Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• @4n0nx said:
    There are plenty of reviews, did you even bother to read the thread?

But not a review of the cheap hetzners servers (beside the 1 month olds that dont say anything about that the server hold 1 year). And the facebook post as you mentioned a long time ago is a deal with a datacenter which is not Hetzner (use google translate)

• sepei said: But not a review of the cheap hetzners servers (beside the 1 month olds that dont say anything about that the server hold 1 year). And the facebook post as you mentioned a long time ago is a deal with a datacenter which is not Hetzner (use google translate)

There are a lot of reviews about Hetzner and a lot of reviews about this company. Now this company sells Hetzner servers. I see no lack of information.

• @4n0nx said:
    There are a lot of reviews about Hetzner and a lot of reviews about this company. Now this company sells Hetzner servers. I see no lack of information.

Could you actually post some, so that I may read and make a better decision? I couldn't find any other than ones from under 30 days ago...

• Well keep believing but dont come back after 1-2 months when the server disappear and cry that VISA dont gave you an refund because you got your server as a lot of people mentioned here. I wish you best of luck.

• @IThinkUFailed was posted a few pages back

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=bs&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.devprotalk.com/archive/index.php?t-6076.html&edit-text=

No time to find the others, they are well hidden but they exist. It is easier to find them with google.rs .

• @4n0nx said:
    IThinkUFailed was posted a few pages back

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=bs&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.devprotalk.com/archive/index.php?t-6076.html&edit-text=

No time to find the others, they are well hidden but they exist. It is easier to find them with google.rs .

Thank you, I tried with google.rs but it came up with nothing. I'll read the google translate one now.

• @4n0nx said:

Only reviews I can find are at http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/UniWebHosting.html which are less than complimentary and indicative of a company struggling. As you state there is "no lack of information", please post links to other reviews.

I do find it suspicious that a company claiming to be the largest web host in Serbia and been in business for 10 years has so few results come up when a search is done.

• ittiger said: Only reviews I can find are at http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/UniWebHosting.html which are less than complimentary and indicative of a company struggling. As you state there is "no lack of information", please post links to other reviews.

I do find it suspicious that a company claiming to be the largest web host in Serbia and been in business for 10 years has so few results come up when a search is done.

You are going to have to look for yourself. Just use Serbian key words (or was it Bosnian?).

If you find it suspicious, don't order. Simple.

• @4n0nx said:
    You are going to have to look for yourself. Just use Serbian key words (or was it Bosnian?).

I have looked and can't find any. Either the information that you state exists in which case you will have no trouble providing appropriate links or someone is being a bit economical with the truth.

Which is it? - can you substantiate your comments or not?

• ittiger said: I have looked and can't find any. Either the information that you state exists in which case you will have no trouble providing appropriate links or someone is being a bit economical with the truth.

Which is it? - can you substantiate your comments or not?

It's not my job to provide you with reviews. o.O

• @4n0nx said:
    It's not my job to provide you with reviews. o.O

Thanks you have answered my question!

Thanked by 2boernd BuyAds
  • ittiger said: Thanks you have answered my question!

Well you obviously just want to fight. I trust you have enough brains to type "uniwebhosting blogspot" into google. o.O

• @All: Make it simple, accept the risk and order, or go directly with hetzner :)

Thanked by 2sepei 4n0nx
  • It's not my job to provide you with reviews. o.O

hey 4n0nx .. now you know :)

• @karjaj said:
    Still waiting my addon IPs...

1 addon IP provisioned... waiting for more...

• I was about to order a dedicated server with UniWebHosting yesterday, thinking that if I paid by credit card I could always make a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (UK) if my server mysteriously disappeared before the end of the term I paid for (as the statute of limitations is 6 years in England & Wales), but then I realised they only accept credit cards through PayPal and 2CO, which would have made it quite a bit of a gamble.

So then I decided to look into this company a bit more before throwing hundreds of dollars at them.

I figured I could overlook the poor English since they are Serbians, but then I found that their "Contact us" page listed the following address/phone details:

Information company

>

Uni Web Hosting, INC.

1018XD Amsterdam, Valckenierstraat 4 Netherlands

Telefon: (+381) 62 147 86 33 / 00-24h ( non stop )

When I asked their live-chat representative about this, mentioning I might give their office a visit before ordering as I happen to be from the Netherlands, I was told that that would be fine.

But then I had a look at Google Street View, and it would appear that the building at this address (which does not match the country of the phone number below it) is actually a rehabilitation/treatment clinic for people with severe mental disorders and heroin addicts.

