Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Factors affect in Server Load
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Factors affect in Server Load

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I was trying to get the list of Factors that affect the Server Load. I had many a time high Load for CPU Spike but recently, in My New Box, I'm noticing something quite unusual. I have 6 vCPU Cores on X5570 @2.93 GHz. 3 GB Ram and 80 GB PURE SSD Space utilizing Xen-PV.

top - 21:34:38 up 21:17,  1 user,  load average: 2.65, 2.32, 1.84
Tasks: 184 total,   6 running, 177 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie
Cpu(s):  2.5%us,  1.6%sy,  0.0%ni, 95.8%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0% Mem:   2971420k total,  2803820k used,   167600k free,   249332k buffers
Swap:  6291448k total,    66892k used,  6224556k free,  1774604k cached

I can't just understand How the CPU Load can go just that high with 2.5% CPU Usage & 1.6% System Usage. It's 95.8% idle as it's showing.

The Load isn't a important factor For Me. But, it's responsing slow in SSH, Website Load Time etc. I asked the Provider, He said that, I'm the only user in that specific Node and The Load I'm noticing must be of My Own. He suggested Me if I have installed any new software recently, I should just remove it. But, I can find any.

Anyone can help Me finding out the reason ??

Thanks,
Mahfuz.

Comments

• Whats your network to the box like?

I have noticed SSH can get laggy if the network is unstable even if the load on the node is low.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@wych said:
    Whats your network to the box like?

I have noticed SSH can get laggy if the network is unstable even if the load on the node is low.

What that means by My Network?? You mean My Network Speed ?? But, I can access My other Box without any delay of command. The network for that server I'm facing problem isn't quite optimized for Bangladesh as I've checked but I needed to fulfil My Requirement in My budget so, I had nothing to do.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL the route, packetloss and general performance of the network from your location to the box and back.

@wych said:
    Mahfuz_SS_EHL the route, packetloss and general performance of the network from your location to the box and back.

Okay, I didn't get any Packet Loss, the route seems very complex and lengthy than other boxes. My Box is limited to 100 Mbit/s. Would you mind if I sent you a PM with the address of One Website hosted on it and you might check as you're from US, I hope.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2014

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL - poor disk I/O will cause high load. When running ioping what amount of iops are you getting?

EDIT: I saw the pure SSD, but I would check for this anyway.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Would you mind if I sent you a PM with the address of One Website hosted on it and you might check as you're from US, I hope.

UK, but sure.

Okay, I got it sorted. On My Part, it was due to the CloudLinux LVE Setting where I put 10% CPU Usage on all accounts. Reverted it back to 100% solved the issue.