're looking for some temporary (24h) SSH access to an OSX system.
We need to be able to login using a username/password (in SSH) and execute PS and DF as commands.

If you can offer this type of access then please let me know.

dirk

Comments

• dirkdirk Member
    edited July 2012

@liam: I don't have the OS .....
    Also paying $50 for a month access, while I need less then 24h is a bit too much....

Anyone else has some ideas?

Thanked by 1dragonballz2k
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Find a cracked version...

Thanked by 1Taz
  • dirkdirk Member

@LiquidHost: not my style to do this....
    I prefer to pay a few bucks to get a real SSH account on an OSX system

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@dirk said: not my style to do this....

I prefer to pay a few bucks to get a real SSH account on an OSX system

In that case, you were already linked to the mac hosting provider, I was just giving alternatives.

• dirkdirk Member
    edited July 2012

@liam: I just send mail to them...
    "Other" offers are still welcome

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

It's not impossible to run OS X in VirtualBox. May be worth considering if you can't find anything else. Then again, you would need to go against your “style” to do so, and the easiest version to get working is still Snow Leopard, which, as of today's release of Mountain Lion, is two major versions out-of-date.

• Hi,

check http://virtualmacosx.com/ too. They seems to have X-Code Plans.

P.S : i don't have any experience with this host.

• dirkdirk Member

@wuhao: thanks for those, however if I read them correctly they don't offer SSH acccess OR have co-location only OR have a 6-months contract only :-(

@mrm2005: send them a mail to see if they have SSH access....

• You could ask a Mac user here if they would be willing to give you one.

• @MrLawoodle said: You could ask a Mac user here if they would be willing to give you one.

That's nice of you, putting yourself forward like that ;)

Thanked by 1Liam
  • dirkdirk Member
    edited July 2012

@MrLawoodle: that's what I was hoping for/aiming at :-)

• @ElliotJ said: That's nice of you, putting yourself forward like that ;)

Technically I am allowed to use my ML license to host a VM, so I guess I could. But I am on DSL speed.

• dirkdirk Member
    edited July 2012

@MrLawoodle what I want to do does not need a lot of bandwidth (or speed). I would be surprised that if after those (aprox) 24h that I would need I would have used 100mb (yes mb not gb). The only thing I will do is connect (via SSH) and issue PS and DF commands and seeing to automated this (aspecialy for OSx which seems to behave differently then BSD/Solaris/Linux/... which we already 'support')

• tehdantehdan Member

For what you describe you can probably just locally run/virtualise puredarwin - VM images available here: puredarwin.org/downloads/ . I also wouldn't expect the basic utilities to behave significantly different than their FreeBSD counterparts...

• I can offer a Mac SSH connection, but... at my home. yep. PM me if interested, i haven't got a beast connection but it's enough for you. (i think)

• dirkdirk Member

@Antony500 send you a PM about it.
    Other offers are still welcome....maybe I can test towards different version of OSX just to be sure it works fine (the dev I'm doing).. :-)

• klikliklikli Member

OSX 10.7 here, do let me know if you need any sort of help.

• dirkdirk Member

@klikli if you could give me SSH access to it (will need to be able to do DF and PS commands on it), that would be great