Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BookMarklet to Hide Shared Hosting Posts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BookMarklet to Hide Shared Hosting Posts

ksubediksubedi Member
edited December 2014 in General

I know LET has been getting a lot of heat lately after the Shared/Reseller hosting category has been launched.

I am personally okay with it, but some people do not want to see it. So I came up with a bookmarklet that will hide all shared/reseller hosting posts.

Since LowEndTalk filters out javascript on the bookmarklet link, I made a blog post about it, please go here for the bookmarklet : https://kaushalsubedi.com/2014/12/02/hide-all-sharedreseller-hosting-posts-from-lowendtalk/

Comments

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited December 2014

for the lazy:
    javascript:($('a[href$=shared-reseller-offers]').closest('.ItemDiscussion').slideUp())

• LeeLee Veteran

So hold on, you just posted an offer in the section you are trying to hide for people.... OK..

• @W1V_Lee said:
    So hold on, you just posted an offer in the section you are trying to hide for people.... OK..

Aren't you the one who was complaining about shared and reseller hosting offers in the other thread?

• LeeLee Veteran

I was not complaining, merely offering a view. Nice try though.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I was not complaining, merely offering a view. Nice try though.

Since I saw so many people not liking it, thought id help however i could.

• Actually there is nothing wrong with shared hosting. I saw several providers out there who can sell $20 - $100 a month for a shared hosting account.

The different with many cheap providers, they have professional support team 24/7 via various channels (BB, e-mail, Phone calls, text messages). They have redundant system, daily backup, they support application installation, setting and maintenance (updates etc), security audit, and for some extra they provide website design, SEO and also customer loyalty program. They also willing to sign an NDA to business entity who host with them.

Their target market mostly bloggers, small business owners, and customers who want to focus on their contents :)

Thanked by 1ksubedi
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    Actually there is nothing wrong with shared hosting. I saw several providers out there who can sell $20 - $100 a month for a shared hosting account.

The different with many cheap providers, they have professional support team 24/7 via various channels (BB, e-mail, Phone calls, text messages). They have redundant system, daily backup, they support application installation, setting and maintenance (updates etc), security audit, and for some extra they provide website design, SEO and also customer loyalty program. They also willing to sign an NDA to business entity who host with them.

Their target market mostly bloggers, small business owners, and customers who want to focus on their contents :)

I totally agree with you. Shared hosting companies can be both good and bad, big and small, just like VPS companies. I dont think adding a Shared/Reseller section was a bad idea.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n