Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• Not a sudden, we are in Serbia had earlier very good price, and we did not disappear, do not worry, we will not disappear, and will for many many years, we accept payment via paypal and legally 2CO for 10 years, and we do not want to have any negative minuses. We do business legally and properly. Be assured of that. Company policies.

• @uniweb said:
    Not a sudden, we are in Serbia had earlier very good price, and we did not disappear, do not worry, we will not disappear, and will for many many years, we accept payment via paypal and legally 2CO for 10 years, and we do not want to have any negative minuses. We do business legally and properly. Be assured of that. Company policies.

Well it seems that your business suddenly got some real popularity recently which makes it seem like you came out of nowhere. I just want to be careful with my money.

• nocomnocom Member
    edited January 2015

This:
    ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL CONTINUE TO RENEW and will continue DELIVERING USER ACCOUNT FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IF USER NOT CONFIRMED BY PHONE

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.uniwebhosting.com/pdf/uslovikoriscenja.pdf&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=null

BTW uniwebhosting really exist and work last 10 years,reviews over internet are mixed
    , uniwebhosting forum from 2011, internet posts from 2006

http://forum.uniwebhosting.com/index.php?action=stats

• IThinkUFailed said: I am still hoping this is legit and if so, I would be happy to take the plunge but I honestly don't feel happy dropping $228 on a server that might be gone in a few weeks, again this might not happen but still the risk is there.

Do you not find it calming that a person in this thread has received a refund? You mean maybe that was just a trick to get even more money? ;D

You should take a look at the most recent special offer from MyRSK and BoltVM. No clue how they break even, but BoltVM has been great so far...

• @4n0nx said:
    You should take a look at the most recent special offer from MyRSK and BoltVM. No clue how they break even, but BoltVM has been great so far...

I didn't say anything about tricks. I just find it strange how this business model can be sustained for several years. As others have said maybe it's a loss maker for more advertisement... I don't find it calming that somebody got a refund as I don't know if that attitude will last...

I'm just wanting to wait it out, I've already lost a fair share of money to scam hosts and I don't want to lose more to another. (Again I am not saying they are scamming I am just sharing my thoughts...)

• LeeLee Veteran

IThinkUFailed said: Well it seems that your business suddenly got some real popularity recently which makes it seem like you came out of nowhere. I just want to be careful with my money.

And sometimes that is the way to get out there and become popular. I do still have doubts however language does seem to be a bit of a barrier here which may be causing part of the issue.

Worth watching, in a good way.

• IThinkUFailed said: I didn't say anything about tricks. I just find it strange how this business model can be sustained for several years. As others have said maybe it's a loss maker for more advertisement... I don't find it calming that somebody got a refund as I don't know if that attitude will last...

? They have only entered the dedicated server market recently.

I have never had to charge back money, but I assume it is very easy?

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited January 2015

@W1V_Lee said:
    Worth watching, in a good way.

Couldn't agree more with the last part if it lasts that is.

• nocom said: This: ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL CONTINUE TO RENEW and will continue DELIVERING USER ACCOUNT FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IF USER NOT CONFIRMED BY PHONE

Idk what that means, but I think you can just cancel online in WHMCS.

• @4n0nx said:
    I have never had to charge back money, but I assume it is very easy?

Any non physical purchases via PayPal (ie Digital services such as gift codes, CD keys for games and webhosting) is not covered and counts as an automatic loss in most cases.

I contacted 2Checkout who said that "Any issues with the product will need to be dealt with by you and the seller" so they do not want to protect you either.

• IThinkUFailed said: I contacted 2Checkout who said that "Any issues with the product will need to be dealt with by you and the seller" so they do not want to protect you either.

I always thought in case of fraud you would only have to fill out a form from your bank, they will send it to VISA/etc. and you'll get your money back...?

Yeah Paypal has this intangible goods policy.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2015

4n0nx said: I always thought in case of fraud you would only have to fill out a form from your bank, they will send it to VISA/etc. and you'll get your money back...?

probably not. because it's not fraud to your credit card at all.
    if someone charges your credit card without your permission, this would be covered indeed, but in this case you by yourself acknowledged the transaction.
    this will be regardless if there are additional businesses involved like 2CO or PP...

• You need to cancel service with phone call

Google translate
    ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL CONTINUE TO RENEW and will continue DELIVERING USER ACCOUNT FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IF USER NOT CONFIRMED BY PHONE information broadcast in the notice of termination AS WHAT IS DISCLOSED IN EXCESS In paragraph 3 of Article

rtf tos

no big deal or ..

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited January 2015

@4n0nx said:
    I always thought in case of fraud you would only have to fill out a form from your bank, they will send it to VISA/etc. and you'll get your money back...?

>

Yeah Paypal has this intangible goods policy.

