Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you get a Kimsufi off of someone else?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can you get a Kimsufi off of someone else?

Is it possible to get a super-cheap Kimsufi off of someone else? If so, does anyone have any? I don't feel like paying the setup fee for just a few weeks of development work.

Comments

• You can transfer them, it's just grief. I'd rather pay the setup fee than piss around with faxing stuff all over the place.

• @Nekki said:
    piss around with faxing stuff all over the place.

I'd probably just end up paying for the year if that's the case, which removes the setup fee, right?

• Just checked. It does not. :(

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

@Nekki said:
    You can transfer them, it's just grief.

I didn't think you could xfer the new ones, my old box from '13 wouldn't allow a transfer either.

@Steven_F said:
    Just checked. It does not. :(

@Steven_F thats only SYS/OVH IIRC not KS.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited November 2014

@Steven_F Actually I can let you borrow one of my kimsufi dedi's(there both my private nodes)--the one I was going to let you borrow is one I consider my test server(not that anything is wrong with it I just would rather test distro's etc on it than on my production dedi)
    I don't think I want to transfer it but I can install whatever you want on it and you can do whatever you want on it as long as it applies to the tos of kimsufi don't want to get kicked off for something I wouldn't do. but anyway it is the ks-3 I believe with the i3 processor. please contact me via pm for more details as I wouldn't want my server access details out in the open if you can understand that.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • @timnboys said:

Thanks, however, someone else already offered. Awesome community, right there.

• @Steven_F And I have a KS-2 idling in France (with 500gb drive) if you are interested for a short term use (at USD$14/month to cover the PP fees). Same as @timnsboys, as long as you adhere to their TOS, I'm fine with it.