Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where can i get a good window vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

where can i get a good window vps

onegunonegun Member
edited December 2014 in Help

As i am using mac and no want to install any vm on my mac to run visual studio. In need a good window vps but NOT EXPENSIVE for development of personal c# projects. which provider is good

Comments

• Whats your budget?

• onegunonegun Member
    edited December 2014

@nexmark said:
    Whats your budget?

as cheap as possible, as it will be served as personal window desktop only

• Use search function of forum and search for:

GoodHosting: 2x1Gbps network, raw SSD, high performance, Windows trial allows. And you can abuse the VPS 24/24

MyCustomHosting: cheapest Windows VPS with high RAM, stable, you must have retail license to order Windows VPS there.

You will find good deals in Offers section.

• if you are planning to use it for development then you'll need RAM 4GB with visualstudio.

i advise you install a vm in your mac.

• Inception Hosting have excellent Xen HVM plans in Miami that come with a 180 day Windows trial license. They're well-tuned and run very well, probably the best I've used outside of big companies like Rackspace.

• @drserver might have an offer for you. :)

• I'd suggest looking at scalable cloud providers for this. Some cloud providers charge by the hour and if you turn your machine off most of the time you only pay the storage fee for the vm, which is a much lower fee. Then just turn the vm on only when you need it. Sometimes this strategy beats paying the normal prices of vm's.

• thanks all