Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is DelimiterVPS 5 USD dedicated blocked for brazilians?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is DelimiterVPS 5 USD dedicated blocked for brazilians?

I've tried to buy one of this machines but the auto block system has banned my account. Tried to send a email and never received any response. Anyone knows if this servers are blocked for brazilians?

ORDER ID: 6251647548
(from 4 Nov.)

Comments

• I don't think its specifically Brazilians but more likely something wrong in your order which failed their fraud checks. Try emailing [email protected]

• I have sent some emails, no response until now :(

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If you are having this experience, why do you still want to go ahead? Really, I don't understand humans sometimes.

• Why it's the only dedicated that I can pay for now because the dollar is fu**ing high here on Brasil. And I will not speak about the euro price :/

President Dilma's fault.

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    Why it's the only dedicated that I can pay for now because the dollar is fu**ing high here on Brasil. And I will not speak about the euro price :/

President Dilma's fault.

I fail to see how a president can be responsible for you not been able to pay a server to fulfill your own needs?

There are other options, like kimsufi (5 Euro), online.net (6 Eur)

• edited December 2014

@Darwin said:
    There are other options, like kimsufi (5 Euro), online.net (6 Eur)

Her reelection is causing the dollar and stock markets in Brazil to fall off a cliff. http://online.wsj.com/articles/re-election-secured-brazils-president-faces-challenges-1414404001

The exchange rates must be painful

• Nyr said: If you are having this experience, why do you still want to go ahead? Really, I don't understand humans sometimes.

Because not everything is perfect and it'd be unreasonable to think so. If it were you wouldn't need to involve humans................

• afterSt0rmafterSt0rm Member
    edited December 2014

@Darwin I was looking at this two but the setup price is a bit high for me atm. I haven't said that the president was responsible for I'm not been able to pay a server. I said that she is responsible for the high dolar and euro prices.

We have a big problem with our economical politics by now. :/

But thank you for your help.

• @StartledPhoenix said:
    The exchange rates must be painful

You are quite right:

1 USD = 2.57969983 BRL
    1 EUR = 3.17443672 BRL

Plus 6,38% of IOF tax. And as now we can't use the PayPal's exchange rate method, we really don't know how much we will pay at the end, because the credit card operators will use the exchange rate of the day of monthly bill closing. And this day can be 30 days ahead, when the world would be already exterminated.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Makenai
  • LowEndEconomy now :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@EkaatyLinux said:
    I have sent some emails, no response until now :(

I had the same experience with that email. I feel sorry about @MarkTurner , he makes his best here and Steve doesn't answer the emails :(

• According to Steve this order number 6251647548 does not exist and he's seen no orders from Brazil in the past 12 hours

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • @MarkTurner This order number is from 4. Nov. I can't make another order because my email is blocked on the system. Can I PM you with my email? I think that way you can see what has happened.

• Sorry I missed the point about it being from a month ago. I think the best thing to do is email [email protected] and cc me on the email (my email is shown in my profile here).

• Ok. I will do that.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Thank you @MarkTurner. The server is now pending :)

• My server is now online and updating. The moderation can now close this thread.

Thank you all :)

Thanked by 2netomx VenexCloud
  • That was fast :).

• Yes @ATHK I had the same feeling :)

Thanked by 1VenexCloud
  • @EkaatyLinux may I know, is it debian based or slackware base?

• @vRozenSch00n If you are asking about Ekaaty Linux, it has a Fedora base. If you are asking about my server, it's CentOS based.

• Oh, that's good. So you customized it to be used for desktop for average users and also academic?

What is the different between those two?

• @vRozenSch00n I'm not the devel guy. We are a group of about 20 academic students that decided to make Free Software events and a Linux distro.

Actually I'm the auxiliary infrastructure manager. I take care of the non-critical network infrastructure of the project.

About the differences, the academic version has a very large set of apps that can be used at the academy and we have this version installed on all computers of the Area1 University, a DeVry's subsidiary in Brazil.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Mark_R
  • @EkaatyLinux that's good to know to have an user friendly and easy to use software.

Good luck to you and your team :)

• Thank you, we will need this. We are facing some BIG problems now :)

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    Thank you, we will need this. We are facing some BIG problems now :)

Anything the community could help with?

• Nothing atm, but we appreciate the help. We are facing problems with man power but it's nothing in what the comunnity can help us.

Thank you very much @GoodHosting.

• Does that 5$ offer still exist? Can't seem to find it anywhere...

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    1 USD = 2.57969983 BRL 1 EUR = 3.17443672 BRL

1.00 USD = 3.47130 MYR
    1.00 EUR = 4.26484 MYR

You were saying?