Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• @sepei said:
    Why do you not have any quarterly offers?

@uniweb

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited January 2015

business company, we want only serious customers annually. And promotion is only active annually ( yearly reservation ). We had a three-month supply a month ago, but not anymore.

• I think the timline must no go to it's end -or?

• @uniweb said:
    business company, we want only serious customers annually. And promotion is only active annually.

A business company have in my opinion nothing todo with a yearly or quarterly paying.
    Also why should there on quarterly not beeing serious customers?

• if I have untaxed money, or money from illegal income, such as arms and drug trafficking, I love those years contracts! but now enough, dear business company may only payments for years, but I do not!

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited January 2015

IThinkUFailed said: Again, it's still very much luck that decides if you were to be refunded or not.

How is it luck when I asked and get told that VISA usually issues refunds in cases like that? You've got a bit too much negative energy in my humble opinion.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited January 2015

@sepei

Couldn't agree more... I pay for my web hosting monthly always have and I've been with my current hosting provider for over a year now I believe and I only moved due to my previous providers quality dropping dramatically.

I also pay my servers from OVH quarterly and yearly for two cheap ones. One of my oh servers is two years old. I also paid monthly for another dedicated server for over a year until I had no use for it. Does that mean I'm not a serious customer?

@4n0nx I disagree. I've already been hit by scam hosts when prepaying long terms and I've contacted my bank via the correct procedures and I've been refunded only for them to charge me for it again.

I just don't want to get messed about like I have done in the past. Maybe you feel I'm too negative but I just feel I'm protecting my money.

Oh and also keyword in your post "usually" meaning on occasion they won't. Maybe I've been the unlucky occasions though.

• LeeLee Veteran

It is not uncommon however for cheap deals to only be available on a yearly basis, commitment is important as is reduced payment charges and not having to switch servers about multiple customers.

Although I would not recommend signing up to a host you do not know or can't fully verify for that length of contract.

I think everyone is aware now of the various concerns raised, so it's now down to the individuals to make their own choice and for those that buy to keep us up to date.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • IThinkUFailed said: Does that mean I'm not a serious customer?

Like uniweb said and like I was told by support chat, they seem to get the servers with yearly reservation from Hetzner, so they also want to sell them with a yearly contract.

• @4n0nx said:
    they seem to get the servers with yearly reservation from Hetzner

How is this possible?

Hetzner bills you monthly, you can't pay for a whole year.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @4n0nx said:

Thats okay but when I asked Hetzner they told me first they have no business partners.
    Also they dont give really better prices on resellers and this makes me to stay away

• boernd said: How is this possible?
    Hetzner bills you monthly, you can't pay for a whole year.

Pls show me where it says that resellers can't pay for a whole year. >.>

• sepei said:

Thats okay but when I asked Hetzner they told me first they have no business partners. Also they dont give really better prices on resellers and this makes me to stay away

And when I asked them I was told that they can't disclose any business information and while it does sound really cheap, they don't know what agreements the reseller has with Hetzner.

• LeeLee Veteran

@4n0nx said:
    Pls show me where it says that resellers can't pay for a whole year. >.>

You can credit a years worth of payments with Hetzner however they will still only bill and deduct from the credit monthly.

They are not offering anyone reseller programs or discounts (unless corp) and that is from my account manager at Hetzner.

• W1V_Lee said: They are not offering anyone reseller programs or discounts They are not offering anyone reseller programs or discounts

Their terms mention resellers. o.O

https://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/legal/agb

• LeeLee Veteran

@4n0nx said:

Indeed, however that is a contractual clause that covers you as a customer leasing a server from them and selling services from it as well as reselling servers themselves. So whilst they are fine with reselling servers they don't actually have a program for resellers.

On a side note, people are saying they have a server with a E3-1246 v3, I have never seen them advertise that CPU anywhere, so I am wondering if they are colo clients, because that would make absolute sense.

To be honest I am more confused than ever, I really think it's a language barrier.

• @W1V_Lee Ditto, language barrier doesn't help. The fact that they use Hetzner's panel makes me think that they're just leasing - unless that's an option available for their colo clients.

They could have a special agreement, or perhaps an RTO deal. Via skype @uniweb said they had 70+ servers with Hetzner (this was 2-3 weeks ago), which would suggest a couple racks - and that could easily lead to discounts. Who knows, really.

If there was some quarterly pricing, at a higher price, I'd be more inclined to try. Even $90-100/quarter would be good deal for these - I'll gamble $100 but not $250.

• LeeLee Veteran

mikeyur said: unless that's an option available for their colo clients

You do get your own robot access as a colo customer.

The easy way to find out is if someone who has robot access logs in, and look in the top left, do you see this image >

Click on invoices and see if there is anything there.

• @4n0nx Can you check what @W1V_Lee just posted if you got a second, just curious.

• W1V_Lee said: So whilst they are fine with reselling servers they don't actually have a program for resellers.

The dude I talked to on the phone kind of implied that they do. To me the terms sound specific for resellers and not individuals that order many servers.

W1V_Lee said: n a side note, people are saying they have a server with a E3-1246 v3, I have never seen them advertise that CPU anywhere, so I am wondering if they are colo clients, because that would make absolute sense.

In my experience it is very common to get a different CPU that is better than the one advertised when ordering a dedicated server. Maybe they just got them for less than the i7, or had them lying around who knows.. they have 21 data centers after all. o.O

• mikeyur said: @4n0nx Can you check what @W1V_Lee just posted if you got a second, just curious.

All I see is:

Main functions
        Servers
        Traffic statistics
    Support
        FAQ

• LeeLee Veteran

Yeah, that solves it, colo.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@W1V_Lee said:

I don't think so.

A picture says more than 1000 words:

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • @W1V_Lee said:

Can't create sub robot accounts with regular account?

• I mean I was told numerous times that the servers have no traffic limit (no 30TB limit), so they would have to be special somehow, right?

edited January 2015

@4n0nx said:
    I mean I was told numerous times that the servers have no traffic limit (no 30TB limit), so they would have to be special somehow, right?

They aren't special. It's a normal EX40 from Hetzner. I know someone who also got an Intel Xeon CPU with the EX40.

Thanked by 1pk520
  • rauppe31 said: They aren't special. It's a normal EX40 from Hetzner. I know someone who also have got an Intel Xeon CPU with the EX40.

But if it was just an individual buying servers and reselling them, the servers would have the 30TB traffic limit.

edited January 2015

The servers have a limit of 30TB. I see this in robot.your-server.de:

EX40 (30 TB) #38XXXX

• rauppe31 said: The servers have a limit of 30TB. I see this in robot.your-server.de:

EX40 (30 TB) #38XXXX

It says that but uniweb confirmed at least 3 times that the servers have no traffic limit.

@4n0nx said:
    It says that but uniweb confirmed at least 3 times that the servers have no traffic limit.

I don't want to try uploading 30TB :D