Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

VPS for VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for VPN

Hi all!
I run a LAN gaming event about once every month. Unfortunately, while our location has internet, it also has a filter which blocks Steam.
I've got permission from not only the facility managers but also the facility's network manager to bypass the filter, but they won't turn it off (I don't know why).
For awhile, I've leased a LEB to host a VPN for the event. Unfortunately, I've had some uptime issues with my host (which has otherwise been excellent). They also haven't been responding to tickets, which has also led to this post.

Here is what I'm looking for:
US West Coast Location (preferably around the Fremont/San Francisco area)
128MB RAM
2GB HDD Space
1 CPU Core access
750GB - 1TB BW (needs to be on a network with excellent peering, as ping time is essential)
Uptime needs to be really good, and I'd like ticket response time to be under 3 days (I don't need a managed system).
Depending on price, I may wish to pay on a yearly basis.

I will not be sending any e-mail from the system, and the VPN will not be public (it is restricted to the group present at events, which is a closed group).

Finally, I'm looking for a host with an abuse policy that isn't shoot first and ask questions later for non-critical issues (ex. DMCA). While I doubt anything will come up (I'm running a local firewall to stop things from happening; nothing ever has come up), I want to be prepared (I'm not asking for total immunity - I'll respond/deal with the issues, given the chance and 12-24 hours).

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have an excellent day!

Comments

• We can do this.

If anything does come up in regards to your DMCA requests we will work with you. not against you.

How does

256MB RAM

256MB vSwap

2 CPU cores

35GB HDD space

450GB traffic I will upgrade this for you, 750GB included

1 IPv4

$13.50/year

Order