Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• their twitter page just went offline as well. it was working all day today.

• AzaAza Member

Well their server just came back up around 21:45 (Americas/New York DST) on 3/31/15 and they posted a note on Web Hosting Talk saying:

Dear, No no hdd is down and dns zone. Now is uniwebhosting online all servers will now start working, and you will receive benefits and bonuses, free months. thank you Sent from my iPhone 6

The server we leased for UniWebHosting is not back up as of this writing. It is odd, however, that a HDD failure on uniwebhosting.com would take down a foreign dedicated server -- even if the servers are collocated in the same data center.

Thus far our leased dedicated server has been down for about 14 hours. We've had the same sorts of massive outages at established server farms like GNAX in Atlanta before they went to cloud stuff and when the Lightnet trunk went down on the East Coast of the US.

Time will tell in UniWebHosting's case -- but it would be reassuring if they were a bit more transparent...

Aza

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Aza said: Dear, No no hdd is down and dns zone. Now is uniwebhosting online all servers will now start working, and you will receive benefits and bonuses, free months. thank you Sent from my iPhone 6

I wonder how that will work since I have no server in my account that free months could be added to.

Support has been pretty much non existent over the past month or so (ticket as well as live chat), some servers were randomly taken away and now my(all?) server(s) is(are) blocked (or rather: My IPs are). Furthermore, traffic apparently is not unlimited. (?)

Btw: The Hetzner wiki page about blocked servers:

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Leitfaden_bei_Serversperrung/en

You may guess what was the most likely reason for all servers to be blocked.

I had daily 1-click backups so I could easily migrate everything and now I see no reason to move back.

(((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Provider

My server is still locked in the robot panel :(

• FalzoFalzo Member

I'd say: don't expect anything on those hetzner-servers coming back on. as far as one can see the domain uniwebhosting.com now resolves to a server/ip in the range of softlayer.com

teo jovanovic is probably not only taking down his twitter account, but all other things on skype, facebook and such too, everyone who will take a look or save it before it's gone: https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhost?fref=ts and his former support/live chat: https://www.facebook.com/lidija.stojmirovic.7?pnref=story

as said I do not complain about, all who warned before probably had been right ;-) sad to say, that again we may learn (or not) that just keeping up faith and giving trust in advance, doesn't work out in most cases.

now filing a chargeback with paypal, as I think chances are rather low that there will be any service again or at least an honest (partial) refund.

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month and cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers
    Netcup KVM: 2GB 40TB BW - 16,14€ 6m or 2 dedCore 6GB 320GB - 78,88€ 12m /w 5€ off: 36nc15222153923 - 36nc15222153928

• Yep looks to me that its been a 1/2 man show this whole time, site username is teoj as seen from their panel page. "Site error: the file /home/teoj/public_html/panel/clientarea.php". I'm not sure how other companies host sites but I'm doubtful its in the name of their tech support agent. Any benefit from us all charge backing at once? Or shall I just wait a couple more days?

• Hopefully this forum permits other forum links? On WHT their ad says promo ends April 7 so it sounds about right for everyone's servers to die about now (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9410377#post9410377)

• LeeLee Member

zhable said: Any benefit from us all charge backing at once?

There is more benefit getting in before everyone else.

It's better to keep your mouth closed, and let everyone wonder if you're stupid; than to open it and remove all doubt.

• May I ask how will you all request charge back? I mean what will you mention in the comments to paypal? I'm asking because I think it's best to all write about the same thing. Will you mention this forum, any resources to provide them etc?

• I would probably give PayPal/2co/bank a call and go over your options. I always found talking to people can get things done much faster and usually your money back. Best of luck to all.

Thanked by 1spiritfly
  • spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

After writing lines of whatnot on their skype, I managed to hold on them at their live support and they appologized 100 times and convinced me that it's really not their fault and it got completely out of their control. Apparently Hetzner blocked all of their servers without any prior notice and they are extremely pissed off at Hetzner as well. They told me that they most certainly won't block their servers themselves and all of their shared hosting clients which they claim they have a lot. And so they are working full steam to get new servers on a new location which would be either US or Netherlands, the clients will be able to choose. They apologized and said they weren't able to respond because all their shared clients were also trying to get a hold of them and it was a real mess there.. I don't want to be in their shoes. But they convinced me that they will resolve this till the end of this day or the very least tomorrow morning.

I know I said this once, but they seem convincing to me. I will wait till tomorrow and see if they fix things or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to convince anyone in anything. I'm just reporting here the chat I had just now and you proceed as you wish. Don't kill the messenger!

