Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am about to buy a VPS! Help!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am about to buy a VPS! Help!

Hi there, I am about to buy a VPS, I want to know how many gameservers it can handle,
Multi Theft Auto - mtasa.com

1 GB RAM
1 GB VSwap
100 GB HDD
2 Cores

Those are the specs.

Comments

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

Well, you should consider looking at the recommended specifications for your software.

• You leave nothing for the imagination, do you? ;)

@GoodHosting said:
    Well, you should consider looking at the recommended specifications for your software.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

@k0nsl said:
    You leave nothing for the imagination, do you? ;)

I'm not going to support an illegitimate private server/ddos magnet/abusive software like this :).

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • said: 1 GB RAM 1 GB VSwap 100 GB HDD 2 Cores

It is good enough to handle two MTA servers with 50-100 ( or even more ) slots with a lag free experience.

• Sparko, but on my last VPS, with the same specs, I ran 10 successful MTA Server's with no lag, I thought I could do the same thing.

@GoodHosting : It's not a Illegal software, DDoS or anything like that. I would just like to host around 5 gameservers, MTASA on my VPS.

• @raysmta said:
    Sparko, but on my last VPS, with the same specs, I ran 10 successful MTA Server's with no lag, I thought I could do the same thing.

GoodHosting : It's not a Illegal software, DDoS or anything like that. I would just like to host around 5 gameservers, MTASA on my VPS.

All game servers are considered as DDoS magnets as once your server goes high up the ranks or you annoy someone(ban or kick from your server), there is a high chance it would attract DDoS attacks.

• You will get DDoS on vps because mta & samp are magnets for that like GoodHosting said.
    Your best choise is kimsufi http://www.kimsufi.com/en/ wait for KS-1 with N2800 its great I have one.

• sparkosparko Member
    edited December 2014

raysmta said: Sparko, but on my last VPS, with the same specs, I ran 10 successful MTA Server's with no lag, I thought I could do the same thing.

It also depends on the scripts you use in game, let's take the example of that minecraft script for MTA, if you will add it to your server and get a good amount of players at a time then you will feel the lag in game.

And regarding DDoS attacks, always remember MTA is filled with kids who hate each others, so a DDoS protection is must.

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

The game server resource usage depends on how your game servers are configured, how many plugins and what king of plugins you have on them. With default config and plugins your VPS should be capable of running 5 MTA server's with no lag.

• GoodHosting said: I'm not going to support an illegitimate private server/ddos magnet/abusive software like this :).

Yeah right, an open source server mod is "illegitimate"? But bukkit is fine?

DDoS magnet? Big deal, just null route the IP.

Abusive software? How about you specify the CPU amount that can constantly be used in your AUP and leave it to the customer what they host with the resources they paid for?

Pls get real.

@ OP: Just test it locally...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

My opinion is, dont get a VPS for Gameservers. Get a small Dedicated Server and you will not have any issues related to laggs as long you know how many gameservers you can put on one box.

It depens on the Provider/Node where you are one, you can have the smallest package no probs or the biggest package and tons of laggs. So better get a dedi.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Infinity580 said: o better get a dedi.

And do not forget the DDoS protection. OVH is your best bet for the cheap side, but there will be some hiccups now and then.