Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deluge too slow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deluge too slow

Hi
I am using deluge but it seems to work too slow. I have use it own GVH, Online.net and even Google compute engine vm.
The problem is that downloads start slow and then they accelerate.Is there any way if it could make connection faster and reach its maximum speed a little earlier.
It doesnot matter how many seeds or peers they are , the torrent starts at ~100kb/s and after 30-40 sec goes to ~1 mb/sec and after 2-3 min hits max speed.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So you hit max speed in 2 mins and you're complaining it's too slow...?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

it takes some time for the torrent client to find/determine fast peers - like you said it will build up. adjust the network settings properly or look for a more agressive torrent client that uses a different method of finding fast peers. I recommend Tixati.

• ok will try tixati

• When you add a torrent it allocates space on drive first and only then starts the download. Faster HDD or an SSD would help.

• Hi, as i understand, it's depends on the tracker config.

I mean, how fast torrent tracker will be find a users with this files.

Please, if you will solve this, share info how you do that.

• Did you try Transmission?

• Did you try rtorrent?

• Makenai said: When you add a torrent it allocates space on drive first and only then starts the download. Faster HDD or an SSD would help.

That is optional with Deluge and disabled by default.

said: Hi I am using deluge but it seems to work too slow

This could be a problem with the peers, or the tracker is not giving you all the peers and Deluge needs time to perform peer exchange. Maybe Deluge is taking an average of the speed and the raw speed is hidden. There are a lot of variables that you should consider before thinking that Deluge is just "slow".

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@desperand said:
    Hi, as i understand, it's depends on the tracker config.

No. Trackers only provide a list of peers, instantly.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited December 2014

Use better trackers where nearly everyone has gbit seedboxes

• Nyr said: No. Trackers only provide a list of peers, instantly.

But what if the tracker only gives 10 peers per request? Any client would have issues connecting to a swarm of 100's if the tracker is configured ignorantly (although a good client is still able to function).