Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone recommend me a good and affordable managed VPS provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone recommend me a good and affordable managed VPS provider?

I am interested in getting a managed VPS plan, but I have no idea about what companies would be the best for that.

Comments

• What do you plan on running on the vps that you need management for? Here are a few good ones:

www.webair.com
    www.exacloudsys.net
    www.knownhost.com

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

For managed, I've had excellent experiences with both WiredTree and KnownHost.

• +1 for knownhost

• tektonic

• We offer a managed VPS, inclusive of cPanel £28.50/mo ($43). Check our offer out.

www.myserverplanet.com

• Another +1 for KnownHost

• I used WiredTree and KnownHost in the past but honestly was not very impressed with either. Even though my knowledge is still a bit limited configuring Linux servers, I am happier using my current skill set and saving money on unmanaged services. Worst case I can restore a backup if I can't fix an issue.

Although support at both WT and KH was not very good though I still felt better at the time knowing I wasn't completely on my own. Half of the tickets I put in would not be handled properly the first time and I'd have to follow up multiple times (or sometimes finish the job for them). At least requests would get done eventually. Some pros and cons for WT vs KH, not sure I'd recommend one over the other.

• +1 for WiredTree. But they are bit expensive.

• Try Ftpit, I am with them and @FtpIt_Radi And @ftpit is the best on helping me especially randy who goes out of his way to backup everything for me. There the best vps provider I know right now.

Thanked by 1support123
  • +1 for LET managed VPS @ftpit

Thanked by 1support123
  • Any of you have heard about GreenValueHost? Did you have good/bad experiences with them?

I just read that they too offer fully-managed VPS plans.

• @JeanJean said:
    Any of you have heard about GreenValueHost? Did you have good/bad experiences with them?

They're pretty notorious for massively overselling and providing generally poor service around these parts. However, things may have changed recently so it might be worth looking into. Here's just ONE example of many if you look into "green value host reviews" http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20262/green-value-host-stay-away-end-customer-review

More related to your original question: What type of management are you looking for? Did you require cPanel or just a basic LAMP stack? Did you need full server hardening with reactive monitoring, or did you want to partially look after it yourself? Some more information on this would be very helpful for both providers looking to offer their services and for others willing to recommend other providers. As of now, your request is way too ambiguous for anyone to make a serious recommendation/offer.

• @JeanJean said:
    Any of you have heard about GreenValueHost? Did you have good/bad experiences with them?

If you need the cheapest and offline VPS, go with them.

• @c1bl said:
    If you need the cheapest and offline VPS, go with them.

I missed the second adjective the first time I read your sentence... Then I read it again and couldn't stop laughing for a minute. LOL.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @Jonchun said:

Hi,

I would need full-management because I am pretty new in this world of servers. I have no idea how to manage/administrate a server. So, do you agree that in my case is better to get a fully-managed VPS server, right? Or what do you think?

Therefore, As people say that things are easier to manage with Cpanel, I would need it too.

• @JeanJean said:

What do you use the VPS for? If you're new and need to host some websites, I recommend you go with shared hosting first.

• @JeanJean Why not some good shared hosting? What will you be hosting? If it is small website or blog, then going for Shared Hosting is better.

• YorksitYorksit Member
    edited December 2014

We offer managed VPS for £8.99 per month. Check out our offer for LET users,
    http://www.yorks.com/let-vps/

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep