Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#lowendbox spam bots - gtfo please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

#lowendbox spam bots - gtfo please

SpiritSpirit Member
edited July 2012 in General

It seems like every second #lowendbox newcomer need to migrate own spambot from #frantech to this channel...

That's how it looks #lowendbox at this moment:

[23:27](Satellite) ? dd
[23:27](hawtiepy^) [dd] dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
[23:27](damian_) yeah.. so have it now for 20 pounds, or in 2 weeks for 6 pounds
[23:27](MrLawoodle) joepie91: No.
[23:27](Jacob_LET) http://www.amazon.co.uk/MINI-SAS-ANSCHLUSSKABEL-SFF-8484/dp/B003JDSA5M
[23:28](damian_) or have it whenever those people deliver for 14 pounds
[23:29](Jacob_LET) Ł19
[23:29](Jacob_LET) 4 days
[23:29](Jacob_LET) 3 - 4 days
[23:29](Jacob_LET) I need to get this out by like next week
[23:29](Jacob_LET) so yeah
[23:31](Jacob_LET) .xe 26.70 EUR GBP
[23:31](Jacob_LET) .wa 26.70 EUR GBP
[23:31](alina_) Jacob_LET: ÂŁ20.77  (British pounds)
[23:33](MrLawoodle) .xe 1 GBP USD
[23:33](MrLawoodle) .wa 1 GBP USD
[23:33](alina_) MrLawoodle: $1.551  (US dollars)
[23:33](MrLawoodle) .wa 1 EUR USD
[23:33](alina_) MrLawoodle: $1.206  (US dollars)
[23:33](LowEndLiam) .wa 1CHF GBP
[23:33](alina_) LowEndLiam: ÂŁ0.6475  (British pounds)
[23:33](LowEndLiam) .wa 1 CHF GBP
[23:33](alina_) LowEndLiam: ÂŁ0.6475  (British pounds)
[23:34](LowEndLiam) .wa 1 ZAD GBP
[23:34]* Maccer has joined #lowendbox
[23:34]* ChanServ sets mode: +v Maccer
[23:34](alina_) LowEndLiam: sorry, no results. try directly at http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+ZAD+GBP
[23:34](MrLawoodle) ;lol
[23:34](LowEndLiam) .wa 12 cats takeawaymeals
[23:34](alina_) LowEndLiam: sorry, no results. try directly at http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=12+cats+takeawayme
  als
[23:34](MrLawoodle) .xa 1 Sheep Cows
[23:34](LowEndLiam) wa*
[23:35](damian_) .wa 200 gbp in sd
[23:35](alina_) damian_: sorry, no results. try directly at http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=200+gbp+in+sd
[23:35](damian_) .wa 200 gbp in usd
[23:35](alina_) damian_: $310.2  (US dollars)
[23:36](LowEndLiam) .wa 500 usd VND
[23:36](alina_) LowEndLiam: \:20ab10.46 million  (Vietnamese dong)
[23:36](LowEndLiam) lol
[23:36](Jacob_LET) .wa 5.5% of $7
[23:36](alina_) Jacob_LET: $0.39  (US dollars)
[23:36](Jacob_LET) .wa $0.39 + $0.45
[23:36](alina_) Jacob_LET: sorry, no results. try directly at http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=$0.39+++$0.45
[23:36](Jacob_LET) .wa $0.39 add $0.45
[23:36](alina_) Jacob_LET: sorry, no results. try directly at http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=$0.39+add+$0.45
[23:36](LowEndLiam) .wa 1 eur zwd
[23:36](alina_) LowEndLiam: sorry, no results. try directly at http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+eur+zwd
[23:37](LowEndLiam) .wa 1 eur vnd
[23:37](alina_) LowEndLiam: \:20ab25240  (Vietnamese dong)
[23:37](flotwig) ha
[23:37](flotwig) dong
[23:37](Jacob_LET) So
[23:37](Jacob_LET) Per $7 order
[23:37](Jacob_LET) $0.85 in fees
[23:37](LowEndLiam) .wa 1 eur CFA
[23:37](damian_) Jacob_LET
[23:37](alina_) LowEndLiam: CFA655.7  (West African CFA francs)
[23:38](damian_) use micropayments
[23:38](TheHackBox) .wa 1 eur CAD
[23:38](alina_) TheHackBox: C$1.233  (Canadian dollars)
[23:38](Jacob_LET) its 2CO
[23:38](damian_) oh
[23:38](damian_) pp micropayment fees on $7 is $0.40
[23:39](Voss) .wa 1 USD CAD
[23:39](alina_) Voss: C$1.022  (Canadian dollars)
[23:39](Jacob_LET) ok
[23:39](Jacob_LET) 5.5% of trans + $0.45 and 5% held for 90 Days
[23:39](Jacob_LET) so
[23:39](Jacob_LET) .wa 5.5% of $7
[23:39](alina_) Jacob_LET: $0.39  (US dollars)
[23:39](Jacob_LET) .wa 5% of $7
[23:40](alina_) Jacob_LET: $0.35
[23:40](Jacob_LET) Oh ok
[23:40](Jacob_LET) $1.19
[23:40](Jacob_LET) .wa 5.5% of $4
[23:40](alina_) Jacob_LET: $0.22  (US dollars)
[23:40](Jacob_LET) .wa 5% of $4
[23:40](alina_) Jacob_LET: $0.20
[23:40](damian_) .wa 1 year - (99.9% of 1 year)
[23:40](alina_) damian_: 0.001 years
[23:40](damian_) well played, wa
[23:40](Jacob_LET) and per $4 trans, $0.87
[23:41](Jacob_LET) My profit sucks.
[23:41](damian_) google properly responds with 8.76581
[23:41](damian_) hours
[23:41](damian_) Jacob_LET: offer $0.50/month plans
[23:41](Jacob_LET) lol
[23:41](Jacob_LET) That wouldnt even make profit
[23:41](Jacob_LET) lol
[23:42](Jacob_LET) .wa 5.5% of $0.50
[23:42](alina_) Jacob_LET: $0.03  (US dollars)

More and more bots on daily basis. IRC channel should be for discussion instead spam flooding. Use google if you need various data and keep channel clean. And part all those spam bots now, please.

