Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to Buy IPv4 Allocations [Purchase not Lease]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to Buy IPv4 Allocations [Purchase not Lease]

ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
edited November 2014 in Requests

Hey guys,
If anyone has some PI (Provider Independent) IPv4 allocations from any LIR (ARIN preferred though), and you need some quick cash - please contact me at [email protected]

I have an ASN to transfer the allocations to already.
I can even arrange you some free colocation or dedicated servers as part of the payment if hosting was important for you to have - it would be in Los Angeles on a BGP blend of various premium providers.

Thanks!

Comments

• Why don't you get it directly from ARIN, would be a lot cheaper i imagine?

• I want IP blocks upfront without having to migrate later, to do that with ARIN I need to show current usage of 1024~ IPs.

Maybe I should give away $.50 cent VPS's?

• ItsChrisG said: Maybe I should give away $.50 cent VPS's?

Sounds good, or like BuyVM did some time ago: vps packages with many IPs....

• @ItsChrisG said:
    I want IP blocks upfront without having to migrate later, to do that with ARIN I need to show current usage of 1024~ IPs.

Wrong. NRPM was updated not too long ago to change the requirements to a /24 of IP space:

https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#four221

• ben78 said: Sounds good, or like BuyVM did some time ago: vps packages with many IPs....

Can't do that willy nilly though, because ARIN will ask for reasoning/usage information for the usage of those IPs per client.
    So clients would need to fill out a justification form and tell me what they need multiple IPs per VM for -- which isn't that big of a deal, as long as clients don't think it is a big deal.

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited November 2014

ItsChrisG said: So clients would need to fill out a justification form and tell me what they need multiple IPs per VM for -- which isn't that big of a deal, as long as clients don't think it is a big deal.

I'd believe they won't think it's a big deal, as if they decide to get this package rather than another one it's because they believe they (might?) need that many IPs...

• bump, contact me if you want to offload

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

I only know of one provider on LEB/LET that owns their own IPs, the rest of us lease them from our RIR I believe.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

You can get a /24 from ARIN pretty easily now that they've lowered the minimum initial allocation. That's probably the easiest/cheapest route at this point.

• @qps said:
    You can get a /24 from ARIN pretty easily now that they've lowered the minimum initial allocation. That's probably the easiest/cheapest route at this point.

which sounds strange .. since i always thought we were running out of ipv4s and they "should" be getting more harder to get.

• dammugly said: which sounds strange .. since i always thought we were running out of ipv4s and they "should" be getting more harder to get.

ARIN hasn't been following that trend.