Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Vpses to 1?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 Vpses to 1?

just after some advice.
I currently have 2 VPSES with 2 different hosts.

Both have their own cPanel licences which are approx £100 per server per year and I have 10 IPs between them, I host around 60 sites and growing and would like to only have one VPS.

I understand it must be a higher spec VPS what are my best options?

Thanks

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

What are the spec of current VPS, do you need managed? Location? More info required!

• For £200 a year you can get a relatively nice dedicated server

• Would move to a dedi for the right price as I can get dedi Cpanel licence for what it costs for 2 VPS.

Location Must be UK.
    Current Vpses are 1gb ram 50gb disk and 60gb disk only paying around £15 per month for both

• Most sites I host are Php with databases and couple fairly high traffic.

• I'm on unmanaged. Is there much difference to managing a dedi to a VPS?

• @n1kko said:
    Would move to a dedi for the right price as I can get dedi Cpanel licence for what it costs for 2 VPS.

Location Must be UK.
    Current Vpses are 1gb ram 50gb disk and 60gb disk only paying around £15 per month for both

The kimsufi i3 would be a nice option if you dropped the UK requirement. The ping difference for me is 1-3ms vs a UK server to my kimsufi machine.

• LeeLee Veteran

You wont get 10 ips with Kimsufi

• @sc754 said:
    The kimsufi i3 would be a nice option if you dropped the UK requirement. The ping difference for me is 1-3ms vs a UK server to my kimsufi machine.

Must be UK otherwise that would be perfect.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    You wont get 10 ips with Kimsufi

Need 10 to 20 IPs for SSLs

• LeeLee Veteran

Who are you with just now? Could you not ask one of them if they can offer you a bigger VPS?

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Who are you with just now? Could you not ask one of them if they can offer you a bigger VPS?

Could do I suppose. With one pound web hosting & inception hosting @anthonysmith

• LeeLee Veteran

I am sure one of them could help you out, it seems that based on what you have a dedicated would be more hassle than it's worth and besides that the cost in the UK would likely not be viable for the cost.

So I would speak to your current providers if you are happy with them before looking elsewhere. You could also look at the free SSL with cloudflare depending on your site needs.

Thanked by 1n1kko
  • Thanks for help. I want to merge them in to one to make life easier and dedi in the UK is crazy prices. I have a couple of sites on CloudFlares free DSL so could move others there save on extra IPS

Will get on to current providers And see what they can offer.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @n1kko said:
    Need 10 to 20 IPs for SSLs

You can't justify IPs on SSLs anymore as cPanel doesn't need dedicated IP for SSL anymore :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Give me a PM/Ticket if you want any options.

Thanked by 1n1kko
  • @n1kko said:
    Could do I suppose. With onepoundwebhosting

Not sure of your account details, open a ticket with your requirements and I will see what I can do.

Thanked by 1n1kko
  • @Sady said:
    You can't justify IPs on SSLs anymore as cPanel doesn't need dedicated IP for SSL anymore :)

Depends if your customer base can utilise SNI.