Thanked by 2zhable rauppe31
  • @spiritfly said: After writing lines of whatnot on their skype, I managed to hold on them at their live support and they appologized 100 times and convinced me that it's really not their fault and it got completely out of their control. Apparently Hetzner blocked all of their servers without any prior notice and they are extremely pissed off at Hetzner as well. They told me that they most certainly won't block their servers themselves and all of their shared hosting clients which they claim they have a lot. And so they are working full steam to get new servers on a new location which would be either US or Netherlands, the clients will be able to choose. They apologized and said they weren't able to respond because all their shared clients were also trying to get a hold of them and it was a real mess there.. I don't want to be in their shoes. But they convinced me that they will resolve this till the end of this day or the very least tomorrow morning.

I know I said this once, but they seem convincing to me. I will wait till tomorrow and see if they fix things or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to convince anyone in anything. I'm just reporting here the chat I had just now and you proceed as you wish. Don't kill the messenger!

Thanks for the update I think I'll wait then for my refund, I'm probably at the bottom of their list of things to do

• AzaAza Member

@spiritfly said: May I ask how will you all request charge back?

In the US one can challenge a fraudulent credit card transaction after the fact. Call the number on the back of the card and ask how to challenge a charge. Oddly your rights will vary from State to State. In some States you have up to one month to rescind an agreement.

However, as a practical matter, one's ability to cancel a fraudulent credit card transaction depends on whether or not the credit card company can and will seize any current transactions to refund past transactions. In other words, once your charge is disbursed to Uniwebhosting all the credit card company can do is seize a subsequent transaction to refund your transaction. Naturally this can cascade so the credit card companies are very unlikely to refund a disbursed transaction.

That said, some credit cards come with insurance against fraudulent transactions. I suspect the insurance is limited to domestic transaction -- and fraud is a bitch to prove in an international transaction like this where the vendor insists they are trying to resolve the problem.

Finally, none of us has enough money at stake to warrant litigation. Corporations rarely authorize domestic interstate litigation to recover sums under US$80,000. International litigation never pays below US$1M unless something like the EX-IM bank (now in its death throes) is in the middle. Frankly, the reluctance to litigate makes sense since litigators earn upwards of US$600 per hour of court time and depositions can cost a fortune -- particularly when the entity bringing the suit has to travel to the respondent for depositions long before any trial is likely.

Truth is the best outcome for greedy bargain seekers like us (that was an attempt at humor that includes me) would be for UniWebHosting to survive.

"Never saw a winner that didn't bet..." (from they lyrics of "Smoke Smoke That Cigarette" by Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen)

Regards,

Aza

• @spiritfly said: After writing lines of whatnot on their skype, I managed to hold on them at their live support and they appologized 100 times and convinced me that it's really not their fault and it got completely out of their control. Apparently Hetzner blocked all of their servers without any prior notice and they are extremely pissed off at Hetzner as well. They told me that they most certainly won't block their servers themselves and all of their shared hosting clients which they claim they have a lot. And so they are working full steam to get new servers on a new location which would be either US or Netherlands, the clients will be able to choose. They apologized and said they weren't able to respond because all their shared clients were also trying to get a hold of them and it was a real mess there.. I don't want to be in their shoes. But they convinced me that they will resolve this till the end of this day or the very least tomorrow morning.

This is exactly what scammers do, make multitude excuses (once you are able to corner them) claiming they had no control, etc. They do this to string you along as far as possible to prevent you filing claims and charging back. Moving to a new dc will just see the cycle repeat.

Don't forget the email from Hetzner a few weeks ago, imo the only thing that would cause that to change is non-payment. You pre-paid what, 2-3 years, they have only paid hetzner a few months. And now when you try to contact them they claim their shared clients are causing them to not respond? Bullshit.

The offer was a scam to begin with, and you are now seeing the result. The address descrepancies, the non-answers to legitimate questions, let alone the completely unsustainable pricing they have offered for months now should have been enough to stay away.

Thanked by 2NeoXiD boernd
  • LeeLee Member

spiritfly said: know I said this once, but they seem convincing to me.

So this company that was a long time fan of Hetzner who nothing but good things to say about them and Hetzner of them, all of a sudden has their account shut down with everything in it and they are now moving with no real explanation.

You are easy to convince or perhaps your head is too far buried.

It's better to keep your mouth closed, and let everyone wonder if you're stupid; than to open it and remove all doubt.

• AmitzAmitz Moderator
    edited April 2015

Community Rules | Rules for selling | LET Support Desk
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

Thanked by 2FrankZ cassa
  • Well it seems like they've gone unresponsive again now, so it turns out I was the only sucker around here. So let me first apologize to all of you here because I was trying to convince you in something that had clear indications it's a scam. You knew those scheme signs well all along, but I wasn't that much aware about them.

Now I've opened up a case with 2checkout. Hopefully they will resolve this case. The bad thing for me, however is, that I didn't have a backup of the data I had there. And it's clear that they won't be returning the data. I will suffer terrible consequences mostly because I cannot recover my data and then the funds.

• LeeLee Member

spiritfly said: so it turns out I was the only sucker around here

No you were just one of very many.

• @Lee said: No you were just one of very many.

And you was the person who tried to protect them in this thread:

@Lee said: Show me where there is fraud?

What's now ?

@Lee said: I take it you can't prove any fraud in that case, that is all you had to say.

It's enough now ?

Reality does hurt!

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Falzo and @4n0nx are you the part of this "uni crap scheme"?? You was bumping this thread everyday so the people can see the offer. You guys ripped many users here.

Buy Site Ads - Advertising Platform

• AmitzAmitz Moderator
    edited April 2015

BuyAds said: @Falzo and @4n0nx are you the part of this "uni crap scheme"?? You was bumping this thread everyday so the people can see the offer. You guys ripped many users here.

And the typical LET Aftershow Party begins...

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Let's not try to blame anyone else but UniWebHosting here. There may have been some unreasonable posts here, but let's keep in mind why this is happening in the first place and who the main culprit is. And let us focus on getting what's ours instead of arguing for past events.

I suggest anyone who did the purchase through 2checkout to file a claim about it. Usually if there are multiple complaints on 2checkout the seller gets an instant ban.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Provider

@spiritfly How can I do a chargeback through 2checkout?

• I guess uniwebhosting already claimed all the more. Since the owner is a person in Serbia, he will also not see many consequences. It's now up to 2checkout whether they want to take the loss or not. I guess most of the refund cases will be denied by them.

And thanks to all the people that supported this scam (I look at you LET moderators).

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• AmitzAmitz Moderator
    edited April 2015

tr1cky said: And thanks to all the people that supported this scam (I look at you LET moderators).

What are you looking for? People who think for you? Use your own brain - It was not hard to detect the possible scam here...

Everyone in this thread who ordered servers at uniwebhosting are solely resposible themselves for putting bargain before brain. Do not blame others for your own greed. That's just gross!

• LeeLee Member
    edited April 2015

alexvolk said: It's enough now ?

tr1cky said: and thanks to all the people that supported this scam (I look at you LET moderators).

What do you want? The concerns were raised all the way through this thread. No matter what was said all the magpies see a deal too good to be true and fuck all the risks, warnings and proceed to buy.

If this thread had been locked, deleted or whatever LET would be accused of being impartial. Only when it goes wrong do you then look to blame people.

as @Amitz has said. Use your brain, it's really not hard.

Anyone who thought they were going to get those specs of server for $19 per month were already going to lose something.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@BuyAds said: Falzo and 4n0nx are you the part of this "uni crap scheme"?? You was bumping this thread everyday so the people can see the offer. You guys ripped many users here.

LOL. Geh zurück mit Deinen Sandförmchen spielen und komm wieder, wenn Du lesen gelernt hast.

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month and cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers
    Netcup KVM: 2GB 40TB BW - 16,14€ 6m or 2 dedCore 6GB 320GB - 78,88€ 12m /w 5€ off: 36nc15222153923 - 36nc15222153928

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • AmitzAmitz Moderator

@Falzo said: LOL. Geh zurück mit Deinen Sandförmchen spielen und komm wieder, wenn Du lesen gelernt hast.

That was German.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • AmitzAmitz Moderator

@BuyAds said: Jo un spo luj me ato loja qe 25 vjet valla. Shih ti bo naj gomar me ato format qe je tuj lujt.

That looks like Albanian.

Thanked by 2BuyAds Falzo
  • sumosumo Member
    edited April 2015

When I called 2Checkout in January to ask for about my refund, I was told me that one was not initiated, but they offered to contact Uniweb on my behalf. I also asked 2Checkout what options do I have if Uniweb doesn't reply or refund my server. I was told that the only other option would be to raise a dispute through my credit card (or Paypal).

Edit: A refund was ultimately issued without further issues, but that was back in January.

• sepeisepei Member

@sumo said: When I called 2Checkout in January to ask for about my refund, I was told me that one was not initiated, but they offered to contact Uniweb on my behalf. I also asked 2Checkout what options do I have if Uniweb doesn't reply or refund my server. I was told that the only other option would be to raise a dispute through my credit card (or Paypal).

See I told in this thread often that 2Checkout dont get your money back

• sumosumo Member
    edited April 2015

@sepei said: See I told in this thread often that 2Checkout dont get your money back

In my case, I did get a refund, but that three months ago.

The only additional thing they seemed to do was contact Uniweb. Not sure if they would handle disputes/chargebacks any other way. But, the payment of choice - credit card or PayPal can hopefully help those left with disconnected servers. So if you're looking to dispute your payment, do it ASAP. There are probably time limitations imposed by your credit card and/or PayPal.

