Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can anybody teach me about IP routing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

can anybody teach me about IP routing?

like I buy VPS with lots of IP at xvmlabs,

then I have a dedi with only 1 IP

I want to route the xvm IP to VPS on the dedi

how can I do this?

if you can help me with this, I will pay you 0.01 Bitcoin or Equivilant PayPal or VPS. thanks

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Well first, the mommy IP and the daddy IP...

On a serious note, I think what you want is GRE tunneling.

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited December 2014

this tut seems can only tunnel 1 IP?

but I wanna tunnel lots of IPs to the dedicated server, and let VMs use it

I build a VPS with Router Operating System on the Dedicated Server and let it route them, how can I complete this?

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited December 2014

@matthewvz said:
    Well first, the mommy IP and the daddy IP...

On a serious note, I think what you want is GRE tunneling.

seems lots of providers use mommy IPs. I saw some IP at the totally different region with the server itself.

• Use Google and search for a "GRE Tunnel".

• @lewissue said:
    seems lots of providers use mommy IPs.

What even.

@lewissue said:
    I saw some IP at the totally different region with the server itself.

Yeah some providers announce IP's in different locations; thats slightly different rather than GRE tunnelling IP's as it does add latency as it would have to go to the first machine and tunnel to the 2nd.

• GRE isn't supported on XVMLabs.

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • I find at least 1 troll / each lewissue's thread ;)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2014

@c1bl said:
    I find at least 1 troll / each lewissue's thread ;)

< rant >

Yeah. And it's the OP himself most of the time...

@lewissue: Is there no special forum for highwaymen, scumsters, cheaters and small crooks like you? Do you really have to honour LET with your unpleasant appearance and weakness of character? I am sure that XVMLabs do not give out the IPs to customers for a purpose like that. But YOU have to try, right? Always looking for a way to circumvent the rules and generosity of others, aren't you? If I just remember your Vultr thread and most of the others...

Without wanting to be too insulting, just a raw expression of my personal opinion:
    I find you utterly disgusting.

On the other hand: I am sure that forums exist, where other tiny fraudsters will hail you for your sketchy "trolling". Why not just go there?

< /rant >

P.S.: I am sure that you give a wet fart about my opinion about you, which is completely okay and your absolute right. But I cannot resist the urge to express what I think about people with your attitude. This is not what LET was about back in the days and even not today.

• Yes, please go to forums like TBN/HF whatever.

• @Amitz said:
    P.S.: I am sure that you give a wet fart about my opinion about you, which is completely okay and your absolute right. But I cannot resist the urge to express what I think about people with your attitude. This is not what LET was about back in the days and even not today.

Has XVMLab said it can't be used in tunneling?