Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anonymous Proxy IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anonymous Proxy IP

Hello,

Does anybody know how people do this? For example this.

Many thanks

Comments

• probably because a proxy was observed on that IP some time ago

• What is 'this'?

• @kerouac said:
    What is 'this'?

"Country Anonymous Proxy (A1)"

• It's just geolocation, don't worry about it!

• Don't these sites just make observations from open ports on the connecting IP etc?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I remember some of PRQs IPs had that set on them for a while, it was probably just to appear different to those with Flagfox (marketing) and a bit of a brag as to their 'bulletproofness' (pre TPB raid)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • It's interesting as it appears on the website you link to, but not on the whois of the IP address.

I'd say it's decided by the website in question...

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Looks like they are using Maxmind's database.

• Testing from http://www.iplocation.net/, only MaxMind reported the IP as Anonymous Proxy. And MaxMind says

These IP addresses are used as anonymizers or VPN services. They are often used to circumvent IP geolocation restrictions

I'd say it's kinda a blacklist for proxies on MaxMind's book.

• So what is it anyways? Doesn't show up on DomainTools.

• Yeah, I'm just wondering how this can be achieved, is it the specific ip allocation or is it the ip going through a proxy or some sort of application.

• As can be seen in the whois, it seems like it's not the allocation, maxmind must have some system to check wether or not an ip or block is being 'massively' used as proxy.

How is a good question though.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Maxmind flags them as proxies and adds them to their database. They don't explain the process but you could always contact them to find out.