Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How high have you gotten your server up to?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How high have you gotten your server up to?

This is the highest ive gotten so far by accidentally putting myself in the path of an ARP storm

Comments

• My server hit the chronic this one night, and was soaring like an eagle my dude!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

One day I left my server with my stoner pal and when I came back it was higher than a kite!

• I once took a server blade on a plane. It was high as fuck.

• I once gave my VPS some crack, it was pretty fucking high.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited December 2014

My computer's been to ~30,000 feet, but nothing like these space trippers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer

So to be less of an ass to the OP...I once admin'd a server that routinely had a load > 100, but that was fine because it had 128 cores. (Not that it was "mine" - it was my employer's).

• Somebody ran a dumb bash script on one of our web servers the other day that took the load to 150+ . . .

• Lol dat load

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • I had a wordpress install get hacked and it started some process that ran the load up above 250!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

I think around 540 is the highest load I've actually witnessed first hand. Of course, it's all pretty relative to the system in front of you.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm intensely disappointed that googling for "Load Average World Record" does not return the same.

There should be some sort of absolute record - regardless of number of CPUs, etc., what is the all-time high that has ever been seen on any Unix-based system anywhere?

• i think way back when i wrote a crazy script in php4 that was doing data aggation outside of mysql and it got the load of a single core server to 1240.

• I'm going to put a ton of pr0n onto my Plex server, try watching multiple videos at once and see how high my load goes...

Thanked by 2drazilox Mark_R
  • @Nekki said:
    I'm going to put a ton of pr0n onto my Plex server, try watching multiple videos at once and see how high my load goes...

LOL @ the LowEndComics and LowEndComedians.

• @raindog308 said:
    I'm intensely disappointed that googling for "Load Average World Record" does not return the same.

There should be some sort of absolute record - regardless of number of CPUs, etc., what is the all-time high that has ever been seen on any Unix-based system anywhere?

Maybe LET users will create this records.