Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2015

@4n0nx said:
    Can't create sub robot accounts with regular account?

Nope. If they were just renting an individual server at a time, robot would look like this. My servers all hidden.

@rauppe31 - I could still add an EX40 through my master panel and create a sub account with it.

The colo cages are in DC 10 and 11 though. It's possible they have just wangled access to the master panel.

• W1V_Lee said: Nope. If they were just renting an individual server at a time, robot would look like this. My servers all hidden.

W1V_Lee said: I could still add an EX40 through my master panel and create a sub account with it.

So you can rent individual servers and create a sub account? o_o

My server is in DC 21 btw.

• LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: So you can rent individual servers and create a sub account? o_o

If you know how to, not saying you should or are supposed to :P

DC21 is only their equipment, sec....

Here you go, I knew there was a list somewhere.

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Rechenzentren_und_Anbindung/en

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@4n0nx said:
    So you can rent individual servers and create a sub account? o_o

It's possible on individual servers (Eg. if you added a third harddrive), but not on colocation servers.

• LeeLee Veteran

Well however they do it, they are doing it.

As long as people are happy with what they got and it remains online that is all that really matters.

Like I say, if anyone has issues I am sure we will know soon enough.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • by comparing robot panel access you seem to miss out that everyone who rented from uniweb only got access to a subsidiary robot account which is by far limited to only do some task to one special server. Therefore nothing like invoices or else can be seen there.

I have a direct account with hetzner too, which shows full access to everything and where I can give sub access to individual servers too, which than looks exactly that limited like the one I got for the server from uniweb.
    the point for this was only to get access to functionality like rescue, reboot and such ;-)

I don't think from that you can conclude much from this. But I have to admit, I am not thinking, that they're colocating, cause it's exactly saying EX40 in DC21, which matches with tracert:

10 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms core24.hetzner.de [213.239.203.182]
    11 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms ex9k1.rz21.hetzner.de [213.239.203.186]
    12 36 ms 36 ms 35 ms static.xxx.clients.your-server.de

maybe they paid in an amount of credit at hetzner which they deliver those services from, and for sure there is a risk, if they can't hold up to after the credit is gone...

but wouldn't that alone be much more, than a lot of summer hosts around here are doing by renting a single dedi as cheap as possible with as much IPs as possible to try and hit lowend market with offer like GVH? (which surprisingly stay in the market against all odds ;-))

just lets get over it, guessing around that much. ;-)

I'd just go with the easiest explanation: they are trying to get noticed/known and are willing to spend money into this by subsidizing their first clients and taking up with additional costs like corporate membership on WHT and such.

this sounds like a not so bad business plan to me, if calculated right. probably better than trying to get notized with a lot of annoying ads which no one see/reads/everyone is blocking away.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Falzo said:
    I'd just go with the easiest explanation: they are trying to get noticed/known and are willing to spend money into this by subsidizing their first clients and taking up with additional costs like corporate membership on WHT and such.

I'd go with an alternative theory: this is a Ponzi scheme.

• I'd just go with the easiest explanation: they are trying to get noticed/known and >> are willing to spend money into this by subsidizing their first clients and taking >> up with additional costs like corporate membership on WHT and such.

i have a feeling its this ..

• But this are VPS. Maybe they got a real good deal or oversell the nodes hard. But sell a server for 75% off then the owning company where I know resellers dont get better prices is not real for me.

• Nyr said: I'd go with an alternative theory: this is a Ponzi scheme.

yes, that for sure it can be and it's obviously the risky part this is all about. I am aware of and fine with my decision to give it a try anyways ;-)

• @Falzo said:

@Falzo .. you sound like me :) itching to try it
    i had to really try hard not to get a server with them :)

good luck tho man ..

• I have little to loose on this one. I tend to order services in advance and leaving them idling because of lacking time to really work on the idea/project behind... so the price paid is already depreciated. second I cancelled another service which has been around double the price (monthly), so its only a matter of time, when it may even reach the point to look like a gain afterall (not intended/calculated though).

• sepei said: But this are VPS. Maybe they got a real good deal or oversell the nodes hard. But sell a server for 75% off then the owning company where I know resellers dont get better prices is not real for me.

This is just talking in circles and you keep forgetting about the yearly payment, no VAT and reseller discount, which make -50% easily possible. Without "special deal with Hetzner" and without promotion to acquire customers.

• @4n0nx & @Falzo are you working for uniweb?

• LeeLee Veteran

@MisterHost_NET said:
    4n0nx & Falzo are you working for uniweb?

It would appear that they are clients defending their own position, which is fine, lets not drag this down or it will go south via the sink button.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@4n0nx keep dreaming, let us know when you get burned.

• @MisterHost_NET said:

Are you working for a competitor? Oh wait..

• If he pays good why not ;)

• @MisterHost_NET said:

what took you so long? at last someone asked... that sure is the point to end this discussion, as from now on, it wont get any better.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • MisterHost_NET said: If he pays good why not ;)

Is that what people say to your clients that are satisfied with your service?

• please update your website, afaik there has to be a legal imprint regarding to swiss laws.

otherwise one might think you have something to hide or are just a scam host and open threads on some boards about your trustworthiness :-P

• Falzo said: please update your website, afaik there has to be a legal imprint regarding to swiss laws.

otherwise one might think you have something to hide or are just a scam host and open threads on some boards about your trustworthiness :-P

Don't forget the whois protection. Seems like a real pleasant and legit provider alright.

• At my side is going everything as should be. Just do not trash here and rip the members with your 10 years domain. Cheers from me.

• MisterHost_NET said: At my side is going everything as should be.

You mean the "Live Chat Online" button that redirects to a contact form is working as intended?

MisterHost_NET said: Just do not trash here and rip the members with your 10 years domain. Cheers from me.

Like asking a customer giving his opinion "do you work for them" is not trashing?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2015

Folks, enough, thread has been sunk, it's just turning into a bun fight now.

Thanked by 2MisterHost_NET Falzo
  • The live chat will redirect to the script when there is someone who can answer the questions.

I have been also a customer of many companies but i have never posted so much like you and Falzo. My opinion is that the uniweb paid you some bucks to do it or you are working for them.

Its only my opinion anyway. But this is to fishy to me. 10 years no review huh... Will get back again when someone got burned.

• I dont think they get payed or work for them they just defend there believe on the offer

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited January 2015

MisterHost_NET said: The live chat will redirect to the script when there is someone who can answer the questions.

I have been also a customer of many companies but i have never posted so much like you and Falzo. My opinion is that the uniweb paid you some bucks to do it or you are working for them.

Its only my opinion anyway. But this is to fishy to me. 10 years no review huh... Will get back again when someone got burned.

I have never seen the live chat working in the past. Your defunct website (click on cart/"order now" twice lol) seems much more fishy than any other business possibly could.

There are plenty of reviews, did you even bother to read the thread?