Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embeddable web media player...ideally that supports wmv?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Embeddable web media player...ideally that supports wmv?

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited July 2012 in Help

I have a .wmv video that I want to put online. Unfortunately, I can't put it on YT as the guy who is letting me host it doesn't want it on YT.

Is there a free player I can embed on my web site to show the video?

I suppose I could convert it to a different format as a last resort.

It's a Wordpress site: BlackBeltDL.com.

Comments

• WHy dont u just convert it?

I use http://www.freemake.com/

you can convert it to flash and it gives u a embed code (You do need somewhere to host the file tho)

• n0myn0my Member

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_object.asp

WMV without converting. One of your option would be WMP.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Don't do such things. If i ever see a site with embeded WMP, I will leave and never get back again.

Convert it to flash, much, much better.

• Just put it on youtube.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

And some offtopyc - I have gone through that site and can not really accept that someone can learn martial arts virtually. I myself have trained for some time, 3-4 times weekly for 1-2 hours each time, can't see how this can be done without many partners and an instructor.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I don't mind converting to flash or any other format, but I have to self-host it, so the question is what javascript, java, etc. player do i put on my site.

@LiquidHost said: And some offtopyc - I have gone through that site and can not really accept that someone can learn martial arts virtually. I myself have trained for some time, 3-4 times weekly for 1-2 hours each time, can't see how this can be done without many partners and an instructor.

I certainly agree that it is vastly preferable, and that is the way I learned as well. No argument from me on that.

However, it is a growing field and there are a lot of "name brand" instructors who offer virtual lessons. I thought I'd put together a resource site that sorts out the legitimate from the scams.

• Convert to mp4, use JWPlayer with HTML5 fallback and an mp4 module for your respective web server to allow seeking.

Lets you play across nearly all devices, and JWPlayer has a lovely WordPress plugin.

Thanked by 1vedran

@ihatetonyy said: Convert to mp4, use JWPlayer with HTML5 fallback and an mp4 module for your respective web server to allow seeking.

That sounds like a good stratetegy.

• You can use your own player with HTML, don't remember right now but its necessary to have your own video in a local folder/area.

Or the second idea is upload it to Vimeo (prefer it) or Youtube.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ihatetonyy knows his stuff, efficient method too.

• Convert it, then use this http://videojs.com
    HTML5 video with flash fallback: 3

• klikliklikli Member
    edited July 2012

The only solution is Silverlight (except WMP), but the plugin deployment rate is low.

So, do it the HTML5 way.