/rant off

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

The Wolfram Alpha bot? It's only spamming because the users telling it to.

• SpiritSpirit Member

I have no idea but I see more and more idiocy on this channel :/

• DamianDamian Member

I have a solution:

:D

• I don't see any spambots, just a normal bot doing what people tell him to do.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

Why @damian? I like this channel. Well atleast I did before you spammers joined lately and brought your $hit...
    @gsrdgrdghd yeah, yeah..

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited July 2012

@Damian I have a better solution.

/ignore BOT

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

Can't you ask the Ops to devoice the bots? If people really want them, they could private message them as well

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Why can't the developers program the bots to message the user the answers instead of having to post it publicly? Is it to complex for developers to do?

Thanked by 2Spirit Jeffrey
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

@MrLawoodle

Yeah /ignore is option however now there's like 5 bots or so.. evey week new one. And this is annoying. Like everyone need to bring own bot now...

@KuJoe they can. Most tcl eggdrop scripts work also as /msg or private notifications however as it seems people like to spamm all others on channel with their irrelevant searches.

• Ignore Works great here

• @Spirit said: Yeah /ignore is option however now there's like 5 bots or so.. evey week new one. And this is annoying. Like everyone need to bring own bot now...

There are some bots that share the same commands too, annoying when you do one and get 3 replies.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

I know that I sound like a grumpy old man and I won't win popularity contest with this thread it's just... it's really more and more of those bots... I prefer to see live channel with people talking not bots. Some bot.. ok. But do we really need every week new one?
    When I saw @mikho setting up one infobot I thought "oh cool, this could be useful" but now there's more and more of them.

• @KuJoe said: Why can't the developers program the bots to message the user the answers instead of having to post it publicly?

I guess the issue with that is that the question still gets posted in public (although it concerns just one user). It would be possible to hide all messages prefix'd with a bot cmd, that would be a rather hackish solution.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: although it concerns just one user

Huh? I was mostly silent yesterday when two others was complaining about bots multiplying and yet.. there's another bot today here.

@gsrdgrdghd said: I guess the issue with that is that the question still gets posted in public

No needed. Standard eggdrop scripts and modules work mostly the same in private query than in public. Typing /msg bot seen nickname will give you same result privately as public !seen nickname with standard gseen eggdrop module. But that's not only issue. I see bigger problem that everyone who own some bot need to park it to this channel lately.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

Sorry if i didn't put that right. I ment that the actual answer from the bot just concernes one user and thus it's pointless to post the question (& the answer) in a public channel.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • bamnbamn Member

Oh I was thinking spam bots like spamming malicious stuff or abusing IRC, not someone getting upset over not using the ignore command

• Ok so I don't have any problem with bots. But I have a problem with the users of the bot who constantly send them commands just to spam the channel.

I'd like to have the Bot's Operators just have the command executor (fancy title) private message the user instead of posting it publicly.

Also, @Spirit, #lowendbox is not an official IRC channel.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • JacobJacob Member

Fact is that there is no bot in that channel with the same commands, This guy is just bitching at a pointless argument.

@MrLawoodle said: There are some bots that share the same commands too, annoying when you do one and get 3 replies.

• flyfly Member

@Damian said: I have a solution:

so your solution for world peace is to nuke everyone

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I had a bot in there, was fun for a bit, got annoying, people complained, so I took it out. :p

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Hmm, it wasn't that bad last time I visited, it was a few days back but yeah. It is sort of annoying when users play with the bots for hours on end while you're talking with some other people. If there is more than one bot that responds to a command I or one of the other op's will most likely ask the owner to disable it or just devoice it.

Thanked by 2Spirit HalfEatenPie
  • flyfly Member

it's not so much the bots that are annoying.... it's the users who abuse them.

Thanked by 2Spirit HalfEatenPie
  • SpiritSpirit Member

@Infinity said: It is sort of annoying when users play with the bots for hours on end while you're talking with some other people.

Exactly.
    It wasn't like that some time ago but now it's more and more of this...

• Actually I saw the abusive user being one person... The person who made the most commands on your chat log @Spirit.

• krokro Member

These bots are skiddish shit I dived into a good 10 years ago on IRC. The same problems exist as they did then. a notic fixes this. Then human relay if must. But this method hurt bawt master Ego. Sorey on adroid pushing one out

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

All in all, I think just having them whisper the answer is good enough.

• krokro Member

LOL @ WHISPER!

Notice or Query would be good. Its just people who want their creation to be seen by the public eye to redeem some sort of 'status' as a 'coder'. I and many others did this when we were youngen's.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member

@kro said: Notice or Query would be good.

+1

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Don't really know on how to address this.
    When I joined lowendbot, being first(?) it was a nice feature to display posts from LEB.

I'm more like this, if the users cant hsndle the bot(s) then its a user error. Not a bot error.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Jacob said: Fact is that there is no bot in that channel with the same commands, This guy is just bitching at a pointless argument.

Used to be, I think someone pulled that one out.

Thanked by 1Spirit