Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Cheap VPS for Dev testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Super Cheap VPS for Dev testing

Looking for a CHEAP vps. For most part, it will be idling, so if someone is offering hourly VPS, might be ideal (so long as i dont have to start from scratch and install everything every time i want to use it).

Was using a $10/year deal from a long ago for a 512mb VPS with centos. Looking for similar, but maybe 1gb ram, ssd maybe as well (not fussy)? Needs to be somewhat reliable when i need to use it, but i really wont be using it very often (several hours a week most likely).

Ideas? Anyone has any deals for me?

Comments

• Have you tried RunAbove?

• @c1bl said:
    Have you tried RunAbove?

Does runabove have 1G plan?

• Looks like it does, there is a thread on Runabove in the first or second page. You get a $5 credit initially.

@windytime90 said:
    Does runabove have 1G plan?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

RunAbove have up to 10gbs depending of the package.

• We have a promo going on for 30% off recurring on all of our plans, comes with DDoS protection and unmetered bandwidth and starts at $1.75 per month, please check this thread : http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/38067/nexim-web-hosting-30-off-promo-ddos-protection-unmetered-bandwidth-1gb-3-5-m-2gb-7-m

• Hello I can give you a vm on my private node....note there won't be any cost to it(it will be free as I am not really going to make a profit to pay for the dedi's with $10/year so I would rather just give it for free to you instead to help out a fellow developer.) but please note I would ask you to please follow my hosting provider's dedi's tos please though. to avoid me kicked out of my dedi provider. pm me and I will send you details to a vm.

• Wable.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • praveenbhat said: Looks like it does, there is a thread on Runabove in the first or second page. You get a $5 credit initially.

I know, but I think the lowest package is 2GB ram. Sometimes I dont use that much, so I want to cut off my billing but I don't know that they have 1GB plan :D

• @windytime90

What is the bandwidth you want?

• praveenbhat said: What is the bandwidth you want?

Very little, about 100-200GB/month.

• timnboys said: Hello I can give you a vm on my private node....note there won't be any cost to it(it will be free as I am not really going to make a profit to pay for the dedi's with $10/year so I would rather just give it for free to you instead to help out a fellow developer.) but please note I would ask you to please follow my hosting provider's dedi's tos please though. to avoid me kicked out of my dedi provider. pm me and I will send you details to a vm.

Thanks for the kind offer. I think someone else would enjoy this much better than i would (dont waste your resources on me haha, specially on a dev/test setup). I only need it for dev/testing purposes (will spend most of the time turning it on and off again, and installing software and re-imaging than anything to try figure out optimum setups etc). I think something like Runabove would be much more along the lines, and seems cheap too. Thanks again for the kind offer :)

To others who suggested RunAbove, i have registered an account. But seems a bit confusing. Their control panel allows you to create an instance very quickly, but there seems to be not much control for the instance (restarting, shutting down, etc). Specially given that its an "hourly" service, bit silly if you cant shut it down when you dont use it. I may contact the support and ask.

Is there any other services similar that you guys know of?

Thanks in advance.

• @decay click on your name after logged in, and change to "Expert Mode"

• @decay did you validate your account?

There is a RunAbove thread, which you can read through and understand how it goes there:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/36491/runabove-2gb-memory-ssd-ddos-protection-2-5usd-mo-14month-free#latest

• xvmlabs.com might be suitable..

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We have a hourly service billed 0.008$ / hour (6.20$ / month).
    1/2 vcpu 512mb ram 50 gb on a cloudstakc platform you have plenty of tools.
    Basics to turn off turn on your instance but you can also mount iso, snapshot volumes export them etc... it comes along with advanced network features such has firewalling and load balancing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

Regards

• I would highly recommend William's WaveRide.at

• @Ikoula only 10mbit external bandwidth?

• VenexCloud_Huiren said: I would highly recommend William's WaveRide.at

Though it's no longer William's :)

• c1bl said: @decay click on your name after logged in, and change to "Expert Mode"

Wow, why is this option hidden? UI -1
    But besides that, RubAbove seems to be doing what i want now. I havent fully tested it, but i wills see how it goes.

TY for all your help. Any more suggestions, keep them coming, if i have any doubt about RunAbove, i will try the suggestions after :)

• Check out ExaCloud - www.exacloudsys.net

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

@linuxthefish it is 10mbits but you can ask up to 1gbits.
    Need to contact sales department before ordering.

• You may want to look at RackSpace developer program:: https://developer.rackspace.com/signup/

Which is basically enough free credit run a 1GB instance for a year.

I ordered a London one few months back, the process was flawless, just make sure to supply a valid phone number as RackSpace is doing manual verification of the order over the phone

• TermietTermiet Member
    edited December 2014

Try a http://megavz.com/ MEGAVZ1024, €8 per year, friendly people. Very fast btw.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2014

Try free web IDE, say Cloud9, Koding etc.

Termiet said: Try a http://megavz.com/ MEGAVZ1024, $8 per year, friendly people. Very fast btw.

€8 :)