The bank would then communicate with PayPal and in most cases side with PayPal. Besides as @Falzo said it's not fraud... So as theres very little protection I'm very reserved with spending my money on hosting companies with no reviews at all or not many reviews in this case.

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited January 2015

@nocom

It is tos of the ex planet ( softlayer ), now we have cooperation with Hetzner, and give tos by Hetzner, which applies to us.

• client stated that he received their money, and you can pay directly by credit card via 2CO, very reliable for any refund.

• Cancellation and refuniranje money goes online via ticket, not over the phone. The phone is not required.

• Why do you not have any quarterly offers?

• Falzo said: probably not. because it's not fraud to your credit card at all. if someone charges your credit card without your permission, this would be covered indeed, but in this case you by yourself acknowledged the transaction. this will be regardless if there are additional businesses involved like 2CO or PP...

IThinkUFailed said: The bank would then communicate with PayPal and in most cases side with PayPal. Besides as @Falzo said it's not fraud... So as theres very little protection I'm very reserved with spending my money on hosting companies with no reviews at all or not many reviews in this case.

I just called my bank. :-) If I do not receive a product or service that I purchased with my VISA credit card, and the seller refuses to give me a refund, I will be able to ask VISA for a refund. There is no guarantee for a refund, but apparently it is likely. I should file a police report and send it along with the refund request. There is no specific time frame for it.

• @4n0nx said:
    I just called my bank. :-) If I do not receive a product or service that I purchased with my VISA credit card, and the seller refuses to give me a refund, I will be able to ask VISA for a refund. There is no guarantee for a refund, but apparently it is likely. I should file a police report and send it along with the refund request. There is no specific time frame for it.

But you received it. Maybe just not the timeframe you purchased

• @uniweb

http://www.uniwebhosting.com/panel/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

where is the tos?

if say: will continue DELIVERING USER ACCOUNT FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IF USER NOT CONFIRMED BY PHONE information broadcast in the notice of termination - that mean that dedicated server will auto renew until i call you to your mobile phone

uniweb said: Cancellation and refuniranje money goes online via ticket, not over the phone. The phone is not required.

please update tos
    Thank you

• sepei said: But you received it. Maybe just not the timeframe you purchased

Very funny. :p I mentioned yearly subscriptions and deliveries from far away that might take ages and he said it should not be a problem, but there is no guarantee in any case as the decision is in the hands of VISA alone.

• @sepei said:
    Why do you not have any quarterly offers?

First post of the thread says they did offer quarterly. I also saw it somewhere else, but can't find it anymore.

• Again, it's still very much luck that decides if you were to be refunded or not. They might even say that you received the product and that it just didn't last as long as you expected it to and if they don't really understand the idea of virtual goods might think "Hang on, this is a bit... fishy."

I asked them if they had any offers on a monthly recurring basis with low pricing, obviously not as low as the 12 month pre-pay but all they said was "no years reservation only"

• LeeLee Veteran

IThinkUFailed said: Again, it's still very much luck that decides if you were to be refunded or not.

Has there been anyone advising they have not refunded when asked?

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Again, it's still very much luck that decides if you were to be refunded or not. They might even say that you received the product and that it just didn't last as long as you expected it to and if they don't really understand the idea of virtual goods might think "Hang on, this is a bit... fishy."

I asked them if they had any offers on a monthly recurring basis with low pricing, obviously not as low as the 12 month pre-pay but all they said was "no years reservation only"

Yeah thats what I dont get. Why only yearly reservation. Even if its compared to this more expensive no one would say anything

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    Has there been anyone advising they have not refunded when asked?

Sorry I'm new to the quote system. I was referring to VISA's refunds. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • I'd say time will show, if @uniweb can keep up to their promise and if this offer could be sustainable in whatever way. at least we should leave 'em the chance to prove...

I have taken the gamble to try out and will keep this up to date, as far as there is anything to mention - good or bad. and I promise to not complain about not being warned or couldn't had known about no risks ;-)

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @Falzo said:
    I'd say time will show, if uniweb can keep up to their promise and if this offer could be sustainable in whatever way. at least we should leave 'em the chance to prove...

I have taken the gamble to try out and will keep this up to date, as far as there is anything to mention - good or bad. and I promise to not complain about not being warned or couldn't had known about no risks ;-)

I really do hope it works out for you and even if nobody else is interested, I'm always interested about knowing about good and bad hosts.

• uniwebuniweb Member
    edited January 2015

@nocom said:
    You need to cancel service with phone call

Google translate
    ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL CONTINUE TO RENEW and will continue DELIVERING USER ACCOUNT FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IF USER NOT CONFIRMED BY PHONE information broadcast in the notice of termination AS WHAT IS DISCLOSED IN EXCESS In paragraph 3 of Article

rtf tos

no big deal or ..

update in progress.