Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the fault at online.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is the fault at online.net?

Hello!

Online.net has offers from time to time. Something like 40-60€ for dual Xeon 16-64G ram an unmetered gigabit.
I searched in TOS today for the bandwith which they really mean with unlimited but found nothing.
Is there someone who can confirm this? Or better make it clear what's really on there with unlimited bandwidth.

Thanks!
derdigge

Comments

• I have never been limited on my boxes and I have pushed around 30TB some months.

The issue with Online.net is their absolute policies on account transfers and merging accounts - it cannot be done.

• I get 15TB/month out of my little one core @1,6GHz CPU. More isn't possible because I alread have an usage of 100%. But I'm sure a lot more is possible:)

• Ok and why did the interface not ACCEPT my phone number ?
    I used the Santax shown on the form. one of you can help me here please?
    Thanks a lot for your comments.

• supicksupick Member
    edited December 2014

derdigge said: Ok and why did the interface not ACCEPT my phone number ? I used the Santax shown on the form. one of you can help me here please? Thanks a lot for your comments.

I think they only accept french phone number, I also have same problem, I write random number start with +33, and it works LOL

And your 1st question: Yes, real unlimited BW

• @derdigge said:
    Ok and why did the interface not ACCEPT my phone number ?

Worked for me, using +44 (UK)

• @rmlhhd said:

Worked for me, using +44 (UK)

+1

• German numbers (+49) was working too. But the syntax really fucked me up -.-

• Austrian (0043) no issue either, i doubt it's limited in any way.

• You have guaranteed minimum for every offer stated on product page just look in product table... I do tests on different times it's always over the minimum... (several times over)

the only "catch" in europe is the price of IP addresses...

Last time 64GB offer was with 200 mbits guaranteed speed

• @multi
    Please post an example. The syntax is really anoying.
    Can't figure it out.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@derdigge said:
    multi
    Please post an example. The syntax is really anoying.
    Can't figure it out.

Easy, Country, area code, phone #

As:

52 1 81 11111111

AS a mexican

• MultiMulti Member
    edited December 2014

@derdigge

I think they changed something. Now its pretty easy:

+49.180666666

Just +49.MYNUMBER

EDIT: Forget the first 0.

Example for a number in Berlin (030 123456789): +49.30123456789

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • +31 worked for me. :) (the Netherlands)

• Tried a different browser now. Iron didn't work but Firefox does.

• It's unlimited, you can use as many bandwidth as you want, just don't abuse them like kcaj ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I also had issues with the phone numbers it tooke me 4-5 tries to guess the format, but in the end worked. sadly, I dont remember which version did.

• @Multi said:
    derdigge

I think they changed something. Now its pretty easy:

+49.180666666

I believe this is the solution. Just a UX issue.

• c1bl said: It's unlimited, you can use as many bandwidth as you want, just don't abuse them like kcaj ;)

It's not abuse if a provider advertises the capability and providers the capability to use it.

• @kcaj, it's 1Gbps port, not 1Gbps dedicated / server. They never advertised you can use 1Gbps.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @c1bl said:
    kcaj, it's 1Gbps port, not 1Gbps dedicated / server. They never advertised you can use 1Gbps.

Right. For those 2 euro boxes, they guarantee you get at least 100Mbps and burstable to 1Gbps.

@kcaj I would recommend checking out https://status.online.net/weathermap/ and find out where is your box located.

• @c1bl said:
    kcaj, it's 1Gbps port, not 1Gbps dedicated / server. They never advertised you can use 1Gbps.

The server is advertised with a 1Gb/s link, though that is not my argument here, I'm not shocked that a 2EUR doesn't come with 1Gb/s. If it is unreasonable for Online.net to provide 1Gb/s then they should limit my port and remove the 1Gb/s reference from their site as it's meaningless in any context.

@halczy said:
    kcaj I would recommend checking out https://status.online.net/weathermap/ and find out where is your box located.

The weather map doesn't cover switches, just routers. In the case of the 2EUR server they're connected to switches at 1Gb/s with a 12:1 contention ratio.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @kcaj agree, they should only limit your port.

Thanked by 1netomx