The main entrance is at number 2, but Google Street View also shows the clinic's logo at number 4.

The Amsterdam city council's website says that this clinic was opened in May 2010, meaning it's been there for almost half a decade.
    Furthermore, the Amsterdam city council reports that this building on the Valckenierstraat has historically been a medical care facility for homeless illegal immigrants and other ineligible uninsured persons in Amsterdam.

This is consistent with the location being surrounded by ambulances in the Google Street View images (on the road and in a garage).

After I pointed this out to their live-chat representative, I was suddenly told that it was an old address of the owners' (apparently it hadn't been updated in 10 years, even though the domain this contact page is on wasn't even registered 9 years ago, let alone 10). Yet by all accounts, the building at their address (where I was expecting to find their corporate office) has been a care facility for the homeless, mentally ill and/or heroin addicts for a very long time.

I also asked how they were a Serbian company if they were registered in the Netherlands 10 years ago, when they claim on their website that they have been operating for 10 years. Surely that would make them a Dutch company, not a Serbian company? I have received no explanation.

I have a strong impression that there are two main possibilities here:

1. The address is fraudulent.
    2. The person (persons) running or owning this company is (are) current or former heroin addicts or homeless illegal immigrants housed at this facility.

Since my conversation with them, they have changed the address on the contact page to one in Serbia. Here's a screenshot of what the page looked like until yesterday:

Combined with the basically unbelievable prices and the fact that orders are only accepted if payment is made for 1-3 years in advance, I must say I'm very skeptical as to this company's long-term legitimacy.

I wish the $19/month offer ($15/month when pre-paying for 3 years) could be real, but to my knowledge, these prices cannot be offered at Hetzner without incurring considerable losses.

As such, would urge extreme caution.

At the same time, I would love to be convinced that I am wrong, as I would love to be able to confidently order one of these servers at these prices. If anyone has any useful information to add to this, I would love to hear it.

Thanked by 1MisterHost_NET
  • NL company without charging VAT and printing Serbian data on invoices.... welcome to tax fraud.

Thanked by 1RLvB
  • @RLvB said:
    I was about to order a dedicated server with UniWebHosting yesterday, thinking that if I paid by credit card I could always make a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (UK) if my server mysteriously disappeared before the end of the term I paid for (as the statute of limitations is 6 years in England & Wales), but then I realised they only accept credit cards through PayPal and 2CO, which would have made it quite a bit of a gamble.

So then I decided to look into this company a bit more before throwing hundreds of dollars at them.

I figured I could overlook the poor English since they are Serbians, but then I found that their "Contact us" page listed the following address/phone details:

At the same time, I would love to be convinced that I am wrong, as I would love to be able to confidently order one of these servers at these prices. If anyone has any useful information to add to this, I would love to hear it.

Thank you so much for all the research you've done. I'm truly amazed at how much info you've dug up. This reinforces my earlier scepticism and I'll see how this thread turns out further and I would love Uniwebhosting's response on this information too...

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited January 2015

William said: NL company without charging VAT and printing Serbian data on invoices.... welcome to tax fraud.

Idk if I posted it in this thread, but I read just recently that VAT has a threshold (35k-100kEUR turnover/yr, below that you don't need to pay/charge VAT). Not sure..

I suspected that the NL address is just a PO box, but this? hmm I mean the Serbian address was on the invoice... if it is correct. :P

• So this is the Street View of the address that they have on their website currently?

11000 Belgrade, Tosin Bunar 7, Serbia

• RLvBRLvB Member
    edited January 2015

@William said:
    NL company without charging VAT and printing Serbian data on invoices.... welcome to tax fraud.

Good point. I hadn't even thought of that.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Thank you so much for all the research you've done. I'm truly amazed at how much info you've dug up. This reinforces my earlier scepticism and I'll see how this thread turns out further and I would love Uniwebhosting's response on this information too...

You're welcome! I figured people ought to know these things before giving this company any money, as I was about to hand over $550 to them and probably would have had I not been a native speaker of the Dutch language and come across that page on the Amsterdam city council's website.

Maybe anyone who's already paid them money will want to use the money-back guarantee (which, based on previous replies in this thread, they appear to be honouring; of course, whether that's out of integrity or just to gain the trust of more potential customers, there's no way to know) based on this new information.

I posted the same information on WebHostingTalk before my account was approved here, and they replied there, sort of. I replied back. You can check it out here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1442960

@4n0nx said:
    Idk if I posted it in this thread, but I read just recently that VAT has a threshold (35k-100kEUR turnover/yr, below that you don't need to pay/charge VAT). Not sure..

