Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Dedicated Server 1TB HDD, Unmetered BW, over 2GB RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Dedicated Server 1TB HDD, Unmetered BW, over 2GB RAM

michaelphanmichaelphan Member
edited December 2014 in Requests

Hi,

I'm running a free image hosting website. It has more than 500k images and take about 30TB/month out bound traffic (and this number is increasing).

I Need Dedicated Server 1TB HDD, Unmetered BW, over 2GB RAM.

The website service is free (just make a very little income from google adsense) so I''' very appreciated if some provider could offer me a cheap dedicated server.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Comments

• http://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/
    Will work well for you.

Thanked by 2comXyz michaelphan
  • Kimsufi, I can't think of anyone else who would could do that much bandwidth for cheap. Have you tried putting cloudflare on your site with caching to reduce bandwidth usage?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Kimsufi, I can't think of anyone else who would could do that much bandwidth for cheap. Have you tried putting cloudflare on your site with caching to reduce bandwidth usage?

Absolutely, and with DDoS protection.

• Or online.net, 1Gbps unlimited bandwidth.

• @all: I've tried cloudflare but they block my domain because my website use too much bandwitdth. They ask for upgrade to $200/month - very high price for me.
    I've also ordered KS2 at kumsufi but, after send verification email for a day still not receive any reply from them.

• AronAron Member
    edited December 2014

@michaelphan said:
    all: I've tried cloudflare but they block my domain because my website use too much bandwitdth. They ask for upgrade to $200/month - very high price for me.
    I've also ordered KS2 at kumsufi but, after send verification email for a day still not receive any reply from them.

It usually takes a few days. They'll verify your account manually.

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Have you tried putting cloudflare on your site with caching to reduce bandwidth usage?

Like the guy said. If you use too much bandwidth they will just stop caching your images and ask you to upgrade. They only cache like a "normal" amount of images not a lot.

To op: online.net will exceed your expectations, I'm sure.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited December 2014

@michaelphan said:
    all: I've tried cloudflare but they block my domain because my website use too much bandwitdth. They ask for upgrade to $200/month - very high price for me.

>

Then how could you solve it bro? Or you had to leave CloudFlare?

• michaelphanmichaelphan Member
    edited December 2014

@c1bl said:
    @michaelphan said: all: I've tried cloudflare but they block my domain because my website
    use too much bandwitdth. They ask for upgrade to $200/month - very high price for me.

They said that they will manual check my website within 5~7 business days but after 10 days there is nothing change so I leave. Now I'm eating up my VPS bandwidth, I think my VPS will be suspended in the middle of this month without help. Just a free image hosting website https://www.upsieutoc.com <~ it is here.

• @Gadelhas said:
    To op: online.net will exceed your expectations, I'm sure.

I think KS2's price is more suitable for me. I will wait for them to verify my account.

Thanked by 1Gadelhas
  • What is your actual traffic per month?

• @MarkTurner said:
    What is your actual traffic per month?

as I said:

about 30TB/month out bound traffic (and this number is increasing)

• @michaelphan - thanks and what is your monthly budget?

• @MarkTurner said:
    michaelphan - thanks and what is your monthly budget?

$24/m

• I think that Kimsufi option is probably the only thing in your budget.

• If you're already using 30TB a month and that number's increasing, Online.net's Dedibox XC sounds like the best option. With Kimsufi you only have about 10% room for growth (100Mbps = 33TB/month).

The setup fee for Online.net is higher, but you can use a ton more bandwidth (usually way above the guaranteed amount since it's a 1Gbps port).

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • @Dylan said:
    If you're already using 30TB a month and that number's increasing, Online.net's Dedibox XC sounds like the best option. With Kimsufi you only have about 10% room for growth (100Mbps = 33TB/month).

The setup fee for Online.net is higher, but you can use a ton more bandwidth (usually way above the guaranteed amount since it's a 1Gbps port).

Also including 100GB public remote backup

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • I've already ordered Dedibox XC from online.net :)
    thank you all

• Good to know that you got the server. How much did you paid for the server? What is the server spec?

• @MilesWeb said:
    Good to know that you got the server. How much did you paid for the server? What is the server spec?

Hi MilesWeb,

You can take a look at it here: https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

• hm, you interested in merging that with another free image hoster if i provide infrastructure for it? Your specifications are on the very low end, i'd provide an E3 with unmetered BW and at least 4x2TB in RAID10, i'm not interested in any operational influence, just need an image upload API.

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • Hi William,

Can you give me more details about merging?

ps: I've take a look at your free image hosting at ...ghost.li

• They said that they will manual check my website within 5~7 business days but after 10 days , Upload and Share images & Free image hosting website: https://imghub.io

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@michaelphan said:
    I've tried cloudflare but they block my domain because my website use too much bandwitdth.

If you remake your website to deliver images on Named Data Networking (NDN), you can save a lot of bandwidth at the origin.

It will take a week of development, but then you can free unlimited caching of the images. Caching works best for "hot content", but not so well for long tail content.

Your server still needs to deliver the HTML, but then the frontend can use JavaScript to fetch images from the NDN network.

See our network here: https://ndndemo.arl.wustl.edu/

• @michaelphan how much are you earning on your service? Is it profitable?

• I just made a account here after lurking for years, just to let you know that you are commenting on a 6 year old thread.

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • @Barnesanger hahaha did not see that. I just saw in list of threads. hahaha

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@michaelphan said:
    You can take a look at it here: https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

@Barnesanger said:
    just to let you know that you are commenting on a 6 year old thread.

Hmm I was wondering why the pricing link doesn't work.

• @michaelphan said:
    Hi,

I'm running a free image hosting website. It has more than 500k images and take about 30TB/month out bound traffic (and this number is increasing).

I Need Dedicated Server 1TB HDD, Unmetered BW, over 2GB RAM.

The website service is free (just make a very little income from google adsense) so I''' very appreciated if some provider could offer me a cheap dedicated server.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

use CDN to decrease bandwidth usuage.

• hanoihanoi Member
    edited October 2020

@michaelphan said:
    @all: I've tried cloudflare but they block my domain because my website use too much bandwitdth. They ask for upgrade to $200/month - very high price for me.

Interesting, 30TB is not too much that I haven't heard from CloudFlare. Did anyone get same case from CloudFlare?
    I saw popular free image https://wallhaven.cc/ still use CloudFlare.
    Btw, have you tried Hetzner, Cosiu, BuyVM?> @team_traitor said:

@Barnesanger hahaha did not see that. I just saw in list of threads. hahaha

ops, thanks, Just read title :)), I haven't noticed