Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super cheap dedicated servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Super cheap dedicated servers?

I am looking to get an extremely cheap dedicated server. Online.net would be great if they actually had it in stock, and Delimiter would be great if you could pay monthly.

Specs don't really matter, I'm just looking to get one to play around with, but I would like it to be as cheap as possible, around 5 bucks a month. I haven't found any other budget dedicated servers other then Online and Delimiter, but I thought I would ask anyways.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@NumaPlay I have some in stock, see the sig :)

• kimsufi.com ?

• @rm_ said:
    NumaPlay I have some in stock, see the sig :)

Can they be transfered to a different account?

• @sc754 said:
    kimsufi.com ?

That might work once they get them in stock. I would prefer 1 Gbps, but for my price I guess I can't expect much.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

NumaPlay said: Can they be transfered to a different account?

They can't be transferred between accounts, however they have a very handy "outsourcing" feature, where you get the server in your control panel and have full control over it (boot/reboot/rescue/reinstall/monitor/etc).

• @rm_ said:
    They can't be transferred between accounts, however they have a very handy "outsourcing" feature, where you get the server in your control panel and have full control over it (boot/reboot/rescue/reinstall/monitor/etc).

Well if I can't find anything else I might go with that.

• Kimsufi is the cheapest. If you don't want to pay setup fee, you can go with Oneprovider (7 EUR/Month)

• With Delimiter you can pay monthly, you just pay a higher price

• @MarkTurner said:
    With Delimiter you can pay monthly, you just pay a higher price

Yeah, I just saw that, but its not really worth it since its double the price just to pay monthly. I've never used a dedicated server so I'm looking to get a cheap one for now. Mabye in the future, when I know what I'm doing I would buy one from you, but for now its not worth it.

• @NumaPlay if you want something cheap to play around on, can't go wrong with a Kimsufi. There is a link I think @rm_ posted in the Kimsufi thread if you look around, even if they show up as out of stock on the home page the link will usually let you direct order a KS-1 with the N2800 chip and a 500GB HDD, 2GB RAM. Around $7 a month I think, not bad at all. The KS-2 is a bit more expensive but you'll probably get lucky and end up with a 2TB drive, several of us have.

Thanked by 1JamesBot
  • @im_jmz said:
    NumaPlay if you want something cheap to play around on, can't go wrong with a Kimsufi. There is a link I think rm_ posted in the Kimsufi thread if you look around, even if they show up as out of stock on the home page the link will usually let you direct order a KS-1 with the N2800 chip and a 500GB HDD, 2GB RAM. Around $7 a month I think, not bad at all. The KS-2 is a bit more expensive but you'll probably get lucky and end up with a 2TB drive, several of us have.

I might try that. I've been looking for that link, I can't seem to locate it. Do you know which topic it was in?

• kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=142sk1&dedicatedQuantity=1

Thanked by 1JamesBot
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: Specs don't really matter,

You can get a raspberry pi for $5/mo :-)

https://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?gid=12

• @supick said:
    kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=142sk1&dedicatedQuantity=1

Thank you.