>

I suspected that the NL address would be just a PO box, but this? hmm I mean the Serbian address was on the invoice... if it is correct. :P

It's actually up to individual countries to decide whether to allow that. I ran a business in the Netherlands before moving to the UK; here in the UK I do not have to register for or charge VAT since I'm below the earnings threshold, but in the Netherlands, every company and entrepreneur has to charge VAT (although low-earners, i.e. very small businesses, are kind of subsidised in that they get to keep the VAT that they are required to charge rather than having to pay it on to the government).

Their live-chat representative told me that the "1018XD Amsterdam, Valckenierstraat 4 Netherlands" address is their "formal address". And it certainly isn't a PO box. I'm pretty sure that means you need to charge VAT to EU customers, and file Dutch taxes.

@Amitz said:
    So this is the Street View of the address that they have on their website currently?

Yep. Not very reassuring.

• @4n0nx said:

This is true (for most of the EU in fact), however, then issuing Invoices on a Serbian address is still very questionable.

• William said: This is true (for most of the EU in fact), however, then issuing Invoices on a Serbian address is still very questionable.

But they are a Serbian company. >.> or so they say.

• @RLvB: maybe you could check with some admin over at WHT how they legitimated for becoming corporate member there - not that I suppose, they are doing larger background checks than looking at the payment after all ;-)

I only checked the address in belgrade before and found same streetview as stated already earlier... but as I am somewhat keeping faith even in small businesses, would not await shiny glossy bussiness buildings for some kind of reseller from serbia...
    ( when it comes to reality I think a lot of hosts even at LET doesn't have much to show off on their legal addresses ;-) )

the whole thing about their NL address is very interesting indeed and makes them loose trustworthiness for sure - thx for doing those research!

hopefully (for me and my money/server with them) it's a mix from all possible explanations and maybe something like the (former) owner of uniweb really did immigrate from serbia to netherlands and was therefore using this address for some time.

overall not very professional, but as long as they keep offering I've to be in good hope they can keep up with @Nyr's "ponzi scheme" for my service staying up long enough, LOL.

• @William said:
    This is true (for most of the EU in fact)

I'm sure it's true for a bunch of the member states, like the one I'm living in now. The Netherlands, however, is not one of them.

• @RLvB said:
    I'm sure it's true for a bunch of the member states, like the one I'm living in now. The Netherlands, however, is not one of them.

Thanks for the WHT link, quite interesting. It's not much of an explanation in all seriousness. It does make me doubt more and more the legitimacy of their offerings.

• LeeLee Veteran

Falzo said: maybe you could check with some admin over at WHT how they legitimated for becoming corporate member there

There are no checks, just pay your money and get the badge.

Thanked by 2Falzo RLvB
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2015

@Amitz said:
    So this is the Street View of the address that they have on their website currently?

What is the issue with the address/image?

• RLvBRLvB Member
    edited January 2015

@W1V_Lee said:
    What is the issue with the address/image?

On the plus side, unlike the last address, it's not a psychiatric/methadone clinic.

On the minus side, this address looks to be an old residential house that has been converted into a photocopy/office-supply shop which makes no mention of being home to a web hosting company called UniWebHosting, with surrounding walls covered in graffiti. The psychiatric/methadone clinic looked like it was in a far more reputable area.

To be fair, there could be a web hosting company being run inside that house / photocopy/office-supply shop. It's entirely possible. And I'm all for people setting up their own businesses and working from home.

Still, somehow I doubt that there is a web hosting company being run in there that's owned by a Dutchman who used to live in the psychiatric/methadone clinic building back when it was a shelter for homeless illegal immigrants.

I would expect that if there was, and it had struck such an amazing deal with Hetzner that it could offer such awesome dedicated servers at only $15/month while still turning a profit, it would be big enough to at least display its name or logo on the sign on its wall. Especially if it had been there for 10 years.

And even then, it would still be very puzzling that it was registered at the homeless shelter in Amsterdam when apparently it is a Serbian company and all the operations have always taken place in Serbia. I can sort of see the appeal for a Dutchman to set up a Serbian web hosting company inside this photocopy shop, but how could he afford it if he was a homeless illegal immigrant? And if all the support staff was in the Serbian photocopy shop, why wouldn't he just give the shop's address as the contact address on his web hosting company's website to begin with?

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • W1V_Lee said: What is the issue with the address/image?

They expected a 17th century palace :p

Who says it's real? Then again.. does it really matter? I just checked two of my VPS providers and one has no address information whatsoever, the other one only a PO box.