• NomadNomad Member

They are an unknown company from Serbia. They are selling servers cheaper than the original seller, they want yearly payments. And they go a-wall soon after. And people ask, it was a really cheap offer from an unknown company, why did this happen?

Sure, except the buyer, mods and everyone else here is to blame.

I never turn down help on improving my Nginx Configuration Template ;)
    NameSilo.com coupons: CheapDoms or Discounted

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

After some tweeting with a few Serbians who also got dedicated from them Teo from UniWebHosting emailed me and he basically said the same thing. I will try to translate his email word to word:

I am employed at UniWebHosting, I am not responsible and I didn't know the situation.

No one ever wanted this or planned it, our servers are all blocked as well. If we knew anything beforehand we wouldn't let them block whats ours.

*****GERMAN NAME***** *****HIS STATUS*****

Hetzner Online AG Industriestr. 25 91710 Gunzenhausen

We are currently in contact with the gentlemen above and solving everything. Everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server. But everyone that needs a refund can most certainly get it.

• Not sure how this is going to pan out, I already started the dispute process

• @Lee said: What do you want? The concerns were raised all the way through this thread. No matter what was said all the magpies see a deal too good to be true and fuck all the risks, warnings and proceed to buy.

You were a moderator and you simply supported them. When I said it's definitely fraud you said to **** off in this thread.

Reality does hurt!

• RhysRhys Banned
    edited April 2015

@spiritfly said: After some tweeting with a few Serbians who also got dedicated from them Teo from UniWebHosting emailed me and he basically said the same thing. I will try to translate his email word to word:

We are currently in contact with the gentlemen above and solving everything. Everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server. But everyone that needs a refund can most certainly get it.

They don't intend on refunding anyone. Me and another person who I'm assuming is serbian has been blocked by their twitter page when asking about the status of our tickets.

Received an email from 2checkout which has also been sent to uniweb.

Dear Uni Web Hosting Inc.,

The following notes have been added to your account. Please review this information and take corrective action, if needed by: as soon as possible.

Details: Sale Number: 10546709**** The buyer for this order has contacted us stating they have attempted to reach out to you, but have not been able to reach you. We request that you contact the buyer regarding their support request. We appreciate your diligence in this matter.

• LeeLee Member

alexvolk said: When I said it's definitely fraud

What you said was entirely conjecture. It's all well and good you waving your willy about now saying "I told you so" but since November last year people have been raising concern and caution.

Take a good read through the thread before throwing your BS about. I supported them in no way whatsoever. I simply attempted to prevent the LET standard of shouting things like "fraud" before there was any proof of such an act.

And up to this point there is still no fraud, so you definitely do not know that.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • SpiritSpirit Disabled

alexvolk said: You were a moderator and you simply supported them.

@alexvolk ah, come on. It was just matter of discussion and guessing. All data was here and up to every individual if he's willing to take a risk or not.

Everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server.

That sound very realistic, indeed :)

• cassacassa Member, Provider

And in the mean time, they're still selling servers.

ik moet poepen

• RhysRhys Banned

Billing panel now has user/password auth.

• @Lee Can I give you the name of that Hetzner contact they said they have been in contact with to ask him if this is true or not? I know Hetzner had become a bit defensive and locked since you all criticized them for releasing information about a client, but maybe you, with the authority you have, can persuade him into telling you at least if that is true with a simple yes/no ?

• LeeLee Member

@spiritfly said: Lee Can I give you the name of that Hetzner contact they said they have been in contact with to ask him if this is true or not? I know Hetzner had become a bit defensive and locked since you all criticized them for releasing information about a client, but maybe you, with the authority you have, can persuade him into telling you at least if that is true with a simple yes/no ?

PM me the details and I will call them.

• LeeLee Member

I have also emailed their product director to see if he can offer any kind of information.

• AmitzAmitz Moderator

Do not expect an answer before next Tuesday. It's public holiday in Germany.

• @Amitz said: Do not expect an answer before next Tuesday. It's public holiday in Germany.

I think it's Easter for all of us in the EU.

• LeeLee Member

@Amitz said: Do not expect an answer before next Tuesday. It's public holiday in Germany.

Yup, not that I am affected by this, just trying to help.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • RhysRhys Banned

Twitter account is gone (again).

• It seems like they are replying to customers on facebook. Their last reply to a customer was an hour ago. https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhosting (See latest's post comment)

Looking for a remote support position: Click Here

• AmitzAmitz Moderator
    edited April 2015

It's nearly funny how they changed their profile picture on Facebook at the end of February:

https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhosting/photos/a.469386757867.281313.115254172867/10153257899147868/?type=1

weekend, 00-24 live support online. equipment for our operators: Macbook Pro Retina , iPhone 6.

Look! We bought lots of nice Apple stuff. From your money! Hehe...

Thanked by 1NeoXiD